Back in black... like I wear any other color.

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
Crosshair MT

Back in black... like I wear any other color.

Post by Crosshair MT »

Well after a very long bout of running I am finally able to get back on and post. I have been through hell and then some and escaped mostly intact. I guess the good news is that a big ugly nasty is gone, blasted with enough silver rounds to make a person very happy at the bank.
I have to do some fine tunning on the cybernetic leg, and clean the dust and weapons in my primary bunker. Then the fun of doing so to a dozen other caches. I will post more in the next few days.

Crosshair MT
There will always be a reason to fear the unknown, fear is a good way to ground yourself in reality, or at least the part of it that leaves you sane. ( Funny term for those of us that deal with the supernatural.)
KonThaak

Re: Back in black... like I wear any other color.

Post by KonThaak »

Taking lessons from Bert, are we?

Good to have you back, nonetheless.
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Welcome back man....you were missed. To bad ya' had to come back to all of this....you'll see what I mean once you start reading the more recent posts, :)
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Yeah, the skeptics here are all hostility, no reasoning capacity whatsoever. They're quick to fling insults, and can't take them, themselves. 9_9
Holister

Post by Holister »

They ain't so bad...I mean were just as bad right. Sides I hear that Heather is quite the looker. Deacon can be be a lil rough bout the edges but he can't be all bad. That baron guy though....he's still a prick. Sent me a PM threatening to call child welfare on me. Can you believe that...CHILD F'n WELFARE!!!

I don't like him very much.

Your cool GT....comin to my BBQ and retreat this year. I got steak.

Yeah steak.

:mrgreen:
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Hey Ben, I got a friend in Child Welfare (saved his bacon from a cult a few years ago). If this Baron dude calls them, I'll give him a call and see what we can do.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Ben I also have a few contacts, in Child Wellfare, and Protection Agencies. If Baron actually tries anything, I will also see if I can help shot down any static he sends your way.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Thanks guys. I really appreciate that.
Logan

Post by Logan »

Somehow I think that any evidence of any wrongdoing probably made their way into various "sealed records" along with the bodies of the roswell aliens, the wreckage of their craft, photos of the man on the grassy knoll, the holy grail, Jimmy Hoffa's body, and the frozen carcasses of yeti and sasquatch, along with quite a few of the other things that people know exist but cant find.

:?
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Whatever are you implying there Logan? 8)
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

It was my understanding we pry knew where Hoffa's body is (inside the cement at the stadium in NYC), but being as cement dissolves corpses, that it was impossible to retrieve...
Holister

Post by Holister »

My great grampa worked with Hoffa in the union days back in New York. He actually had a safe where they kept "official business". I even have an old desk where my great grampa and Hoffa sat. Got a photo of it and everything.

When Hoffa disappeared, someone broke int my great grampa's office and blew the safe. Took everything that was inside.

Makes me wonder what was in there.

Hoffa isn't buried at Giant's stadium though. That much was proven. My family believes that " from soures " he was dumped in the the one place no one would ever find the body....the meadowlands swamps.

Then again...we may never know.

RIP great grampa Holt.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

I didn't realize it was proven...?
Holister

Post by Holister »

It was on an episode of Mythbusters man. Gotta watch your Discovery Channel more often. Sides, my great grampa knew somethings. :wink:
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Ahh... See, I don't really watch TV.
Eilonwy Solstice

I won’t hold that against you, Josh . . .

Post by Eilonwy Solstice »

That’s all right . . . neither do I.

I’m sorry . . . I couldn’t pass that one up . . . smiles
Sometimes the only thing to be done is to feel one’s way through the darkness.
Holister

Post by Holister »

And they say I'm from the backwoods.... :lol:
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

:lol: :lol:

WWVLD
Holister

Post by Holister »

Seriously though....you can learn alot from the decent cable stations; Discovery, History Channel, Animal Planet, Home & Garden Network, that channel with the gun shows. Shows like Mythbusters, Smash Lab, and Ghost Hunters are valuable resorce tools in our chosen profeesion.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Well, lemme put it this way... I get up at 6:15, and start getting ready for work. I'm at work by 8:20 or so, after a 45-minute drive to get there. Work starts at 8:30, and it doesn't stop until I'm done delivering the stuff in my truck, and picking up all the pickup stops on my route. I don't usually get home until after 7 at night. Play with the kid, feed him dinner, let Lex sleep, put him to bed, get my own dinner, hit the 'Net for a bit, wake up Lex, feed her, get her out the door to bed, crash.

When am I going to have time to turn on the boob tube to anything useful and informative?
Holister

Post by Holister »

You poor deprived man. :wink: :wink: But you forgot to mention when you go to the bathroom there KT.... :D
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Bathroom...? I know not of what you speak...

Seriously, I squeeze them in as a few mini-breaks throughout the day.

Weekends? Spent catching up with my wife and letting her catch up on sleep lost throughout the week. Also spent doing the "family thing", which doesn't include watching a lot of TV.
Holister

Post by Holister »

You poor poor man...... :cry: At least you have a family. Kudos to you chum.

One day I too will have a family...and Molly will once again have a mother and Duke will have a co-owner to protect....and I will roll over in the early morning to be able to wrap my arm around someone I love.

Um... :shock:

I am digressing again aren't I?

:oops:
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Good luck with that... Hopefully the one you love doesn't work grave-shift while you work days.

EDIT: By the by, I still wouldn't say I'm poor. Not only am I bringing in a fair chunk of change on a weekly basis, and getting hellaciously nice insurance benefits (as well as other benefits), I have a wife I love dearly and who loves me back, I'm blessed with a son and soon a daughter, I have my Internet, my friends, my health, I own my own home, and I'm only 26... I have one helluva jumpstart on life. In all of these respects, I am rich. Not being able to watch TV is, IMHO, a small price to pay for all of this.

I could do with more time spent with my family, though.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Good answer there KT..... :)
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

EDIT: By the by, I still wouldn't say I'm poor. Not only am I bringing in a fair chunk of change on a weekly basis, and getting hellaciously nice insurance benefits (as well as other benefits), I have a wife I love dearly and who loves me back, I'm blessed with a son and soon a daughter, I have my Internet, my friends, my health, I own my own home, and I'm only 26... I have one helluva jumpstart on life. In all of these respects, I am rich. Not being able to watch TV is, IMHO, a small price to pay for all of this.

You know KT, when I hear this, it makes me just a little bit jealous of those of you who don't have a curse that forces you to stay on the move. For all that I sometimes romanticise the wandering swordsman image, I do get lonely alot, especially after Ed and Sarah left. (You know those crazy kids went and got married. Never knew that they felt that way about each other.)

I'm just rambling.

WWVLD
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Someday, man... Either we'll get the curse broken, or we'll find someone who can and will follow you.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Unfortunatly that curse may be intertwined with Karlash, I am not sure as I have never pried into Ghost's personal buissness. I can look into the curse if it is not involving the Rune sword, if it is Ghost already knows what would be involved to remove it.

I would be happy to help Ghost if you need or want it.

Michael T.
Beware the monster within, least it escape and take over your life.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Thanks Michael, but in the 6 years that I've had Karlash, I've come to accept the curse for what it is.

WWVLD
Ethan Skinner

Post by Ethan Skinner »

GhostSpider wrote:Thanks Michael, but in the 6 years that I've had Karlash, I've come to accept the curse for what it is.
A burden?
The flesh is willing, and let's hope the spirit's strong.