I'm Supposed to Introduce Myself

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
Grace

I'm Supposed to Introduce Myself

Post by Grace »

Hello everyone,

My name is Cynthia. Momma has said that I should use this account in order to introduce myself here. I have to use a different color than her so that people can tell the difference between us. I like her color but she's using it. I also like
this color but Momma says most people have problems seeing all the pretty shades of black.

That makes me sad. :(

I won't be getting my own account here. I don't think it is a tactically sound decision to post so much information about ourselves on a public forum like this. Or at all. There's so much information on this site I could use against all of you, that you should be a little more concerned than you seem to be.

Plus Momma and Papa have already said a lot about what I can do and that makes me sad. :(

I'm only making this post because Momma says I have to.

So I've made it and now it's time for bed.

Sweet dreams everyone. :D
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Hannah

Re: I'm Supposed to Introduce Myself

Post by Hannah »

Hi Cynthia,

I'll get to talk to you on the phone tonight, but on behalf of everyone else I want to welcome you to the Lazlo Society Family.

Hannah

PS: The blue is a nice color.
I will be who I chose to be.
RAVEN

Post by RAVEN »

Blue looks great on you, Miss Cynthia.
I can't promise you that I will be good, but I do promise you that I will be good at it.

Coming soon! :10 Minutes After Midnight
Rowan

Yes, I’ve probably given too much—but I have even less.

Post by Rowan »

Yes, I’ve probably given too much—but if it helps another, it’s a price I’d pay gladly.

Whatever the case, welcome, Cynthia.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Hannah, you had a nice voice when we talked. I'm looking forward to seeing you this weekend and trying chocolate.

RAVEN, how do you know how Blue looks on me? Are you watching me without me knowing it? If you're watching me, you haven't been doing a very good job of it. I mostly wear blacks.

Oh, I guess you were referring to my text color, weren't you? I guess you fooled me. ;)

Rowan, are you a tree? :lol:

Why would you pay such a price gladly? You can only pay it once.

And since Momma wants me to remember my manners, thank you everyone.
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Tms3

Post by Tms3 »

I can tell having you about will be interesting.

no Rowen is not a tree just named after one
We who stand between the flame and the shadow
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Cynthia, thank you and I am totally looking forward to that too.

Hannah
Gotham Witch

Post by Gotham Witch »

Hello Cynthia, we haven't been introduced yet, but I have a feeling it won't be long, knowing Nemesis.

As the others said, welcome to the boards.
"God have mercy on a man, who doubts what he's sure of." - Bruce Springsteen
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Alright I am really confused. Who is the kid?
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Grace

Post by Grace »

The kid is a girl Ron and I discovered on a job together. And her name is Cynthia.
-Oscar Wilde.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Fascinating.

Welcome Cynthia.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Grace

Post by Grace »

Hello Tms3, The Chinese have a curse about interesting times. It's just one of the curses I know. Do Druids know curses?

Hello Gotham Witch. Have you made a pact or deal with any devils? Thats how some people become witches.

Or are you a Wiccan?

Hello GhostSpider. I like your name. Spiders are cool because they are really good predators. But I've never seen a spider's ghost. Are you a ghost of a predator?
-Oscar Wilde.
Gotham Witch

Post by Gotham Witch »

I'm merely a practitioner, Cynthia. My name is more a humorous reference to the fact I'm a New York-based sorceress (who many would call witch, even though witches are arguably something different).

"God have mercy on a man, who doubts what he's sure of." - Bruce Springsteen
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Greetings Cynthia.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Tms3

Post by Tms3 »

Curses are something to be used with a great deal of care. and though I do not use them and there use is frowned up on by my order, we all learn then if only so that we can brake them if needs be. on thing you have to rember about magic is that like energy attracts like. so if you deal in dark magic dark things tend to show up for a snake.. uselly it is the caster that is the blue plate speacle. next thing to rember is that the universe is a self righting mechanism if you monkey with the natural order, be perpaored for back lash
Grace

Post by Grace »

Greetings Shadowstalker. I like your name. Does it mean that you stalk shadows or that you stalk from the shadows?

Tms3, I know that like attracts like that's how I knew Momma would be my new handler. She had the prettiest shades of black around her. But the Dark Things that visit me never hurt me. Mostly they're just curious.

I am also aware of the principles of equivalent exchange. I pay my tithe everytime I use magic.

Maybe that's why the Dark Things don't hurt me.

Oh yes, I'm supposed to remember my manners.

Have a nice day! :D
-Oscar Wilde.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Gotham Witch wrote:I'm merely a practitioner, Cynthia. My name is more a humorous reference to the fact I'm a New York-based sorceress (who many would call witch, even though witches are arguably something different).

I guess many would call me a witch too, then.

But I'm not Wiccan.
-Oscar Wilde.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

You're very full of questions this morning Cynthia.

It must mean you're done with the inventory. Thank you.

When you have a moment there's a mess on the glass near the metal shop I'd like you to give a clean to. Then we'll go get lunch.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Grace

Post by Grace »

Yes, Papa.
-Oscar Wilde.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Heh, heh. Hello again Cynthia. Yes I stalk among the shadow, and the dark places. Hunting the things that would prey on humanity.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Tms3

Post by Tms3 »

hmm though shadowstalker. I would take care the last person I came accross with that nickname died a lone buying time for the army to counter an attack. after watching all his friends die. granted it was in a novel take care names do have power
Serpens Walker

Post by Serpens Walker »

Don't worry about the information, Cynthia.

Information might hold power, but it only holds as much power as you're willing to cede to someone holding the information. We aren't demons and devils held by contracts from time immemorial-we have free will.
"Anyone who does not partake of society is either a beast or a god." — Aristotle
Grace

Post by Grace »

I'm sorry Serpens Walker, but your statement is patently false.

True names are very important secrets to keep because they do indeed, allow others to have power over you. No amount of being willing to cede that power or not is going to make a difference.

Even in more mundane matters, information about a person gives those willing to exploit that information power over the person that they possess the information on. There is a whole category of crime called identity theft that covers that sort of power. And it also has nothing at all to do with the victims ceding power to someone else. Or anything as insubstantial as 'free will'. Because that knowledge and that power can be stolen.

And giving your enemies information or allowing them to steal it gives them power over you as well.

So it does make me sad when Momma and Papa say more than I think they should. :( I don't want others to have or to steal power over them. And I don't want to give up any more power over myself than has already been taken.

I hope you're very careful, Serpens Walker, about what you tell others about yourself. It's the same as willingly cedeing power and you may as well have no free will at all if that's the case.
-Oscar Wilde.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Cynthia, very true.

Though sometimes you also have to stand up and make sure everyone knows who you are if you want to take back that power you might have lost.

Delta Sierra
Grace

Post by Grace »

I don't undertand, Papa.
-Oscar Wilde.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

It's possible to use one's identity and reputation to influence others. Which is why you should be careful in how that reputation is crafted. Make it be the one you want others to see as much as possible, so that you can make them act to that rather than a different perception.

Take Momma for example. In her previous profession she worked hard to establish a very specific reputation so that when she needed to deal with someone, telling them who she was would produce a set of desired results from them (usually healthy respect and/or fear).

Delta Sierra
Grace

Post by Grace »

I read her old posts and it seemed like she was trying to pretend to be a guy all the time too. But she slipped a couple of times.

But then she met Hannah and seemed to think it was okay for everyone to know she was a girl. Then she seems to want everyone to think of her as an avenging angel. I sort of like that view of Momma.

I have a lot of respect for Momma and I can understand why others would fear her.

She's fierce! :D
-Oscar Wilde.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Cynthia,

Your Momma made a few changes in her life around the time we met. I was making changes around that time too. I think we both came out better for it.

Hannah
Grace

Post by Grace »

I think Momma and Papa would like me to go through some changes but I don't know how.
-Oscar Wilde.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Cynthia,

No worries about that, girls your age do a lot of changing naturally. I think that Momma and Dad are both hoping to direct those natural changes in a way that undoes a lot of what those other folk did to you.

Dad did much the same for me a few years ago.

Hannah