The Vision of Victor Lazlo.

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Grace

The Vision of Victor Lazlo.

Post by Grace »

What was it?
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Ron Caliburn

Re: The Vision of Victor Lazlo.

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Lazlo was a researcher a teacher and a prophet.

He researched that which most did not beleive and taught about it to others.

More importantly to those like me, he forsaw the dangers these things may pose and sought to spread a warning so that mankind may protect itself.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Eilonwy Solstice

Victor Lazlo was a pioneer . . .

Post by Eilonwy Solstice »

Victor Lazlo was a pioneer in the field of paranormal research too, Miss Dawes. But he also taught more than just the possibility of the paranormal existing and happening every day. He taught people to question and wonder, to look past the scientific prejudice and social dogma of these days.
Sometimes the only thing to be done is to feel one’s way through the darkness.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Well Miss Dawes,

To be fair to Miss Solstice and Mr. Caliburn, I have asked here "What was his dream?" Not, "What has it become?" Even I can see what it's become which is why I ask what it was.

That having been said,

I listen to myself and I wonder. What will become of myself and those handful of others who have unearthed some of the lost secrets, and do oppose these otherworldly invaders? Are we a threat or an occasional nuisance? Do we make a difference? And if we do make a difference, if our numbers grow and our voices begin to reach the masses, what then? Will any one of these nightspawned obscenities take notice and try to slay us? That is a question which has preyed on my mind quite a lot, lately. Perhaps it is just old age creeping up on me. Slowing me down. Still, I'd feel more secure if there were more of us. Otherwise, we'd be so easy to hunt down and terminate. Hell, would anybody even notice our disappearance?

A diary except, allegedly from Victor Lazlo.

Some pretty intense wording there, if this source is accurate. But pretty in line with what Mr. Caliburn has said, I would think.

If there is a war going on, and I ain't committing to saying there is or not, but who're the players, who can be trusted? What're we fighting against and what're the stakes?
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

That passage (not jsut that part, but the complete section) of Victor's published diaries is very much a part of my beleif in why I do what I do.

There are others here, much more suited to doign research and providing education than I. More power to them and I hope they make those breakthroughs we've been waiting so paitently for.

As for me; I can hunt, I can fight and I can kill. That's what I'm good at.

So I do what I'm best suited for, and hunt down that which hunts us, fight that which fights us and kill that which kills us.

Delta Sierra
Eilonwy Solstice

Many people haven’t heard of Victor Lazlo, Miss Dawes. I wa

Many people haven’t heard of Victor Lazlo, Miss Dawes. I was giving a small, basic outline of what he had done before his untimely disappearance. Nor did I want to repeat what has just been said.
Celeste Darken

Post by Celeste Darken »

I know nothing of this “Victor Lazlo.” But if he believed in us, I shall believe in him.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Miss Darken,

If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by 'us'?

Been reading old threads, you see.

So yeah, there you go.
-Oscar Wilde.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Don't worry about it Nemisis, that's not the real Darken.

I destroyed the real Darken almsot a year and a half ago.

Delta Sierra
Eilonwy Solstice

I believe he had many “visions” . . .

For starters, I believe he had many “visions” he hoped to communicate. I cannot say for certain, because I never knew him, but I think a big portion of his dreams were to get humanity to understand that science cannot solve everything, at least the way we use science today. Nor can it answer all our questions. He was I think, like you, Miss Dawes. That is, he wasn’t afraid to ask the questions people were scared to ask. I imagine he felt satisfaction when someone didn’t just believe without questioning it first. His dream, I would think, was to open humanity’s eyes.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

There is nothing that won't eventually be explained by science.

And for all his rants against conventional science, Lazlo was a pioneer in trying to explain the unknown rationally and without prejuidice. When the supernatural becomes known and therefore part of the natural world, he will be remembered as such.

As for his vision, he wanted to remove the blinders off humanity. Erase the paradigms that keep people vulnerable to the unknown. In essence, he was sounding the alarm and providing a much needed wake up call.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Technocrat

Post by Technocrat »

I have to agree with Cyber on this one (damn, I wish I could have gotten his name!).

Victor Lazlo was a man who wanted to see and to help others see. In his way, he was a true scientist and scholar, looking for the truth without preconception.

Unfortunately, the truth doesn't always set us free. Sometimes the true things in the world are out to enslave us. I think he could have lived a happy enough life if he had said nothing at all or pursued some other field. But after witnessing what was out there, he just had to do what he could to get as many others as possible to see it too.

That is why he is my hero and why I want to be like him.
Secrets for sale. Cheap.
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

I would say that Victor Lazlo set out to answer the questions that modern science cannot currently answer. There is no way to apply the scientific theory to the question, "What happens after you die?"

Likewise, there is no easy way for modern science to explore things that don't fit within established scientific theories, or just ignores them. Lazlo's dream was to explain these things and propose new theories that would support their existence.
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Don't worry about it Nemisis, that's not the real Darken.

I destroyed the real Darken almsot a year and a half ago.

Looks like denial isn't just a river in Egypt.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

She crumbled to ash in my arms. . . . some of that ash is still in my bloodstream.

I still have the stake that impaled her.

I have physical proof of Darken's destruction.

So how are you propose to proove me that she didn't get destroyed?

Delta Sierra
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

And just because you destroyed her, she isn't capable of coming back from the grave.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

She did, that's Eilonwy.

Delta Sierra
Grace

Post by Grace »

Funny how quickly a conversation about Victor Lazlo's dream becomes something else, isn't it?
-Oscar Wilde.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Just making sure you were up on the facts about the imposter,seeing as your new here and all.

Delta Sierra
Grace

Post by Grace »

Ah well then Mr. Caliburn,

From what I have gathered thus far, informing the ignorant is certainly in keeping with Victor Lazlo's vision, isn't it?
-Oscar Wilde.
Eilonwy Solstice

From what I have heard . . .

It is. From what Mr. Mach has said of the man, Victor Lazlo was also very patient when it came to questions . . .
Grace

Post by Grace »

Good.

Because I'm prolly going to have a lot of them. There's only so much you can get by reading old threads. Or Googling.
-Oscar Wilde.
Eilonwy Solstice

Ask away, Nemesis . . .

Ask away, Nemesis; I’ll answer as best I can and direct you to those who know.
Technocrat

Post by Technocrat »

I wonder. What would Victor Lazlo think of his legacy today?

If he were here, what would he say about all of us gathered at the site of his namesake?

I intend, that if he were to come back today, that he would be proud.
Secrets for sale. Cheap.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

I'm sure where ever he is, Victor Lazlo is still a scholar studying the supernatural and a warrior combating what would harm humanity.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Eilonwy Solstice

I cannot speak for him, but . . .

Oh, welcome back, Techno. I hadn’t read this thread for a bit, or I would have replied sooner.

What Dr. Lazlo would think of this site, I can’t imagine; nor can I speak for him. But I hope he would look past some of our more . . . colorful moments, and know that yes, we’re trying our best.
Reckoner

Post by Reckoner »

I've never met the man, but whenever I research various threats or theories, his name pops up. The man sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders, trying to find the truth and keep good people safe from predators. I like his thoughts on P.P.E., they've helped me and others I work with piece together several leads and ideas.

I'm not saying this to stir anything up here, but from what I hear, the man is alive. He's out there, still doing what he always did. Looking for the truth, helping others in need and inspiring others. If he hasn't contacted old friends or allies, it's not without a good reason. Maybe under the circumstances, he simply can't. But he never stopped caring. If you want to honor him, keep searching for the truth, keep fighting the good fight. Not for glory, not for publicity, but because something wicked is out there and needs to be stopped. Perhaps one day people will appreciate the genius of the man when...if things ever go so badly that the things we all fight here in the shadows finally poke their heads out into the light. Maybe there will come a day when everyday people no longer question the existence of the supernatural, but fear it and wish to protect themselves and their loved ones from both the threats they face, and the threat of ignorance against one's foes. Maybe one day his work will be instrumental in separating the legend and lore from fact, and teach many grateful generations afterward the way to deal with it.

Then again, I've always been a bit of an optimistic dreamer, even in the face of all we've seen here. Until a horde of monsters steps out of the shadows and everyone on Earth sees them, we keep fighting and learning, teaching and protecting. I think that's what Victor Lazlo would do. I for one don't think it's a bad idea to try and live up to that.
CEO of Dead Reckoning Inc. Have a problem no one else will believe? Contact me and I'll help. To those threatening you: There WILL be a reckoning.

Return to “Community Outreach”