Offering my services

A place to seek help, or to offer services, dealing with the paranormal.
Reckoner

Re: Offering my services

Post by Reckoner »

I can be in DC by morning if you think you might need backup.
CEO of Dead Reckoning Inc. Have a problem no one else will believe? Contact me and I'll help. To those threatening you: There WILL be a reckoning.
Holister

Post by Holister »

For a better idea of who and what Azrael can do, read a War Stories post by Celeste Darken about two years back.
The guy's about as subtle as a massive cononary, but he gets the job done.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Eilonwy Solstice

Well, Reckoner, welcome. My apologies if I welcomed you bef

Post by Eilonwy Solstice »

Well, Reckoner, welcome. I hope you find what you seek, and I hope the answer’s to your liking.

As for Khavik . . . please don’t hunt him with that kind of attitude. Power doesn’t equal might with him.

But I forget myself. Welcome, and good luck.
Sometimes the only thing to be done is to feel one’s way through the darkness.
Reckoner

Re: Well, Reckoner, welcome. My apologies if I welcomed you bef

Post by Reckoner »

Eilonwy Solstice wrote:Well, Reckoner, welcome. I hope you find what you seek, and I hope the answer’s to your liking.

As for Khavik . . . please don’t hunt him with that kind of attitude. Power doesn’t equal might with him.

But I forget myself. Welcome, and good luck.

Thanks. And I never go into anything foolishly, I know power doesn't equal might. But I also know that if you want to end the plague, you need to hit the carriers. Just a different perspective. :D
CEO of Dead Reckoning Inc. Have a problem no one else will believe? Contact me and I'll help. To those threatening you: There WILL be a reckoning.
Grace

Re: Well, Reckoner, welcome. My apologies if I welcomed you bef

Post by Grace »

Reckoner wrote: But I also know that if you want to end the plague, you need to hit the carriers. Just a different perspective. :D

Hit the carriers?
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Reckoner

Post by Reckoner »

You know, the source. Patient Zero.
Cessiel

Post by Cessiel »

Reckoner wrote:You know, the source. Patient Zero.

There is wisdom to this.
I can help.
Although perhaps not in the way you would want or could imagine.
Reckoner

Post by Reckoner »

Cessiel wrote:

There is wisdom to this.

Thanks! I have a replica of the secret seal ring of King Solomon, I'm not saying that any of his wisdom rubbed off on me, but I try to fight smarter, not harder than I have to.
Cessiel

Post by Cessiel »

Reckoner wrote:Thanks! I have a replica of the secret seal ring of King Solomon, I'm not saying that any of his wisdom rubbed off on me, but I try to fight smarter, not harder than I have to.

Solomon was indeed wise.

He knew it was better to sacrifice the life of a baby rather than listen to two women argue.
I can help.
Although perhaps not in the way you would want or could imagine.
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Greetings sir. Are you the best mercenary for hire upon these boards, or is this merely a boast of puffery.
Knowledge is power!
Grace

Post by Grace »

Of course he's not.

But you may as well hire him as I am currently engaged.
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Reckoner

Post by Reckoner »

Stephen wrote:Greetings sir. Are you the best mercenary for hire upon these boards, or is this merely a boast of puffery.

Hi there. I wouldn't call myself the best anything, I'm just damn good at what I do. Tell me what your situation is and I'll try to help.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

If you mean the vampire that spawned Khavik, according to Wie my dad killed him years ago.

If you mean Khavik himself, please do.
I will be who I chose to be.
Reckoner

Post by Reckoner »

I'm willing to help stop Khavik, but in my experience, there's something else that empowers vampires. Don't tell me you guys don't know about...them? Well, it's possible, there has to be a certain number of vamps just for them to come here, maybe you've never seen one up close. But no, I mean the source. The monster behind the vampires. The thing that makes REALLY big bats.
Doctor Boggs

Post by Doctor Boggs »

Reckoner wrote:I'm willing to help stop Khavik, but in my experience, there's something else that empowers vampires. Don't tell me you guys don't know about...them? Well, it's possible, there has to be a certain number of vamps just for them to come here, maybe you've never seen one up close. But no, I mean the source. The monster behind the vampires. The thing that makes REALLY big bats.

Good lord, you can track and snuff out extradimensional things that have oozed through creation since time immemorial? Whelp, guess I can retire, thank goodness.
It's 5 o'clock somewhere
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

I suspect you will have a job for as long as you wish to work at it, Dr. Boggs.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Doctor Boggs

Post by Doctor Boggs »

Yeah, it's a nice thought though
It's 5 o'clock somewhere
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

I can sympathize, really.

I have put much aside against the proverbial rainy day but I find I am busiest when it rains.

Don't you?
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Reckoner

Post by Reckoner »

Doctor Boggs wrote:Good lord, you can track and snuff out extradimensional things that have oozed through creation since time immemorial? Whelp, guess I can retire, thank goodness.

Well, it's not easy, but if I could get a hold of Khavik, then at least there's a chance I could find it. And it wouldn't be easy, but it's a possibility. I'm not trying to retire anybody, and I'm not spitting in the face of anyone else's experience. And you people have the gall to wonder why Victor Lazlo doesn't talk to any of you anymore.
Doctor Boggs

Post by Doctor Boggs »

Reckoner wrote:
Doctor Boggs wrote:Good lord, you can track and snuff out extradimensional things that have oozed through creation since time immemorial? Whelp, guess I can retire, thank goodness.

Well, it's not easy, but if I could get a hold of Khavik, then at least there's a chance I could find it. And it wouldn't be easy, but it's a possibility. I'm not trying to retire anybody, and I'm not spitting in the face of anyone else's experience. And you people have the gall to wonder why Victor Lazlo doesn't talk to any of you anymore.

Heck it's your thread Reckoner, you don't wanna be critiqued I'll take that for what it's worth and move on, good luck to ya. But I'll tell ya, that appealing to Victor Lazlo technique is old and sad. An inquiring mind includes a healthy dose of skepticism, or maybe that's just gall speaking. :lol:
It's 5 o'clock somewhere
Grace

Post by Grace »

Reckoner wrote:And you people have the gall to wonder why Victor Lazlo doesn't talk to any of you anymore.

Wait, what?

Are you saying that you're talking to him? Face to face or in a chatroom?
-Oscar Wilde.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Something I feel compelled to point out... Please remember, at this time, Khavik can feel pain. The druid worked him over pretty well the last time they met.
Reckoner

Post by Reckoner »

No, I'm not talking to the man, and I understand criticism. But from what I've read of the man, he at least waited until he had all the information before he came to a conclusion. I offer to help, and ask those that need me to PM me and bring me up to speed. How many have? None, Goose egg. I came to help where I can, and plan to do so. But don't ask for help, swarm around like hyenas then never take me up on my offer. it makes you look bad, not me.
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

If you have the power to track the taint to it's otherworldly source, and then to peirce the very fabric of reality to travel to such otherworldly places,and are strong enough to fight a power that provides the sembelence of life to all of the Kyuuketsuki who are born of it -and have a chance to win such a fight. (That is how I read your offer - or are you a politician promising what you cannot deliver?) Then I am very interested in discovering what it is you need from us.

Tracking Khavik: he has been playing people like you for centuries, Mr. Caliburn and others have failed at physical tracking, and myself and others have been unable to locate his particular malignancy.

Capturing Khavik: Those who live to become old are the cautious, this is as true of Khavik's kind as it is our kind. Khavik has escape plans too numerouse to count, Mr. Caliburn and Ms. Darken's fight with him being a prime example.

Holding Khavik: Kyuuketsuki can escape even the tightest of bindings by merely dispersing into the fog, causing manacles to fall from them in a jumbled heap on the ground.

Tracing the energy back to it's source: Those like me as well as those who came before me have been trying to find a way to do just that for many centuries - tell me you have found a way to do this where our rituals and meditations, and spirit walks have failed, I hunger to take my battle to the source of this taint and set my blades to it's flesh.

Traveling to the source: It has been a very great while since I have even heard of the existance of one who can part the mists and step between worlds reliably. Are you the one I have been hoping for for so long? The magus of unparalleled knowledge and power come to open the way?

Fighting one's way to the source: If it is the master and source to all kyuuketsuki to ever be born of it's taint, how many armies of kyuuketsuki will you cut through to reach the ancient evil?

Destroying the source: Accomplish this, and you will have become the object of my veneration as a living Kami, the greatest heroes, even among the gods.

Khavik's last known location was Boston Massachuesetts.

May Amaterasu's warm gaze shine on you and keep you safe from those you hunt.

Although I fear you are determined to find out what "fate worse than death" awaits those who overestimate themselves against the Kuuketsuki, I pray that this time I am mistaken.

As for why Mr. Lazlo does not speak with us, that is most likely because he is not in this world to be found, nor is he in the afterlife to be sought out for guidance.
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
Grace

Post by Grace »

You're an unknown.

And you've said odd things.

Finally, you have lumped everyone into one pile in your criticism. Not everyone has responded to you in the same manner.

For example, when you say things like...

Reckoner wrote:And you people have the gall to wonder why Victor Lazlo doesn't talk to any of you anymore.

It is reasonable to ask about clarification. I will explain by breaking the sentance down for you.

And you people

You are addressing the boards at large. You are also seperating yourself from the rest of us. By saying 'You', the 'Me' is excluded.

have the gall to wonder

The word 'gall' is provocative langauge. It suggests "We" but not "you" are in the wrong to wonder.

why Victor Lazlo doesn't talk to

Here you are refering to a man who is missing. You do not refer to him as missing however. You refer to him as not talking to us. As though this is a choice. There is no reason to assume that a man who is missing would talk to any of us. Unless you have information on the subject that we do not. Therefore, it is here that your language suggests that Victor Lazlo is not in fact missiong, but choosing not to talk to us. And as shown in the previous portion of your statement, it is we (but not you) who are wrong to wonder why this is so.

any of you anymore.

Again the reference to 'you', meaning us. Again setting us apart from you. Further, the 'anymore' reinforces the earlier portion of the sentance regarding Victor Lazlo not speaking to us anymore. This adds emphasis to the implied idea that it is our attitudes that has caused the man not to talk to us as opposed to, oh I don't know, THE MAN BEING MISSING!

So when you make odd, suggestive statements like the above, you should expect someone asking for you to clarify yourself. Which is what I did. Which is the opposite of 'jumping to a conclusion" as it is a querry aimed at addressing a knowledge deficit. IE, an attempt to get all the facts before jumping to a conclusion.

Lumping everyone on the boards together when addressing greivances does not help your case either. There are different individuals here, all responding to things you've said in different ways.

I shall go over those.

Prof Ali: He expresses astonishment over your boast that you specialize in dealing with ancient gods.

Joe Smith: He suggests an advertising slogan.

Holister: Suggests maybe recruiting you to deal with Not Ron and Khavik.
In a later post, he suggests that it should be easy for you.

Kolya: Offers you both encouragement and advice.

Hollister again: Points in the direction of the information you're asking for.

Kolya again: Suggest you contact Technocrat.
He then addresses Holister about something not directly concerning you.

Holister again: Mentioning Azreal may be headed down to DC.

Holister again, again: Laughs at you.

Holister again, again, again: Wishes you luck.

Kolya again: Again suggests you PM Technocrat.

Holister again: Brings up the subject of your god-slaying exploits.

Holister again, again: Spam.

Technocrat: Posts a direct reply to you. Openly states he is not in charge. Asks for someone else to step up (I notice there was a lot of pushing and shoving to be in front).

Kolya: Apologizes to Technocrat for the misunderstanding.

Holister: Mentions Azrael again.

Technocrat: Asks if said person is stable.

Holister: Half answers the question.

Technocrat: Expresses dismay over the 'but'

Holister: Directs the reading audience to read about Azreal.

Wie: Welcomes you to the boards. Also offers words of caution in a well meaning tone.

Me: I ask for clarification about what you are referring to in regards to carriers.

Cessiel: Compliments you on your wisdom.
And then makes a rather strange comment about King Solomon.

Stephen: Asks if you're the best and if you're interested in a job.

Me: In a breif bit of pride, jest that I'm the best but he should consider hiring you anyway.

Hannah: Offers information on Khavik's background. Then encourages you to go after Khavik.

Doctor Boggs: Expresses dismay at your ability to take on some sort of ancient evil.... I confess I don't understand his jargon here. But then he expresses hope that he can retire now that you're here.

Cybermancer: Suggests that the good doctor has job security still.

Doctor Boggs again: Is wistful about the prospect of retirement.

Cybermancer: Offers sympathy and compares positions.

Doctor Boggs again: Responding to you, he suggest that you are not handling criticism well and the he'll move along and not bother you anymore.

Me: Asking for clarification to your statement.

Gabriel: Reminds us that Khavik can feel pain.

*EDIT*

Shang Li: Says a bunch of stuff I don't understand but what I do understand is that he is offering advice on Khavik by pointing out facts. He is also offering an alternate hypothesis as to why Victor Lazlo does not speak here.

I have left out your posts because what I am addressing here is your perception of your welcome here vice what has actually happened.

Some have expressed dismay over claims that you can deal with the powers of dark gods.

Some have welcomed you.

Some have pointed you towards information.

Some have asked for clarification of your statements.

Some have offered support and encouragement.

One offered you a job.

Only Hannah asked you to deal with Khavik.

No one has jumped to conclusions, basing their responses on your statements. Or else they have asked for clarification of those statements.

There have been no swarm of hyena's.

Before you start thinking you've had a less than warm welcome here, I suggest you check out what I went through here and here. And despite what I've done since and what I'm doing right bloody now, I still get flak. I work around it while engaging my detractors in debate.

If you're wondering why I have not taken you up on your offer, I will tell you plainly. You're an unknown quantity. You have not followed up on information offered to you nor apparently a blatant job offer. Instead you have made lofty claims and then ranted when things have not gone your way. Maybe you are what you claim to be but I do not currently have the time nor resources to check into you.

This makes you look bad, not us.

If you wish to be taken seriously, then I would start by adjusting your attitude. Start acknowledging that we are not a single entity but seperate individuals who have all responded to you differently. Clarify your statements without rancor. When people point you to information, follow those leads. When people offer you work, then take it.

But for heavens sake, cut yourself down from the cross. It's unsightly.
-Oscar Wilde.
Technocrat

Post by Technocrat »

Umm.

Not to add fuel to the fire or anything...

But Mr. Reckoner, I did PM you.

Remember?

Here it is again:

Hi.

I'm not in charge by any means but I'll help you out as much as I can.

We have confirmed that Not Ron is in the DC area, current whereabout unknown. Contact was made about two days ago.

There is absolutely no reason to beleive at this time that Khavik is involved. That is only one person's suspicion which has yet to be confirmed. We are not 100% certain what the other entity may be or what their role may be in all of this.

You'll find a lot of people make assumptions on the public boards and some are hot heads. Keep your cool and look for clues among the facts as known.

Most of them are in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1534

Or linked through that thread.

The investigation leader is missing and presumed dead or compromised.

Good luck.
Secrets for sale. Cheap.
Reckoner

Post by Reckoner »

Yes, you PM'ed me, but I can't seem to get into any of the investigations, hunts or anything else going on here. I try, but it's like I don't know the secret handshake here or anything. I want to help, I want to participate, but no one here seems to let me in. I've tried getting here on and off for months, then when I do get here, I'm not allowed to help? I can't join in? I wish someone would tell me what's going on or to leave, at least then I'd know if I'm welcome.
Reckoner

Post by Reckoner »

Okay, let's try this again. I never came here to rub people the wrong way, if I have I'm sorry. I just want to get involved and help, but I can't seem to get in.
Reckoner

Post by Reckoner »

As far as finding things, I get visions of things not only here, but in other dimensions. If I got a hold of someone like Khavik, I could focus on the visions to the source of his power. Once I see it, I have a way of going there and taking others/gear with me. From there, it'll be a small war, but it's in the realm of possibility to destroy whatever it is at its source.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

I would welcome you officially, but I have always been a guest, here. An outsider who does not even seek to get in. Victor Lazlo's teachings are commendable, but for one, I am no longer even of your plane. For two, I am not exactly what you call a "nice guy". For three, I could be considered one of the Night Things that many people here hunt down.

Might I suggest you feel free to look around, and directly contact those who are looking for workers, instead of waiting for the work to come to you. This isn't a criticism against you; it's an honest suggestion.

I might also be interested in hiring you, if you are capable of moving between dimensions, and are also capable of performing a marriage ceremony. It need not be a traditional ceremony, but my lady fair and I do wish to be wed...