The Lazlo Annex is Open for Business

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
Cypress Cove Annex

The Lazlo Annex is Open for Business

Post by Cypress Cove Annex »

Hello members of the Lazlo Agency and Society. I am Randolph Carter. A former member who has never found the time to post in person but I have always been an avid supporter of your actions, deeds, and investigations.

I salute you and all those who have fallen in the name of the good fight. This annex has been established in memory of those who have died in the line of duty as it were.

Including the great Victor Lazlo himself.

This annex has also been established to aid those members in need with man power, research, arcane knowledge, fire power, or just to provide a safehaven for those in need of a roof over their heads.

I look foward to working very close to each and every one of you.
I myself am an arcanist of some skill fluent in sevreal old arcane practices including necromancy, demonology, witchcraft, and invocational sorcery, as well as a masters degree in parapsychology and theology.

If I can be of any aid, pleas, don't hesitate to ask. The annex is a non-profit organization that offers it help to any member free of charge. You may reach me here or PM sheriff Holister.
When things go bump in the night, we are the ones who bump back.
Cypress Cove Annex

Re: The Lazlo Annex is Open for Business

Hello Again

I was so eager last evening to share with you all the opening of this annex, that I forgot to mention all those involved in our little neck of the woods.

Take into consideration that Cyress Cove is an unusual town. Like many New England communities, Cypress Cove is full of history and folk lore, as well as more supernatural activity than you would be able to shake a stick at. This will lead to our membership roster as varied.

Of course you know me as I introduced myself last evening. You all also know sheriff Holister and his new wife Kelly by now as well.

Also amongst our members here we have;

Alyda - my fiancee and quite the demonologist.

Ayden Cross - a local deputy who is also a superb medium. He is often in the company of many local spirits including
*William Cross his older brother.
*JP Coltraine a local historian and occultist.

Rourke Utah - Ben's right hand man and an expert tactician and demolitions as well.

Derik Kincaid - This is our computer and technical expert, as well as our top debunker.

Merci Gerrik - Our resident psi-healer and animal expert. Also for our Russian allies, she was a fellow countryman.

Sydney Valentine - Our own resident psi-sensitive and a supurb parapsychologist with a PhD in psychology, sociology, and parapsychology.

Anton Vhalmyr - Our top field investigator. Ex-FBI, top in his field, and unlike most government types, he maintains an open mind.

Faith Landry - My best pupil at Miskatonic University and our top arcane cryptographer. Of all the people I know, she is perhaps even better than I in the area of arcane research and practice.

Well I believe that cover all members of our little family for now. I do hope that we will have the privalage of working very closely with you all in the future.
Holister

Post by Holister »

:shock: Don't you know anything about security protocalls Carter. :shock:

Great to see you have The Annex up and running, but maybe you should reconsider whose names you place on that roster there. You know how Rourke gets about this stuff.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Razor

Post by Razor »

Good to know.

When I get back to Cypress, it seems I have more people to meet, and perhaps might join the team... if there aren't any objections.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Holister

Post by Holister »

It would be good to have someone of your skill on board at the annex Raz. What about Sakura though?
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Its too bad that dad didn't think of sending me to Cypress Cove, I'm sure nobody would believe that Dad would send me to a town he knew a werewolf was in.
I will be who I chose to be.
Cypress Cove Annex

Hannah: I am sure we would have to have had you as our esteemed guest young lady. Always so well mannered. It is very disheartening to read what you and your father are involved in. I hope for the best for the both you, I truly do.

Razor: Your presence here would be well timed if can make it as we seem to have a dilema of our own on our hands.

Registred Members: Someone or something continues to send vague emails with names, dates, and the phrase " We have not forgotten. "

There was the attack on sheriff Holister and his wife Kelly.

There was the break in and theft at my shop in town which for those of you schooled in the arcane arts; a Latin translated Candarian text is something very dangerous in unskilled hands, but is down right leathal in the hands of someone who can wield that type of ancient power.

Why that shewolf stole it is beyond my comprehension. As far as I can tell, she could barely plain English.

To top things off, our resident sensitives have been having strange dreams. Terrifying nightmares to be more precise. From what I can tell someone, or something, has invaded their dreams with nightmares of horrible events. I am no psychic, so I can only deduce the mental fatigue they must be experiencing.

This past weekend the town had a massive power failure. Phones, power, all communication went down. For some reason even the generators and even battery operated devices would not work.

When we finally got power back earlier this morning Derik relaized that someone, or something hacked into our Annex mainframe and downloaded all the data before wiping our database clean.

He is still trying to determine what happened and attempt to reload from back up, but this would not have happened if we just stuck to hard copies in a locked file cabinet.

The number 012607 was left on the monitor. I can only speculate as to its meaning, but looking into GhostSpider's theory it might be a date, the only event that seemed of interest was the date of the Orion 12 oil rig explosion in The Gulf of Mexico.

I wonder.
Razor

Post by Razor »

A few clues to this sound particularly interesting. The other thing that comes to mind with that six digit code is a remote viewing coordinate code system used by the US government, called CRV.

However, the Orion 12 incident, I remember that particularly well, even though I did not get to participate.

As for Sakura, she is a big girl, and generally handles her area all on her own, with some help from her arcanist boyfriend. I'm really little more than a mentor most times, as I'm not usually in the area anymore.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

I don't know where I'm going, but it looks like I'm probably not on my way for a visit right now.
I will be who I chose to be.
Cypress Cove Annex

Has anyone heard from sheriff Holister?

He left here Friday with Rourke and Mr. Vhalmyr and never returned. We are getting quite concerned.

All I know on this matter is that we received another strange email that was in code. Derik attempted to decrypt it. One he did and showed it to Ben, sheriff Holister gathered his gear, men, and left ever so abruptly.

I hope that they are alright.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

Haven't heard a peep.
You guys should really work on your comms equipment, though.
Question everything.
Razor

Post by Razor »

I havent heard anything, but then again, I havent been listening.

Perhaps I should cock an ear to the Ether and see what I come up with?
Cypress Cove Annex

Hello again my esteemed collegues. I am updating you on our current situation.

Ben has called us here to inform us he is in New Orleans to investigate the happenings personally. He appoligizes for the scare but it was, as he said, " A necassary precaution. "

Honestly I think Kelly is going to skin him when he gets back.

We still have had no luck determining the source of the cryptic emails or their true meaning. However, Derik believes that the most recent email was deliberately coded into a four part passworded file consiting of binary code. He believes he can decipher it easy enough now.

I personally loathe computers, nothing like a good book and a warm brandy in front of a roaring fire on a cold winter's night in my opinion. Accusred internet.

Ironic I must use one in order to stay in touch with you all.

I will stay in touch throughout the following days, I would truly like to assist you in your endevors, as would the rest of the annex, but I feel something dark looming over my shoulder. Something sinister.
I dare not turn around for I dare not confront my suspicions yet.

In my dreams I hear the its name......

In my visions I see the abyss....

I can only speculate.
Cypress Cove Annex

I must say that I never opening the Seventh Gate would be so challenging, or as dangerous, but the knowledge I have just acquired is invaluable.

My fears are well founded as I have seen the dark presence that has been shadowing our fair town and this site. However my own fears could not begin to describe what I beheld with my own eyes.

Ben and the others are in great danager and I have no way of warning them.

A dark puppeteer is masterminding a sinister plot. A dire trap that Ben and my collegues are about to stumble into....

I am affraid that because of this presence.....

Jeremiah Dark has returned!!!
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

And you're surprised?
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Cypress Cove Annex

Quite frankly; yes.

After his previous defeat, I thought him gone for good. Only some..
greater power........ could resurrect him?

Hum?

I digress, Holister and his team has fallen off the face of the map. They aren't responding on either his cellphone or radio, their signal GPS is down, and we have no way of reaching them.

I am going to need a team of people I can trust to head to New Orleans and find sheriff Holister and his team. I will provide whatever support I can.

I do hope it is not too late.
Razor

Post by Razor »

Well... shit.
Doctor Boggs

Post by Doctor Boggs »

I shall second Razor's exclamation, shit. But if you can't find enough assistance let me know, I'll lend a hand.
It's 5 o'clock somewhere
Joe Smith

Post by Joe Smith »

If you need a hand, I am almost done here in DC. We have something very interesting in the works!
Builder of what you need.

Return to “Agency Voice”