Interstate 40, Arizona

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
DarKnyht

Interstate 40, Arizona

Post by DarKnyht »

I was making my way through the desert last night, trying to get more distance between me and the creature stalking me, when it happened. The interstate was empty and I had the car pushed as fast as I dared because I knew that exhaustion was nagging at me. When the tire blew out, I barely managed to get the car under control and get stopped on the side of the road.

I started moving fast, each time I had stopped before the creature caught up within minutes and there were no lights nearby to help hold it at bay. I pulled out the emergency light/air compressor I had and plugged it in. It was not much, but at least it was light. The spare was ready to go, and I started trying to change the tire as rapidly as I could.

But as I got halfway done, the lights started flickering and finally went out. The creature had caught up to me.
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

I started to run, I knew it was hopeless but I would be damned if I let the thing get me easy. I grabbed the bag with the book and ran. It was playing with me along the way, slowly taking shots at me and enjoying the fact I could not escape my fate. I think the Voice must have requested my death to be slow.

Eventually, I found I couldn't run anymore and I was about to give up hope when this ordinary teenager walked up to us both. He looked at the demon and simply said, "You time is at an end."

Everything erupted into light followed quickly by a different sort of darkness.
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

When I woke up this morning. I found myself at a roadside motel. The tire was repaired, and my wounds were bandaged. The guy at the desk said that some I paid for my night's stay last night when I came in. I don't remember anything past the light.

What happened?
kalle

Post by kalle »

It is necessary to explore the infraconscious to discover the nature of the photocatalyst of this fugue episode. Did you experience photalgia? Could be entirely psychogenic, however.

Until the time you are hypontised, you can explore the surface clues. The motel has video surveillance to inspect? Anyone witness your arrival to the motel? (how? alone? such questions) Your vehicle's odometer makes sense? And such questions.
в темноте
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

There was little evidence to suggest anything but what the man said. Even the seat of the car was exactly as I left it. It has been a while since I last had an episode like this, but I have been overwhelmed before when faced with extremely powerful supernatural events or beings. The memory lost is something new.

The light came from the stranger, it was like his entire body became nothing but light. It was a light that burned into my mind until it shut down. The stranger thing is that the wounds I had are for the most part healed. It is like they were never there.
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

This afternoon was interesting also. I was visited by two men as I was trying to check out of the place. I am a good long drive from my home and I need to see what remains of it. The knock came as I was getting the last of my stuff together.

"Mister Dreyson, we need to have a word with you," the one on the left said. They were both wearing black suits and gazing at me through dark shades.

"Who are you?" Before the question was out two badges were in my face.

"I am agent Smith and this is Agent Jones, we are with the Department of Homeland Security. We need to talk to you about some activity that you witnessed last night. We believed that you were in contact with a Mr. Wendell Guthrie and we need to find out what you talked to him about."
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

It is necessary to explore the infraconscious to discover the nature of the photocatalyst of this fugue episode. Did you experience photalgia? Could be entirely psychogenic, however.

Huh?

Glad you are okay Knyht.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
kalle

Post by kalle »

I just attempt to assist to find what happened to him.
в темноте
The Dark Voice

Post by The Dark Voice »

I'm not sure what angers me more. That you still live, or that I lost a valuable minion.

You are lucky Darknyht that I can no longer spare the effort to hunt you down. It would be waste of resources anyway. You were a useful pawn though. Thank you. :twisted:
By the hands of you fools, my Master shall be freed.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

DarKnyht wrote:The light came from the stranger, it was like his entire body became nothing but light. It was a light that burned into my mind until it shut down. The stranger thing is that the wounds I had are for the most part healed. It is like they were never there.

My guess is that this kid was, in fact, what some folks call a "Guardian"... You don't exactly see them every day, so I don't have a lot of info on them, but I'll share what I do know, in case I'm right...

They're benevolent beings who seek to help people at all costs, as their name implies. On top of being benevolent, they're creatures of the light, as much so as vampires are creatures of darkness...meaning that, if you believe the stories, they can throw around sunrays and stuff. (Judging by what you've said here, I don't find it too hard to believe... It was that part that made me think of Guardians, in fact.) It's believed very highly possible that they possess at least some degree of precognizance, as it seems that whenever one is in the area when a person is in trouble, they always seem to know about it...or that's the presumption, anyway.

Noone knows where they come from, but considering their benevolent nature and their alignment with light, my guess is that they're a form of angels...perhaps the origin behind the story of "guardian angels".

Wish I could provide more data, but that's all the information I have, as of right now...
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

With that bit of info, I think I've found some After Action Reports mentioning them.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Holister

Post by Holister »

This gy sounds like he can do pretty much the same as my Molly can. I wonder about that?
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Benevolent . . . fine . . . so how would we protect ourselves if one gets the wrong idea?
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Uhhhhh... use darkness?
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

You got a darkness gun? I'm fresh out.

Delta Sierra
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

The only person here I'm worried about winding up on the wrong end of a Guardian's attack would be Gabe...and he already has several backup plans in case things go to shit.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Fine . . . but the line between a crusader agaisnt evil and being evil is far finer than most of us care to admit.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

You can be evil and still hunt evil.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Sometimes it helps.

Delta Sierra
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Geh, all this talk of "evil"...

...Sorry. I'll keep it to myself.

At any rate, there's no record that I can find of any of these guys going rogue... They're likely to jump any creature of darkness at first sighting, and aren't the type to ask questions first, which is why I would worry if Gabriel came across such a being...but it doesn't look like they go after humans to kill them, even when those humans are using force on others.

From the few instances my secondary sources have, it looks like they use just enough force to stop the aggressors, they usually leave them incapacitated for the authorities, they heal the victims, do anything else that needs doing to help them, and then just leave.

So paranormal darkness-based creatures and malevolent paranormals are the only ones who really have anything to fear from them.
kalle

Post by kalle »

The guardian must help as the vampire must feed.

Only worry is the guardian not understands human nature - as many elemental-based creatures (and the several malevolent creatures) do not. I mean, the guardian wants to help, but injures instead.

But the forces of good usually understand what they guard.
в темноте
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

Th eGuardians, are a group of beings who's genetic makeup is 99% human. The 1% difference in pysiology allows them to control light in amazing ways (wonder if the low melanin is a side effect of that difference?)

I have never heard a report of a guardian doing harm to anyone who did not walk the paths of darkness, but we all know how subjective such things are.

If they would focus on the greater evils instead of trying to cure ALL the world's ills, they would be a formidible force - even though their numbers are low.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

So they are human - just shiney?

Delta Sierra
Holister

Post by Holister »

So were most rock stars in The Eighties.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Naw, those were aliens.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

My worry is that we'll find ourselves, at some point, between them and the next Celeste Darken or Bloodbane to come along.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

You make it sound like they will be a common occurance.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

I prepare for the very worst that I can imagine.
kalle

Post by kalle »

I think it impossible to prepare for the very worst. It very subjective anyway.
в темноте
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

To continue where I left off. The two goons did not believe me when I explained I didn't know what the hell they were talking about. They proceeded to show me photos from a gas station where this teenager got out of the car with me the night before. I think it might of been the one that I saw on the side of the road, but the memory is fuzzy. Needless to say, they didn't believe me when I told them I didn't remember that time.

To quote Agent Jones exactly, "Mr. Dreyson, we have been watching you for quite some time and you have been doing some activities that borderline on terrorism. We can bring you up on numerous things such as firing a gun within city limits, trespassing, destruction of private and public property, and you were seen last with people that have mysteriously disappeared. I hope you understand the situation you are in."

While a dozen quips came to mind, I thought better of saying something stupid at this point. And after a moment of silence Agent Jones continued.

"Now, you have two choices. Choice number one is that you can come with us and we can talk about Mr. Wendell Guthrie. Choice number two is that you can be arrested, spend a long time in a cell, and still talk to us about Mr. Wendell Guthrie. Trust me, the second option will be much more uncomfortable for you."