Spring Equinox - 2010 {Update}

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Holister

Spring Equinox - 2010 {Update}

Post by Holister »

Well here it is March 20th, 2010. Another spring equinox is upon us. Much has happened this month, some good, alot bad.

Of course yoa'll know we lost Josh; known to many as KT. He was a good friend to me, and to all of us. He'll be greatly missed. When I heard about how he died, I couldn't believe it. In case ya'll were wondering. It was no accident; Josh was murdered in cold blood.

Sir Typhis Black and those Green World folks were killed too. I reckon they were just collateral damage. CK International was salvaging the Orion 12 oil rig out there in the gulf. God only knows what KT was doing there or why. But I want to get to the bottom of this, and find out who killed him.

Next up we lost Bloodbane. I don't know how, all I know is that after the rescue up here last week Az tailed Bloodbane and they were set upon by demon hounds and their master. Bloodbane didn't survive. From what Azrael told me, it was like Bloodbane just disintergrated before his very eyes. He also says that Deathkiss, that sword of his, came back to him, whatever that meant. Says " she " told him that Gabriel is also dead.

He didn't go into details, mentioned something about a necrophile, or necrophim, or something like that. I hope to have him post more, but he's been more withdrawn than usual since he got hs sword back.....

On another note, Kelly has started her combat training with Azrael and myself. Something about being prepared for the next time she meets up with Marcia. I will leave out the vulgarity. I also am trying to reach Willie or Master Li again to aid in her training.

Sydney Valentine is also helping since she is a blackbelt in Tai Kwon Do and Jujisu, and has been working on perfecting her tea ceremony for the next time Master Li comes back to town.

Carter and Faith are trying to get the Annex back up and running. They had to start basically from scratch from the ground so if anyone has computer programming skills get back to us.

On a positive note Molly has started to show off her abilities to the rest of us this week. Can't be certain if she is a latent or a healer, we'll just have to wait and see.

Well I'll have to get to back to ya'll later. Sheriff stuff.

"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Shang Li

Re: Spring Equinox - 2010 {Update}

Post by Shang Li »

It is Shang Li, Mr. Holister, I am nothing's master nor do I desire mastery over anything or anyone. Shang to my friends in this country, of whom I hope you are one.

I would like to visit soon though, The little lake by your cabin should be becoming a riot of joyous colors as Amaterasu's breath awakens the sleeping wildflowers. It felt surprisingly good to be amongst friends again.

I would also very much love to see Ms. Valentine's sado.

As for training anyone, that is a matter for very cautious deliberation. When you teach someone how to kill, you must also be willing to assume some responsibility for those harmed by what you taught. When refusing to teach someone how to defend themselves when asked, you must also assume some degree of responibilty for harm that your help would have prevented.

Contact me, we'll make arrangements to discuss things more personally.
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

The equinox didn't go so well over here.

Khavik has Hannah.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

How did he get her, from what I have been reading here wasn't she being guarded by like half of the board?

And again Ron if I can help in any way, please let me know.
Let the Darkness fear, the Slayer still walks the night. And nothing shall be safe from my wrath.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Slayer wrote:How did he get her, from what I have been reading here wasn't she being guarded by like half of the board?

Slayer, I'm not exaggerating when I say we had enough firepower to make Rambo say, "Whoah, dude! Overkill much?"

None of it mattered.

They got her.

Goddamn it all to hell anyway.

Oh, we were better prepared this time. And Khavik started out with his usual tricks. First came the fog. Nice of him to warn us he was coming, I thought. Ron hustled Hannah into the panic room along with some protectors. For various reasons, it was better that I remain on the opposite side of the near bomb proof room from Hannah.

Then the buzzing of the insects started. It would have been eerie under any circumstances but in winter it was obviously unnatural. We had DEET among other forms of insect repellents prepared against this contingency. It helped but wasn’t enough to completely turn the insectoid tide rolling in against us.

The pea soup fog and insects made the rats and dogs harder to deal with. Mr. Caliburn started targeting the dogs as were others.

Lucky me, I was on rat detail. They gulped down all the rat poison, died and then were replaced with their cousins, asking for more. Lead poisoning via shotgun pellets did little more to deter the rodent wave.

It seemed to go on all night but my watch assures me that it only lasted thirty minutes, total. About two thirds of the way into the fight is when Hannah was grabbed. I don’t know exactly how as I wasn’t there. Apparently some… thing appeared and grabbed her. It was gone before a response could be mounted.

Then the assault receded.

The house had gone from being brand new to appearing as though it hadn’t been lived in ages. Everything that wasn’t in the panic room was destroyed. I wasn’t bothered by the gear I lost. It wouldn’t be the first time I’ve lost gear only to replace it again quickly.

What hurt the most was the condition Hannah’s birthday presents were in. All of them ruined and yet recognizable as though to mock our efforts to celebrate her 17th year. A happy surprise for her we had planned, all ruined. After all, even Anne Frank in the Annex had her birthday celebrated.

I want to carve the bastards heart out.

Damn it all to hell anyway.

If you wanna help... maybe you can. How fast can you be in DC?
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Well as fortunes would have it I am currently there on some family business. Where can I meet you all?
Let the Darkness fear, the Slayer still walks the night. And nothing shall be safe from my wrath.
Joe Smith

Post by Joe Smith »

I have a cracked clavicle but I will help if anyone needs me.
Builder of what you need.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Ron Caliburn wrote:The equinox didn't go so well over here.

Khavik has Hannah.

{Face to Plams}

Oh for goodness sake, what is he up to now. Please tell us you can find him this time. All the hardware and firepower in the world ain't gonna amount to a hill o'beans if we can't find him or why he took her in the first place.

And this time around; maybe we should finish that blood sucking birthday wrecker off once and for all.

I can'y personally make it, but enough people here are ready to help, just say the word.

Good luck gettin' your daughter back Ron.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Nemesis wrote:
Slayer wrote:How did he get her, from what I have been reading here wasn't she being guarded by like half of the board?

Slayer, I'm not exaggerating when I say we had enough firepower to make Rambo say, "Whoah, dude! Overkill much?"

None of it mattered.

They got her.

Goddamn it all to hell anyway.

Oh, we were better prepared this time. And Khavik started out with his usual tricks. First came the fog. Nice of him to warn us he was coming, I thought. Ron hustled Hannah into the panic room along with some protectors. For various reasons, it was better that I remain on the opposite side of the near bomb proof room from Hannah.

Then the buzzing of the insects started. It would have been eerie under any circumstances but in winter it was obviously unnatural. We had DEET among other forms of insect repellents prepared against this contingency. It helped but wasn’t enough to completely turn the insectoid tide rolling in against us.

The pea soup fog and insects made the rats and dogs harder to deal with. Mr. Caliburn started targeting the dogs as were others.

Lucky me, I was on rat detail. They gulped down all the rat poison, died and then were replaced with their cousins, asking for more. Lead poisoning via shotgun pellets did little more to deter the rodent wave.

It seemed to go on all night but my watch assures me that it only lasted thirty minutes, total. About two thirds of the way into the fight is when Hannah was grabbed. I don’t know exactly how as I wasn’t there. Apparently some… thing appeared and grabbed her. It was gone before a response could be mounted.

Then the assault receded.

The house had gone from being brand new to appearing as though it hadn’t been lived in ages. Everything that wasn’t in the panic room was destroyed. I wasn’t bothered by the gear I lost. It wouldn’t be the first time I’ve lost gear only to replace it again quickly.

What hurt the most was the condition Hannah’s birthday presents were in. All of them ruined and yet recognizable as though to mock our efforts to celebrate her 17th year. A happy surprise for her we had planned, all ruined. After all, even Anne Frank in the Annex had her birthday celebrated.

I want to carve the bastards heart out.

Damn it all to hell anyway.

If you wanna help... maybe you can. How fast can you be in DC?

Not to sound crude or anything, but did any of ya'll think " FLAMETHROWERS ". Just wondering.
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

I feel for your loss Caliburn. I myself owe that vampiric scum some payback, and it is just time he received it.

Now that Deathkiss whole again, we both vowed to avenge the fallen and slay the wicked. That monster KHAVIK falls at the top of that list.

This time there will be no arguement....Khavik dies!

I can be there in two days time, and then the hunt can begin.
"By my hand, they shall know death."
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

It called a meeting for today - pulling it's usual tricks to send its message . . . bloodied locks of hair, severed body parts . . .

It won't get away again.

Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Grace

Post by Grace »

Holister wrote:Not to sound crude or anything, but did any of ya'll think " FLAMETHROWERS ". Just wondering.

Might have something to do with not wanting to torch goverment property bought at the expense of the taxpayers and provided for our use at great risk to his career by Mr. Caliburns friend. As bad as the damage is, it can be repaired. Not so easy when you burn the property to the ground. Kinda defeats the whole point of trying to protect Hannah, as well. Fire is a funny thing, it's not very discriminating. Neither is smoke.

Also, burning buildings attract attention from the fire department and the police. You know, ususally. And a house fire is not something the authorities can ignore for any reason. These things have a tendency to be noticed.

That, and using weapons you're not trained in is dangerous to yourself and your allies.

Just saying.
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Joe Smith wrote:I have a cracked clavicle but I will help if anyone needs me.

Mr. Smith,

You should rest up and get better. There will be fights after this one and someone needs to be around to fight them.
-Oscar Wilde.
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Ron Caliburn wrote:It called a meeting for today - pulling it's usual tricks to send its message . . . bloodied locks of hair, severed body parts . . .

It won't get away again.

Take head Caliburn, you know how devious this treacherous bastard can be for his is a place reserved in the nineth ring of The Pitt.

I would advise against going alone, but this is often how these things are. Use caution, and I would wish you luck, but I have more faith in your strength and your skill Caliburn.

You can count on my strength and steel as well.
"By my hand, they shall know death."
Grace

Post by Grace »

Don't worry. We have Slayer with us now.

We are all but invincible. :D
-Oscar Wilde.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Ok, so has anyone heard from Ronny since last night?
Rain

Post by Rain »

NO!!!
Holister

Post by Holister »

As pleasant as always darlin'.
Joe Smith

Post by Joe Smith »

Looks like i am staying out of this one. I am injured and have lots to catch up on.

My RV is making its way up also. I will have to pick it up in upstate NY on Friday.
Holister

Post by Holister »

You ok there Joe? I never did reckon you were right as rain after you left here.
Joe Smith

Post by Joe Smith »

When that group of werewolves rushed us, one got through when I had to reload and chomped on me. Damn thing shook me like a ragdoll and then threw me accross the room into the wall....right before it started hacking up blood and convulsing.

I don't think it liked eating the energy absorbing gel that it got a mouthful of when it punctured my armor :P It did have a lot of extra fine metallic silver powder in it. I guess it didn't agree with him. :twisted:

I have a cracked shoulder blade, bruised ribs, and I think I hurt something in my shoulder and neck.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Dang Joe. You just seem to take a lickin' and keep on tickin. If I knew you you that bad off I never would of let you leave in the first place.

I'll go talk to Merci and Dr. Grey and see what they can do to you fixed up when you get here.

Return to “Community Outreach”