Interesting dinner guests

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
Michael T

Interesting dinner guests

Post by Michael T »

Last night Kolya, Natasha, Shadow and thier respective teams arrived at my home. We spent quite some time disscussing the situation with the SOwki and it's organization. Natasha spent most of her time buried in a book from my library, my daughter was running for books on the subjects Natasha was interested in. As this was my mentor's home and she spent alot of time here with him when I was on buisness she has this library memorized. I belive she has a near photographic memory. With the information laid out and compared we could definately see the connection to the two cases linking to the Sowki. We also had a grand time planning how to smack the thing before eliminateing it, and swapping war stories.

We have alot more work to do before we move on the Sowki but it should not be too much longer before we knock on his door.

Michael T.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Good company, good talk, and good food.

More to come...
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Ashikaga Hideoshi

Post by Ashikaga Hideoshi »

If you are going after it in it's lair, good luck. You can expect it to have arranged to have the advantage in 90% of the cases. Where it doesnt have the advantage, the furnishings and terrain will normally be to your disadvantage.

They are intelligent foes, and from the losses I have seen, deserve a respectful approach. (respect their ability to plan and prepare if nothing else - they are good at it)

Just got reminded of an old report. It seems that most of them are adept with illusions, and disguises. They cant hide the fact that they bleed green though.(you would not belive the cleaning bills)
Without an aplication Power is worthless.
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Kolya is the very good planner, too.
Наташа Крылова .:. Natasha Krilova
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Certainly we appreciate the input. The more we know, the better our plans can be. We already have folks working on that.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

I have faced one of the Sowki before, but this one is more intelligent and has a few tricks I did not belive it could have. I am proceding with all caution on this fight. Once we have a plan to go in I am going to show this demon what true magic is.

Michael T.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

I am really looking forward to that, too, and for several reasons - one of which being personal curiosity of seeing a powerful arcanist such as Michael go to work.
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

His library... my god...
Наташа Крылова .:. Natasha Krilova
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Ashikaga Hideoshi wrote:If you are going after it in it's lair, good luck. You can expect it to have arranged to have the advantage in 90% of the cases. Where it doesnt have the advantage, the furnishings and terrain will normally be to your disadvantage...

High Explosives'll clear that right up. 8)
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

I can do that with a few thougths and some P.P.E. One perk of being an Arcanist I can make things go boom with out worring about a routine traffic stop finding grounds for terrorist charges. Not that you can not do a grand job yourself Bert, I do run out of energy reserves. You just need to worry about running out of explosives, and even then it's not hard to brew some nasty things from common chemicals.

Michael T.
Bert_the_Turtle

*Shows off his fancy new badge* I don't really need to worry about being charged with anything anymore :roll:
Crosshair MT

Post by Crosshair MT »

Grrreeeeaaattt, some one gave Bert a badge to be a legally armed with military grade weapons nut. :shock:

Who's bright idea was this again? :P :P

All kidding aside congrats Bert on life as a LEO, hopefully you have soem freedom to move around and help with situations we seem to be getting recently.
There will always be a reason to fear the unknown, fear is a good way to ground yourself in reality, or at least the part of it that leaves you sane. ( Funny term for those of us that deal with the supernatural.)
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Oh your not the only one that does not need to worry about such charges there Bert.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Bert_the_Turtle

I know Crosshair. I'm suspicious of any gov't that would have me for an agent :P
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

No comment...
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Governments are full of maniacs like Bert, and some far scarier...

On a note regarding our operation here. The aerial photographs and maps are ready and have arrived. We can start plotting key features, terrain, and what-not once we get some more intel.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Sorry not to have checked in earlier, I have just finished scrying the Sowki's lair and have a almost certain layout of traps and magic. I need to make a few more runs to double check and make sure they are not moving things around, but later I need food and rest. Stareing into a crystal sphere can cause a lot of headache and strain when being sneaky.

On a side note I need Shadow's paramedic to check my mentoor's body out, I belive a werecat of some kind killed him. And there is more to my mentoor than evenm I knew.

Michael T.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

My part is coming together as well.

If we can get some recon on a few of the buildings, which I can do if necessary, it would make my part a hell of a lot more effective because then I would know if they serve the purpose I think that they do...

Return to “War Stories”