Augmented Humans

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

There is a degree of nature involved, too.

Some people are born with it and their dedication gets them to benchpressing Volkswagens, maybe even an armoured Lada.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I would still appreciate somehting that would alow me to give harder knocks than the ones I end up taking. I've spent a lot of time the last few years waiting for ones to knit.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

It's the law of the jungle right now.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

It's always been that.

I just want to feel more like Tarzan and less like Cheetah.

Delta Sierra
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

Ron Caliburn wrote:I've been dedicated for a while and I still ain't benchpresing any volkswagens.

Gimme some time to train you up good and proper -- Shaolin style. If you can free up some time (16 hours a day six days a week) it should take less than twelve ... er, years.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Sure . . . as soon as I figure out that way around the fabric of space and time.

Delta Sierra
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

That's the problem we're all coming face to face with... Even if I wasn't hunting the paranormal, I have a family, and can't dedicate all my waking time for most of my week to training like that until my first kid's into junior high.
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

That's why I don't have kids or a family.
DroopyDawg

Post by DroopyDawg »

I did. :cry:

Droopy
I am not so much bothered by what I perceive, as by what my mind tells me about what I perceive.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

DD, we'll find the beast.

Delta Sierra
DroopyDawg

Post by DroopyDawg »

I just wish that there was more to do than wait for him to pop up again. For me at least. I feel the need to do something and I swear there is nothing to do. :x

Of course this often passes and I just get depressed again.

Droopy
I am not so much bothered by what I perceive, as by what my mind tells me about what I perceive.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

When I lost everything, back when I left the compound, I went through times where I wanted to storm back there and gun down all who got in my way. I also went through times when I would spend days in bed, weeping.

For a while I found a solution . . . the drink let me vent the anger and forget the pain.

It also drove me to lie and cheat and steal. It took me to the edge of becoming a murderer.

I spent some time ina an institution, where I came to grips with some awful truths.

It was time that helped me - though I can't say that it has cured me. I still feer the anger and the dispair knowing that so many people dear to me are so far from me, but I have put a new life together.

When time has had it's way, you will too.

Delta Sierra
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Yeah, and we'll be here to help you...both when the time comes, and every step along the way.

Hey, George, do you have an address I can send some things via UPS? I've got a care package for you.
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Shang Li

Re: Augmented Humans

Post by Shang Li »

There are alchemical formulae that promise great strength, others that offer great speed, still more for the rapid healing of wounds, and no small number that claim to offer a shortcut to immortality.

The ingredients are always rare and costly, they are also normally highly toxic untill properly treated (much like my own beladonna teas). Beware the draughts of the alchemist - you will notice that he approaches others offering his potions and aid rather than taking them himself.

A single grain too much or too little of any one of the many ingredients, the proportions of which change by size, weight, and chi of the subject, and instead of an elixer with a wonderous effect you get an uncontrolled effect with many undesired side effects.
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

[Robyn]

Cybermancer has encountered augmented humans. In fact, his earliest posts were about one such person. In this instance, the subject was the result of a centuries long eugenics project specifically aimed at combating superior opponents. The last couple of generations were further enhanced with genetic tweaking. The results were impressive although the organization responsible has since been neutralized.

The case discussed in this thread initially sounds as though the enhancement was accomplished through chemical augmentation. Science has really just scratched the surface of what might ultimately be possible. Although there is always a price to be paid.

Legends and myths speak of potions and elixirs imbided by heroes and villians alike that granted great powers to their recipients. Perhaps something similar is going on here.

There are also spells that grant humans enhanced abilities. Perhaps this mage was using ritualized concoctions to achieve the desired augmentations.

Perhaps this is case of modern science meeting ancient myth.

Only direct laboratory and alchemcial analysis can tell for certain.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Bearshaman

Post by Bearshaman »

So basically we are dealing with people who are hyped up on chemicals or potions of some kind that accellerate the human body to superhuman performance levels, but in long run burn the body out?

Sounds scary. Not just to you guys, but think about it if they decided to use guns instead of knives. Accuracy from a fully automatic rifle would probably be increased as their reflexes would compensate for the kickback, they could handle larger weapons, such as LAW rockets single handedly. Give them blades and they are hard to beat. Give them pistols and they are probably next to impossible to beat. :shock:
Somethings man was not meant to know..others man doesn't want to know.