Roll Call

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

I do not go after women non-stop! They're just drawn to me! Ok, well granted, I've had my eye on one but the rest just flock to me. I don't know why, I'm not even that attractive or charismatic. I'm beginning to think C4 is an aphrodesiac.

And that's just the face I show on the Boards. I also like cooking (not that I'm really good at it except for a few recipes), doing Cryptoquips (not that I'm very good at them) and blowing things up isn't my answer to every problem, its just what I'm best at so I dip into that pool more than the others.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

You forgot your gothic poetry in black notebooks.

I am so sad.
I am too sad to cry.
Everything is so bad.
I just want to die.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Deathblaster

Post by Deathblaster »

Don't quit your dayjob, Koyla. :roll:
Deathblaster is coming for you . . .

Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Damnit Kolya! I do not write depressing poetry or poetry in general. Not that there's anything wrong with it.

But here's a Haiku for you.

Granite Head, Drop It.
Russian with a brain of ice
I give you, Kolya
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Deathblaster wrote:Don't quit your dayjob, Koyla. :roll:

I am aware of my limitations ;)
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Bert_the_Turtle wrote:Damnit Kolya! I do not write depressing poetry or poetry in general. Not that there's anything wrong with it.

But here's a Haiku for you.

Granite Head, Drop It.
Russian with a brain of ice
I give you, Kolya

Haiku are difficult to write.

At least good ones are ;)
Sakura

Post by Sakura »

Alright, I've been lurking on the Society boards for a while. Razor gave me the site a year ago, and I've checked on it off and on. I never felt that I needed to announce myself or anything. It's kind of been quiet, and most of the ghost hunting and such I've been doing hasn't really required any outside help. But! Since I found out Razor is heading back to the Amarillo area soon, we've been chatting again. He was bugging and bugging me to join up officially, so ... here I am.

Name: Sakura
Nationality: Japanese-American
Base of Operations: Panhandle of Texas
Languages: English, Japanese, Spanish

I'm not a Sensitive or magically gifted like a lot of others here on the boards. I do seem to be able to make stuff that makes up for it though. Anybody ever seen those goggles from Thirteen Ghosts? I can make those, sorta. Stuff like that I can make, as well as guns and blades that can hit ghosts, and I'm pretty good at tracking them.

Anyway, that's all you get for now, boys... Sorry I haven't introduced myself sooner.
To see a world in a grain of sand,
to see eternity in an instant...
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Hi there.

Glad you joined up. Need more good than bad around here.

Friend of Razor's, then you automagically alright in my book. That is saying something for Razor...

I know exactly what you mean regarding your talents. I have worked with a few that share them. Currently my old friend Sasha is on my team. He is not exactly the same, but pretty close. Been trying to get him to share some of his hunting stories...

Anyway, don't die and stick around here for a while.
Sakura

Post by Sakura »

Yeah... about that. If Raz didn't have so much power, I would have killed him a year ago. I made the mistake of having a shoot-first policy when I was trying to find out about that huge fire we had. I thought he was one of the ones responsible. So... yeah, I drew down on him. Thankfully, he had a shield in place.

I still feel kinda bad about that. Since then though, he's been kind of an advisor off and on. I find my investigation business is doing better because of him. Who knows? I might see if he wants to join my team, or join his team with mine.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

He could be a contractor.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Aa, Sakura-san, douzo yoroshiku!

Gomen-nasai, watashi-wa nihongo-de amari jouzu arimasen. ^^; Hachi-nen-kan benkyou shimashita-ga, san-nen-kan watashi-no sensei-wa...totemo baka deshita. >.>;;; "El gringo accento"-de nihongo-ga hanashimashita; soshite, chuugokugo-wa nihongo-yori mou ii hanashimashita. Sore kara, itsumo "kanji kanji kanji" benkyoushimashita.

Y que no puedo decir en japonés, probablemente yo puedo decirlo en español. ^^; Pero no tengo la fluencia para nada, en español o japonés...o alemán. Necesito practicar mucho. >.>;;

Irasshaimase!/¡Bienvenidos al Lazlo Society!
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

So now that I'm...semi-retiring, I think it's time for a re-introduction... Y'all can still call me KT, if you like; I've gotten rather fond of that particular moniker. ^^

My name is Josh ****. I'm 25 years old, and a druid of the Order of the Moonlit Night. Don't go looking for our order online; our numbers are a resounding-------1 member.

In addition to being a druid of a rather lonesome order, I am also a UPS driver (of the full-time delivery type). I speak Japanese and Spanish with just enough fluency to be minimally conversational, German with barely any fluency at all, and I understand more Latin than I can remember to speak, now. I'm pretty good at tinkering with computers, both hardware and software, but I'm not awesomely insanely good at it or anything; I'm no hacker, and while I can put a computer together from just the component parts, I'm not terribly well-versed in what kinds of parts I should get to construct the best computer.

As a druid, I deal with spirits a lot. I help ease troubled spirits into a more relaxed afterlife (for lack of a better way to explain it), I banish negative energy spirits who either refuse to--or, due to their nature, cannot--be calmed and purified, and I work very closely with a number of spirits, including, thus far, two dragon spirits, two spirits that inhabit the plastic resin bodies of a pair of Asian ball-jointed dolls, and now the spirit of a frustrated Japanese actor who resides in a mask. I also specialize in magics that heal and protect, and I have a very few mental abilities leftover from when I was first dabbling in mysticism; most notably, divination through my runes.

More importantly, I am a husband to a wonderful, beautiful, strong-willed, and talented woman named Alexis. I owe her my life several times over, for saving our butts financially on many numerous occasions, and for keeping me sane when life threatened to send me somewhere other than sanity. I am also the father of Julian, a 5-month-old baby boy who, despite an apparent genetic predisposition to sickness, is wonderfully healthy, much larger than most other babies his age, and is mentally progressing along with his physical progression.

Alexis and I own our own townhouse, on top of all that, and we have good credit and the makings of a great future together.

Not bad, for a 25-year-old.

Anyway, most of y'all already know me... I just...feel like my life is heading in a new direction (even though it's not), so I felt a re-introduction was in order. ^_^
Last edited by KonThaak on Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

KonThaak wrote:Aa, Sakura-san, douzo yoroshiku!

Gomen-nasai, watashi-wa nihongo-de amari jouzu arimasen. ^^; Hachi-nen-kan benkyou shimashita-ga, san-nen-kan watashi-no sensei-wa...totemo baka deshita. >.>;;; "El gringo accento"-de nihongo-ga hanashimashita; soshite, chuugokugo-wa nihongo-yori mou ii hanashimashita. Sore kara, itsumo "kanji kanji kanji" benkyoushimashita.

Y que no puedo decir en japonés, probablemente yo puedo decirlo en español. ^^; Pero no tengo la fluencia para nada, en español o japonés...o alemán. Necesito practicar mucho. >.>;;

Здравствуйте :)
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

KonThaak wrote:So now that I'm...semi-retiring, I think it's time for a re-introduction... Y'all can still call me KT, if you like; I've gotten rather fond of that particular moniker. ^^

My name is Josh. I'm 25 years old, and a druid of the Order of the Moonlit Night. Don't go looking for our order online; our numbers are a resounding-------1 member.

In addition to being a druid of a rather lonesome order, I am also a UPS driver (of the full-time delivery type). I speak Japanese and Spanish with just enough fluency to be minimally conversational, German with barely any fluency at all, and I understand more Latin than I can remember to speak, now. I'm pretty good at tinkering with computers, both hardware and software, but I'm not awesomely insanely good at it or anything; I'm no hacker, and while I can put a computer together from just the component parts, I'm not terribly well-versed in what kinds of parts I should get to construct the best computer.

As a druid, I deal with spirits a lot. I help ease troubled spirits into a more relaxed afterlife (for lack of a better way to explain it), I banish negative energy spirits who either refuse to--or, due to their nature, cannot--be calmed and purified, and I work very closely with a number of spirits, including, thus far, two dragon spirits, two spirits that inhabit the plastic resin bodies of a pair of Asian ball-jointed dolls, and now the spirit of a frustrated Japanese actor who resides in a mask. I also specialize in magics that heal and protect, and I have a very few mental abilities leftover from when I was first dabbling in mysticism; most notably, divination through my runes.

More importantly, I am a husband to a wonderful, beautiful, strong-willed, and talented woman named Alexis. I owe her my life several times over, for saving our butts financially on many numerous occasions, and for keeping me sane when life threatened to send me somewhere other than sanity. I am also the father of Julian, a 5-month-old baby boy who, despite an apparent genetic predisposition to sickness, is wonderfully healthy, much larger than most other babies his age, and is mentally progressing along with his physical progression.

Alexis and I own our own townhouse, on top of all that, and we have good credit and the makings of a great future together.

Not bad, for a 25-year-old.

Anyway, most of y'all already know me... I just...feel like my life is heading in a new direction (even though it's not), so I felt a re-introduction was in order. ^_^

Re-hi, KT :)
Last edited by Kolya on Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Razor

Post by Razor »

Ditto, re-hi KT.

I think the KT thing will probably still stick.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Sakura

Post by Sakura »

KonThaak wrote:Aa, Sakura-san, douzo yoroshiku!

You're funny, KT. But, practice makes perfect.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

I think that Razor is correct.
Razor

Post by Razor »

Of course I am, Cola.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

That is why I took an easy name to write from the start :mrgreen:
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Sakura wrote:You're funny, KT. But, practice makes perfect.

So aside from the fact that I talked about useless things, how badly did I mangle what I said? ^^;
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

KonThaak wrote:
Sakura wrote:You're funny, KT. But, practice makes perfect.

So aside from the fact that I talked about useless things, how badly did I mangle what I said? ^^;

You were understood, which is plenty enough.

Everything else is just gravy.

:)
Sakura

Post by Sakura »

It was like watching a kid with cerebal palzy take a step off the top of a flight of stairs and land on a rollerskate. It was horrible, all the tripping and tumbling, but you couldn't look away!

I'm just playin' KT. Wasn't too bad. My spanish isn't as good as it could be, especially since is more Tex-Mex or Spanglish... that and I tend to stay away from the hispanic community down here, at least in certain parts of the city.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Greetings Sakura, and welcome to the boards. Let me show you around...the oddballs and wierdos are other there, the conspiracy nuts are in room 6,
wanna be bad guys are down in the basement being beaten with rubber hoses, the gun range is in Bert's garage behind his bid wheel (:D) and the normal people like to hand out in the observation deck to watch the ongoing chaos that is Lazlo Society. The board therapist likes to hang out in the break room if you need him.

Welcome to the boards, and do have a nice day.

PS: Bert...don't hit on this one ok. We don't need you scaring her off.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Holister wrote:PS: Bert...don't hit on this one ok. We don't need you scaring her off.

She has a significant other already. We do not need anyone killing Bert ;)
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Sakura wrote:It was like watching a kid with cerebal palzy take a step off the top of a flight of stairs and land on a rollerskate. It was horrible, all the tripping and tumbling, but you couldn't look away!

I'm just playin' KT. Wasn't too bad. My spanish isn't as good as it could be, especially since is more Tex-Mex or Spanglish... that and I tend to stay away from the hispanic community down here, at least in certain parts of the city.

Heh. Thanks.

I understand what you mean about certain parts of the city... I grew up in suburbs around Dallas and Austin.
Razor

Post by Razor »

really then? You should probably know right were San Marcos is, Kon-Tiki.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Officially, I have been to El Paso.

Unofficially, a few more places, but mostly in western Texas over into Southern California.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

San Marcos...? Uhm... Dammit... It sounds familiar.

I think we drove through it when my parents took me down to see the Alamo, when I was a kid... I don't remember anything about it, though, if I'm right. That would've been when I lived in the Austin suburbs...

It's been a LONG time, man.
Sakura

Post by Sakura »

Pshh, Sesame Street Bert over here doesn't scare me. Besides, I hit back. Hard. .... And Bradon's harmless... at least I think he would be, compared to Bert, unless he managed to get some spells off. Then again, bullets are faster.

But I doubt there'd be any need to fight over little japanese school-girl me.

:twisted:
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Kolya wrote:
Holister wrote:PS: Bert...don't hit on this one ok. We don't need you scaring her off.

She has a significant other already. We do not need anyone killing Bert ;)

Told you so :P