Back on Board!!

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Hannah

Back on Board!!

Post by Hannah »

Hi Everyone!!!

I'm sorry I've been gone fer so long, but Pa and my doc decided I should look at any video screens fer a spell ta see if I quit havin' my spells.

They didn't stop, so Pa decided it was okay ta let me use tha computer again - though only on weekends since I'm in school now.

I would have told y'all 'bout this yesterday, but Pa had ta ground me for a day 'cause I got sent home early from school on Friday fer playin' a prank on Christine. She deserved it an' the glue'll wash out of her hair after a few days so I don' see what the fuss and feather was all 'bout, but tha rules is tha rules and I gotta obey 'em when I'm at school.

Though I could tell Pa was tryin' real hard not ta laugh 'bout it.

Anyway, I'm not sure what ta think about school yet. There's so many people there an' I'm not sure what ta do in such a big group. Most of 'em are clsoe ta my age, so It's really neat ta talk ta 'em . . . but most of 'em don't wanna talk ta me. It's 'cause I dress different and talk different than anybody else. It's also 'cause I had one of my spelsl the first day of school. Apparently they have a nick name for me, that's cool, I've never had a nickname before. I just wish it was somethin' better than "The Faintin' Hick."

The teachers are kinda neat, I never met someone who was an expert in English or Math afore. Fer experts they don't know too much. I asked the English teacher what was the longest word in the english language and she just kinda looked at me funny . . . like she found out I was a martian or somethin'.

Anywways, there's a lot of posts aroudn here and I should get ta readin'. If any y'all need me ta pay attention ta a particular post, send me a message and I'll get ta it as soon as I can.

I missed everyone. Hugs ta my friends.

Hannah

PS: Maybe they was upset 'cause of the feathers . . .
I will be who I chose to be.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Hannah, Ron just what exactly happened? If I may ask that is.
Hannah nice to hear from you again. Ok Hannah if you would like Rain, Rose, and a few others would be more than willing to offer any advise, or help in your dealings with School.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

If we lived closer, I'm sure my wife and her sister would help you get some clothes to help you fit in better... I'm sorry to hear people are talking about you like that.

On the other hand, I'm extremely glad to hear from you again. ^_^ Hopefully things get better for you.
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Welcome back Hannah, and congrats on the prank...erm, I mean, shame on you. :wink:
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Shadow,

Christine just got a surprise when she opened her locker, that's all. Wasn't hard ta do. I've got Pa's gift with locks and a tub of glue and some feathers got her back for all the things she said about Michelle.

Christine has hopefully learned her lesson about pickin' on others.

Hi Josh.

Thanks fer the offer, though I don't think I can dress like the other girls . . . I'd be cold all the time or get sunburns in places the sun ain't spoe'sta see. I'd rather dress how I like and get called an idiot than dress like them and be one.

Hi GhostSpider,

Your typin' in blue now. Anyway, I shouldn'ta done it 'cause it was against tha rules, but that Christine is so mean ta people. She thinks 'cause she's a cheerleader an' she has perfect teeth an' she got her chest done for her 16th birthday an' she has a boyfriend in college that she's can tell everyone what's wrong with them. It's not Michelle's fault she can't talk right . . . her jaw's wired shut.

I made sure Michelle was there when Christine opened her locker . . . Michelle was tryin' her best not ta laugh 'cause of the wires in her mouth, but she really 'ppreciated what I did. Michelle's pretty smart . . . though I might be the ony one who knows 'cause nobody but me can understand what she's sayin'. Takin' care of Pa when his jaw was broke paid off.

Hannah

PS: I'm not so sure what makes a cheerleader so important, I mean all they do is wear skirs and dance so they distract the guys. Why are they called cheerleaders anyway? Seem more like Jezebels or Harlots ta me.
Rain

Post by Rain »

Hannah I think we can update your style, and still keep you, and your dad comfortable. Trust me you don't have to dress like the other girls to fit in better.
duamerthrax

Post by duamerthrax »

not commenting about the cheerleaders.

hannah, welcome back. you sound like you're pretty cool already, don't try being like everyone else. i wasn't exactly better for it when i did. people tend to make unfair assumptions about people based on what they look like, what's different about them, or who their friends are, or were. they shopuld really try getting to know you before acting dumb.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

I never said we'd dress her like the other girls... There are styles out there which would be conservative enough to be comfortable for her, without marking her quite so blatantly as being an outsider.

Hannah, aside from the fact that she wears pants (which nobody is forcing you to do), did my wife dress badly? Were the styles of shirts she wore really that tacky? (For the record, Lex tends to like "casual dress"-style clothes; button-up shirts, usually of a nicer material, and if there is a V-cut at all, it's a higher cut with no cleavage showing... She's very self-conscious about stuff like that.)

As for cheerleaders... Not all cheerleaders are brainless dopes, and the drills they go through aren't as easy as they make it look... Just like Ron tends to make monster-hunting look easy (sometimes), it's their job to make their acrobatic antics look easy... Some of them get a big head over how easily they do it, or they get a big head about their appearance, or whatever... That, or some of them just happen to be very physically capable idiots.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Josh,

I guess what Lex wore could be okay . . . I just don't know about the pants . . . I've never had a pair.

Are cheerleaders supposed ta be dumb? I didn't know that. I just thought that Christine think's she's too important.

Hannah

PS: I wonder if I could be a cheerleader . . . I mean really, if Pa can make killin' monsters look easy I should be able to make wha they do look easy too.
Last edited by Hannah on Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
duamerthrax

Post by duamerthrax »

you'd have to wear the uniform, though. it's part of the job, so to speak.
Sophoroto

Post by Sophoroto »

Hi Miss Hannah.

It is good to hearfrom you again.

About the nickname, the next time they call you it just tell them that it is Miss Hick to them. :wink: when they figure out it doesn't bother you they will quit giving you a hard time and you will gain alot of respect in thier eyes.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

You've lived a sheltered life, Soph. In my experience, that was never the case... The bratlings who harassed me through jr. high and HS, when they realized they could no longer push my buttons one way, went out of their way to find another.

We can always hope that such isn't the case for Hannah...
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Yay! Hannah's back! I've missed ya kiddo :)
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

duamerthrax wrote:you'd have to wear the uniform, though. it's part of the job, so to speak.

Hi . . . James right?

If it's a uniform, it's okay 'cause I'm spo'sta be wearin' it. Besides, it still covers more than most of the girl's regular clothes.

Hi Soph and Josh

If I could handle my cousins teasin' me I can handle it from anybody in the school. I only got mad at Christine when she started bein' mean ta Michelle.

Hi Bert!

Thanks for the party!

Hannah

PS: Not that I would become a cheerleader . . . being a vampire hunter would be much better . . . though I don't think Pa will let me.
duamerthrax

Post by duamerthrax »

got it in one, hannah.

nothing's really wrong with being a cheerleader. ever see the movie "buffy the vampire slayer"? maybe you could be both. :D
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

Oh, GOD!! It figures that YOU'D suggest that, J!

Hannah, don't even bother with the cheerleaders. They're usually too absorbed in their own little worlds to give a damn about anyone else. Life isn't some stupid teen drama, after all. And just as a hint, never try discussing the finer points of cheerleaders with any guys. Ask Ei first, she's not too testosterone-laden to function. :lol:
You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings
You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means

Everything that you feel
Is everything that I feel
So when we dream
We shout....
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Eh, not all cheerleaders are like that, but I do know that enough of them are that way to generate the stereotype... My high school had two very different cheerleaders, one was a dwarf, and the other a guy, and they were both decent individuals. The rest of our cheerleaders weren't self-absorbed so much as they were vapid and dense...
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Bonus points to Angel for correctly spelling testosterone.

WWVLD
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

Thank you, GS.
Hannah, just keep proving why they shouldn't mess with you or your friends, and they'll stop.
You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings
You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means

Everything that you feel
Is everything that I feel
So when we dream
We shout....
Sophoroto

Post by Sophoroto »

KonThaak wrote:You've lived a sheltered life, Soph. In my experience, that was never the case... The bratlings who harassed me through jr. high and HS, when they realized they could no longer push my buttons one way, went out of their way to find another.

We can always hope that such isn't the case for Hannah...

If it doesn't work she could always punch them in the nose. Not that I am condoning violence.
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

Something to remember, "The nail that sticks up gets hammered down"
Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.

Shôja hitsumetsu é-sha-jori
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

That isn't really true in American Schools, Kei.

I know it is in many Japanese schools though.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Uncle Kolya says 'hi' and welcomes you back to school.

Since 2004, the first day of school (1 September) always passes slowly for me, and probably for most Russians.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Greydawn

Post by Greydawn »

Miss Hannah, it is good to see you back online again.
There is a time for life and a time for death, Find the balance.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

With the anniversary of Beslan and what not, I would expect so Kolya.

Hope they have cleaned up the last of those scum.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Gang!

I don't think the cheerleadin' thing is for me, it would mean I have to put up with Christine all the time.

This week I saw somethin' really amazin'. This kid, Peter, well I don't know what he did ta tick off all those football players, but they came after him. But this Peter guy was too quick . . . he was somersaulting over guard rails, jumping in and out of windows, he even took a few steps off a wall and jump back over tha head of one.

Anyway I'm startin' ta get inta the swing of things at school the classes and the teachers and what not. Michelle and I have started hangin' around together at lunch. It's nice ta have someone my own age who I can talk ta.

Hannah

PS: Peter kinda smiled at me as he ran by.
Razor

Post by Razor »

I personally had all sorts of hell in middle-school and high school. I -was- the outsider, even though I dressed like them. I was smarter than most of them but had been in a much crappier education system. On top of that I had issues that I hadn't resolved or dealt with, namely my mother's passing, and then on top of that the abuse of my c**t of a step mother.

Then when I got around to my 8th grade year I started taking martial arts really heavily, and first started exploring my other gifts and talents. Toward the middle or later part of my Freshman year I wound up confronting half the varsity football team as someone made a comment that was really screwed up, and well.. I had had enough. I've never heard a high-school hallway go so dead quiet so quick.

Anyway, after that, they pretty much left me alone, and well, after that I actually started having a few more friends. So standing up for yourself, while being your own person or individual is usually a pretty good way to go, though its not the easiest. It probably won't get easier for a while, and I'm almost certain some kind of confrontation will come about, but with a strong mind and will you can probably solve it in a non-violent kind of way.

I do hope that is the case.

But anyway, it sounds like things are smoothing out right now so that's probably a good thing. Take care. Watch out for what friends you do have.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Yeah, hopefully you have experiences more like Razor's and less like mine. My big experience from standing up for myself ended up with my nose getting shattered and Gabe being "born".
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Yeah, well, i'm none to proud of my middle-school, and early high-school years. I was the kid who made other kids lives hell. I was miserable and angry, and wanted everyone else to be just the same. Of course, I was also quite the nerd as well, but for everyones safety, I was never called on it.

This week I saw somethin' really amazin'. This kid, Peter, well I don't know what he did ta tick off all those football players, but they came after him. But this Peter guy was too quick . . . he was somersaulting over guard rails, jumping in and out of windows, he even took a few steps off a wall and jump back over tha head of one.

Hannah goes to school with Jackie Chan. :lol:

WWVLD
Razor

Post by Razor »

Or he could be a free-runner, or just a guy that got into gymnastics at a young age, or even some skater/bmx punk.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.