Has any one else seen this Item?

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Kane Morrigan

Post by Kane Morrigan »

I first came across said article several days ago. It was brought to my attention by a fellow researcher looking into possible explaniations for psychic phenomenon.
Some background checking into the article reveiled this website;

http://noosphere.princeton.edu/

I must admit to having some worries about the possibility of this "Global Consciousness" being real.
If such a field does exist, and can effect, and be effected, by the population, then what is to prevent a entity from using it.
Imagine, a being crosses over into our time/space(OTS). By and large such beings need to anchor themselves in an area that still contains the psychic residue of a powerful event. This normally allows us the advantage, although minor, of narrowing down the area where the creature can operate. In short, it likes it's home territory. It may use cultists, pawns, or servants to help expand its range of occupation and knowledge, but it rarely travels beyond a few miles of the location that it claims as home.

Now, suppose such a creature is able to tap into this "Global Consciousness". By being able to do this, is it possible for said creature to incress its range of operation?
For example; suppose the entity uses its followers and has them go out and commit a murder spree along a direct line to the location that it wishes to travel to. By creating a "trail of fear" it might become free of the need to limit itself to a single location and tap into the collective fear along this line. Doing so might then allow it to change locations when it feels that its current location might be in danger. Now imagine that it has done this several times over a large geographic area. Possibly taking either several years, or decades, to accomplish this.
Might it now be possible for the creature to use the subconscious fear that it has created to be able to claim a territory of several hundred square miles? And suppose said being has been cunning or lucky enough to do this for a century or more? Taking only the time to replenish that fear every couple of decades by either commiting, or having others commit, murders or other crimes of a vivid horrible nature.

This could account for those events of similiar natures seperated by both years and locations.
Obviously further research and study will be needed to see if there is any validity to my concerns.
I would enjoy reading the opinions of those who both feel that there is some merit to this theory and, or, that I may be jumping to conclusions.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

That made my brain hurt.

So how do I kill this thing before it maeks a trail of fear?
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Kane Morrigan

Post by Kane Morrigan »

Ron Caliburn wrote:So how do I kill this thing before it maeks a trail of fear?

Currently I know of no way to track down and eliminate any entities untill their actions bring information to light.
This is a problem that both myself and my fellow researchers have been working on. The simple fact is that we all are involved in playing "catch up".
Everyone here uses their own information sources, either media, law enforcement, street people, or other. However, usually by the time these sources bring us any useful information, some damage has already been done by these creatures. It is an unfortunate fact of our quest that insanity, fear, and corpses are normally the first indications that a being has crossed over into OTS.

I've collected information, actually little more then rumors, that under Stalin the old Soviet Union was involved in attempts to create an early warning system for paranormal events. While I am still trying to verify the material that I have, I will say that all such project resulted in the deaths of the psychics involved. In some cases terminated by their own goverment because of "contamination".
Lucas Priest

Post by Lucas Priest »

The Germans did work in this area as well. In fact, the "probability engine" mentioned earlier had it's roots in this area, and is also documented in any base of chaos theory. The sad thing is, with the state the world is in today, we can almost always find an event to match spikes in probablility engines, so as to render the process almost useless. We could use these engines to determine that an event of import might happen, but where? when? involving who? This is what will make the black box interesting, but ulitimately not useful at this time...
The science of any sufficiently advanced society would appear as magic to those less developed...

Return to “Community Outreach”