Friggatriskaidekaphobia

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

The other option is someone wants to move into your area and knows someone is guarding it.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

Ron Caliburn wrote:Most of the stuff I've dealt with in the last few years has been unintellegent, unles you count Ecclesia and the thing I busted up with Koyla last year.

This doesn't fit the style of the energy guys; if they wanted you out of the way, they'd just cap you. Ecclesia fell to your blade, and was doing a pretty good job of being dead even before you blew up his house.

Roger's cult thing bothered to chase you and Kolya, even after you shot it. It might still have a grudge.
Lazlo Field Agent
More Qi! Train Harder!
http://usashaolintemple.org/
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

I still wouldn't put it past something/someone to corral the less intelligent or less powerful supernatural and use them for its own goals. Can you think of a better way to identify resistence than to see who deals with the run of the mill problems?
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Both the necromancer Ron and I fought at the hotel, and the dark druid I fought against in the other thread, were members of the same gang that summoned a Dybbuk against Willie. It could be that they've been trying to get after Ron ever since that hotel incident... Or it could've been that the vamp was trying to scare you, hoping that, in that moment, you'd be just a little stunned by that kind of news, and would slip up...
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Well Big E was apparently some sort of entity hitching a ride in a mortal body, so all we killed was a host, forcing E back to where he came from until he had time to find a new one.

The vampire didn't know about the society, so if his masters (the Dark Druid and Necromancers) did know, they didn't choose to inform him - but the vampire up there did apparently mention my name.

Agreed on the weather manipulators though.

I guess FC managed to deal with them, seeing how light a hurricane season we had.

Scary thought, Ecclesia was able to access the boards before and I haven't heard from Louis or Debunker in a long time . . .
Last edited by Ron Caliburn on Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Well, looking back on this one, I think we know it was that bat-thing Kolya and I fought at Rogers. I encountered it again in the cavern under the asylum.

I hope it's not causing Kolya any grief.
Last edited by Ron Caliburn on Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delta Sierra
Eilonwy Solstice

Friday the Thirteenth yet again . . . stay safe, Ron.

Post by Eilonwy Solstice »

I thought I’d “bump” this thread up again . . . Friday the Thirteenth today, you know. I thought I’d make up something special for Ron’s lunch and take it up to him. I forgot out how driven he could be on these “special” days. He took Hannah back to school and went home early with me at three, and I’ve stayed out of his way for the entire day after that; he’s preparing for the apocolypse to happen tonight, I suspect.
Sometimes the only thing to be done is to feel one’s way through the darkness.
concrete_Angel

Re: Friggatriskaidekaphobia

Post by concrete_Angel »

Hey, I found a quarter in the street today, so I'm not complaining. :D
You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings
You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means

Everything that you feel
Is everything that I feel
So when we dream
We shout....
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

My usual luck held yesterday.

I'm gonna be sore for a while after that one.

Delta Sierra
Eilonwy Solstice

Just a heads up, guys; it’s Friday the Thirteenth again . .

Post by Eilonwy Solstice »

Just a heads up, guys; it’s Friday the Thirteenth again. Ron’s been preparing up a storm about two hours earlier than he normally does—his usual Armageddon arrangements; Hannah was her usual self—happy, and Sarah and I have been doing our own preparations, for today and tomorrow.

But to tell you the truth . . . I’m feeling kind of lucky today.
Sometimes the only thing to be done is to feel one’s way through the darkness.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Well all I can say for the 13th is that I'm going to have to get a new car.

But I think that this was a pretty lucky weekend all things considered.

Delta Sierra
Lord NorDeth

Post by Lord NorDeth »

Wish I could say the same...still have to finish the Dossier on this one, but it's been a rough weekend.
There are things MUCH scarier than that which goes bump in the night. Take me for example...
Joe Smith

Post by Joe Smith »

Ron Caliburn wrote:Well all I can say for the 13th is that I'm going to have to get a new car.

But I think that this was a pretty lucky weekend all things considered.

I can hook you up with a car if you need one. I do build them and do metal fab for a living you know. I am getting lots of wierd requests recently - but they certainly pay well. Just doing a car would be a nice change of pace.
Builder of what you need.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Well after the 2nd Friday the 13th in as many months, it's nice to have something bounce my way.

Now I will admit my car requests might be pretty weird . . . I use my car for field work and in the past my car's have suffered a lot of abuse. Mostly impact related, sometimes involving claws, a few times involving bullets. So it will have to be a pretty rugged frame and the body panelling should hopefully keep most of those sorts of damages from reaching inside where it could hurt those inside.

It should be a fairly large car, I'm not so worried about off-road because I mainly work urban. It is best if we can have bench seating front and rear, enough for me and 6 or 7 friends. Trunks space, well as a Canadian I think you'd appreciate the idea of fitting in about 3 hockey bags worth of kit.

A big heavy vehicle like that will probably mean a pretty large engine - I'm not too concerned about fuel economy, more so on reliability. If you can make it diesel I'd appreciate it. Also, avoid one of those fancy computer controlled jobies if you can, there's too many things out there that interfere with the electronics of a regular engine.

Top end speed isn't quite as big a thing to me as acceleration, control and braking. I know it's going to be a heavy car, but it needs to handle well. I usually have to make some pretty sudden changes of direction or hard stops while travelling at speed.

So with those in mind, I'll let you think about it and tell me what you can do.

I know I probably didn't make it easy on you, so if you don't think you can make it happen it's not an issue.

Last edited by Ron Caliburn on Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delta Sierra
Lord NorDeth

Post by Lord NorDeth »

Mr Smith- You a Northerner?

Hit me in PM with your General whereabouts. Lookin to have some work done on a classic, have some specific mods in mind, and also lookin for some "fun" with the local critters.
There are things MUCH scarier than that which goes bump in the night. Take me for example...
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

So, two Friday the 13ths in as many months have passed without me getting arrested, beaten up or hospitalized.

Maybe it's because I've finally learned there are sometimes more important things to do than to go out looking for trouble every night.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Shit, trouble has no trouble finding me most nights.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Kermode

Post by Kermode »

If you want trouble, I know a few places.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

I don't think anyone here really needs help finding trouble.
Hi! I'm Cynthia and I am my mother's daughter.
Defunct the strings
Of cemetary things
With one flat foot
On the devil's wing
Kermode

Post by Kermode »

Not from what I've seen.