I'm Supposed to Introduce Myself

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
Rowan

I would disagree about the price

Post by Rowan »

Nemesis wrote:Rowan, are you a tree? :lol:

Why would you pay such a price gladly? You can only pay it once.

Tms3 has answered, and answered correctly—no, I’m not a tree. I took the moniker because a very special tree saved my life.

I would pay the price gladly because—for me—that price is not as high as it is for others. Because my life is best served in service to others.
Grace

Re: I'm Supposed to Introduce Myself

Post by Grace »

Hello Rowan,

It's good that the special tree saved your life. Be careful of special trees though. Some are alive and some have people in them.

I'm sure your special tree is fine though.

I understand sacrifice in the service of others. I have always served and sacrificed for others.

But I have not always been glad to do so.

Would it be impolite to ask who you serve now? I'm still learning my manners.

Thank you and have a nice day.
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Rowan

No, it wouldn’t be impolite

Post by Rowan »

No, it wouldn’t be impolite, Cynthia. If you equate employment with service, I serve a farmer—protect his land, so to speak.
Serpens Walker

Post by Serpens Walker »

And that's exactly the response I would expect from a paramilitary, brain washed child.

The equation is generally as simple as applying a point of focused pressure to influence someone else. It is not always that simple, however. I'm sure your Papa can tell you a story or two about a person that tried to influence someone else by telling them they knew where their family lived, and how it turned out unexpectedly.

True names do not hold power. That is the dogma of the weak minded who fail to see that there's a lot more going on than what we call someone. People who suffer identity theft leave key, important details out in an easily accessible fashion such as ID numbers, references, and their list of most trusted contacts. They also are clueless about digital security.
"Anyone who does not partake of society is either a beast or a god." — Aristotle
Grace

Post by Grace »

One is forced to wonder how many parapmilitary, brain washed children you have associated with to speak with such arbitrary authority on the subject.

Anyone who thinks that true names do not hold power is clueless about mystical security. True names do in fact hold power. Your ignorance of the subject is clear in your statements. For example, what we call someone is rarely their true name. Most people don't know their true names. It is doubtful you possess the insight to know any name that isn't on your birth certificate.

Further, not everyone who has their identity stolen is clueless or has made mistakes. This information can be stolen, as I already pointed out. It is not due to a persons mistakes that another chooses to malign them. It is because a person chooses to infringe on the privacy of others and has found or made the means to do so. You can do everything right and sill be a victim.

Your statements remain patently false.

And that makes me sad. :(
Last edited by Grace on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Serpens Walker wrote:And that's exactly the response I would expect from a paramilitary, brain washed child.

An interesting fact about such people.

They can grow up to be the most amazing individuals you'll find anywhere.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Tms3

Post by Tms3 »

Why do you think may people whom practice the arcane arts, adopted a use name that they share only with those they trust. so the adoution of an adult true name can be ether used as to cover your birth name or replace it in all dealings arcane.

Though there are things that you can do to limit what power your name holds. for what is a name but a title. Names do not really Describe what there given to... your much better being careful with how you despose of bits of your self. (such as hair and nail clippings)
We who stand between the flame and the shadow
Rowan

Another perspective to consider, maybe?

Post by Rowan »

There are books out there that mention the ability to—of all things—change true names. Can this practice be verified?

Many books hold true information—many hold false information.
Tms3

Post by Tms3 »

I can be just as some of the native tribes. Some people are giving a name by there parents at birth, Then once they come of age they chose a new name that becomes there use name. in some cases the use name is the true name in other cases there true name is the one they have been given at birth, but it is only shared with there family.

this is not unlike a mage or neo-pagan adoupting a craft name and again it depends on them if it becomes there true name or if it use used the hide there true name
Hannah

Re: Another perspective to consider, maybe?

Post by Hannah »

Rowan wrote:There are books out there that mention the ability to—of all things—change true names. Can this practice be verified?

Many books hold true information—many hold false information.

Rowan,

You have no idea how happy an idea this is for me right now. Can you direct us to some of those books?

Hannah
I will be who I chose to be.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Tms3,

I'm very studious about all my hair and nail clipping and expoliating my skin. Hygiene is important, for this especially.

Rowan,

Yes, true names can be changed. We've confirmed this by multiple sources, including books.

Hannah,

You haven't been as happy as I thought you would be today. Does it have something to do with that Pan wannabe I saw Tuesday night/Wednesday morning? I think he may have been cold because he shivered but Auntie Mel says that wasn't the case.

-Cynthia
-Oscar Wilde.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Hello everyone.

It's me, Cynthia. I'm not using my Momma's account anymore.

Due to a PM sent to my Momma recently that I accidently read, it was decided that I should get my own account for the sake of privacy.

-Cynthia
Hi! I'm Cynthia and I am my mother's daughter.
Defunct the strings
Of cemetary things
With one flat foot
On the devil's wing
Tms3

Post by Tms3 »

probly wise lass porbly wise.
Rowan

Be careful with it, Cynthia.

Post by Rowan »

“Accidents” happen—they always do. I say that in case you had any thoughts that it might’ve been your fault—it probably wasn’t.

What do you think now that you have attained your own account here, Cynthia?
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Hi Rowan,

I didn't want to get my own account but I understand why I had to. And since I'm the only one who knows my password, I guess that means I can get secret PM's too although I don't know what secrets people would be sending me. And I don't think I'd want to send out any of my secrets.

It's hard sometimes knowing what I should say where people can see and what I'm supposed to keep to myself. A lot of things I say are apparently "creepy". And recently Cybermancer sent me a nice PM about "TMI", which isn't the same as a secret because a secret is something everyone wants to know and a TMI is something that no one wants to know.

Though I think now that I have my own account, it is sorta nifty. :)
Hi! I'm Cynthia and I am my mother's daughter.
Defunct the strings
Of cemetary things
With one flat foot
On the devil's wing
Chalice

Post by Chalice »

So, I naturally want to ask about the pm, but prolly shouldn't.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

It was in relation to a post Cynthia made that some might fine a tad off putting. Though really, the topic subject matter had already been breached by another poster so she can hardly be faulted.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."