Looking for Bio-engineering laboratory

A place to seek help, or to offer services, dealing with the paranormal.
Cyanide

Looking for Bio-engineering laboratory

Post by Cyanide »

Hi, I'm Cyanide, and I'm looking for a bio-engineering laboratory to do some research and experimenting in, in turn I can offer my free time to helping with whatever projects need to be done. Neutral party here so whoever wants the help, ask. All I ask is time and useage in the laboratory.
Byò⌐
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

...?!?

What *kind* of bioengineering lab are we talking about? What kind of experimentation are you planning?
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Razor

Post by Razor »

He wants to perfect some bio-tech related explosives, I would guess. He's been very um... shifty about it, of late.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

I have the facilities, but would of course need access to the research notes before hand. With the expence of getting all the materiel to perform this kind of research, and the shady nature of some of the people who "dabble" in the field, I assume this will not be a problem. No virii wil be produced, nor any other single celled, asexual organisms, just to much risk in case of a containment failure, not quite up to class four biohazard work here yet anyway.
Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.

Shôja hitsumetsu é-sha-jori
Razor

Post by Razor »

No, Cyanide doesn't do viral work. He might do some personal genetic engineering, but I think he's looking to perfect his biomolecular explosives he makes from his super-charged metabolism. I think he has to go through a bucket of lard a week or somethign like that to keep from having his body burn through all of his muscle tissues and such.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Cyanide

Post by Cyanide »

*clears throat* I don't care who knows this project, so anyone who can read can know. I am creating a bacterial creature that gives off light and reproduces from the light it gives off. I have discovered a way to make a cell in mitosis choose whether it wants to have a cellular membrane and cytoplasm, or a cellular membrane, a cell wall, and chlorophyll. It starts off as dormant tissue that is charged with a metabolically enhanced substance that holds enough for the chlorophyll to be made if chosen, or the cytoplasm... So therefore, if a bacteria split up and made a normal cell that gives off light, and a plant cell that takes in light and reproduces more light intaking cells, and more light giving cells.

Once started, it stays contained to how much it can produce light wise without beginning to kill off itself from the heat that is absorbed after such long exposure to the rays of light.

It balances itself out at about .01 ounces that makes up one unit of this bacteria. More units can be combined but will not attach and the slightly different wave lengths that it produces with each unit (up to 7 different frequencies, so 7 different units) Making a natural form of light that can be mounted in a dart that delivers it into vamps and other light hating creatures and instantly wipes out an area around .... well um now i'm babbling... This is all hypothetical..
Byò⌐
Razor

Post by Razor »

Oh that project. I still don't think it's going to work. Not unless these cultures can reproduce sunlight. Vampires are bound by laws of magic, not science. Sunlight is a representation of warmth, purity, light, life, and positive energy. It is a life-force all its own as it helps sustain planets and the people there in. Same goes for Silver, as it is a representation of the moon, purity, hard work, and of part of the flow of life.

These same things go for fire, and water. Garlic has been used to help prolong life, and treat wounds for centuries. It is often called Russian Penicillin. As for the Wolf's Bane? I have no idea.

If you want to try it though, I heard of a bio-engineer a month or so ago that has been working on communal behaviors in bacteria cultures. There is one such strain she has been working on that is non-hostile and non-virulent, pretty muchly perfectly safe that when the bacteria get together in sufficient numbers they begin to produce light. They can light up a darkened room fairly decently. So you might try that method first.
Cyanide

Post by Cyanide »

She stole my idea :shock: Where's my sledge hammer?!

Um actually this culture should work, it works off the same basic principles. If not, then a slightly bigger molecule, a fungi can be used for sure with my idea. but with bigger problems, like how much will it make of itself.
Byò⌐
Razor

Post by Razor »

"You know that Cyanide is really a fun guy, he really tends to grow on you!"
Cyanide

Post by Cyanide »

Yeah I grow like a virus.
Byò⌐
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Razor wrote:Oh that project. I still don't think it's going to work. Not unless these cultures can reproduce sunlight. Vampires are bound by laws of magic, not science.

One and the same.

Sunlight is a representation of warmth, purity, light, life, and positive energy. It is a life-force all its own as it helps sustain planets and the people there in.

It also contains Vitamin D, UV rays, IR rays, other minor radioactive rays, and can be felt by those on the astral plane. It might just be that vampires are burned by sunlight because of any or all of those things.

Same goes for Silver, as it is a representation of the moon, purity, hard work, and of part of the flow of life.

I don't know enough about the chemistry of silver, but I do know that it does react differently to magical energies than most other metals do. Copper and gold do, too, but in different ways.

These same things go for fire, and water. Garlic has been used to help prolong life, and treat wounds for centuries. It is often called Russian Penicillin. As for the Wolf's Bane? I have no idea.

Wolfsbane is highly toxic. It's poisonous to pretty much everything, so it shouldn't be TOO much of a surprise that it's deadly to lycanthropes, too.

I wonder what would happen if we could artificially stimulate a pulse in a vampire after filling the sucker's veins with a good amount of the stuff... =P

Cyanide: That's not too bad of an idea. Let me know when you're ready for the field-testing; I'll volunteer for the backup. I have NO idea if it'll work or not, so I think you should have at least one experienced hunter with the two of us...just in case.
Cyanide

Post by Cyanide »

10-4 on that Kon! The second I get it made, we can all go a huntin'! hahaha
Byò⌐
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

Interesting, but I really do think that a controlled environment would be best.

bert may have a suitable bunker, one that was designed as a fallout shelter, with that for a start, and a thourough going over of the original microbes (wouldn't want to overlook anything that may lead to a containment breach after all) I should be able to provide enough equipment and expertise to turn the place into a proper class four bio-research facility.

I have found that against such creatures, a cocktail that is 80% colloidal silver in a liquid solution works wonders. (The most dramatic effects were when I used human blood as the liquid to suspend the solution, I suppose that is likely due to the absorption speed)

Another interesting project included tracking down the chemichal triggers to cause cellular mitochondria to either A. run nonstop untill all fuel is expended, or B. cease functioning entirely. Less than effective against the dead and undead, but the results on some of the subjects of both tests was shall we say "interesting".

Cyanide

Post by Cyanide »

Well a containment field will be needed anyway, a sterile one at that. That way no outside interference can change the variables of my equations.
Byò⌐
Malakai

Post by Malakai »

Kei Nakamura wrote:Interesting, but I really do think that a controlled environment would be best.

bert may have a suitable bunker, one that was designed as a fallout shelter, with that for a start, and a thourough going over of the original microbes (wouldn't want to overlook anything that may lead to a containment breach after all) I should be able to provide enough equipment and expertise to turn the place into a proper class four bio-research facility.

I have found that against such creatures, a cocktail that is 80% colloidal silver in a liquid solution works wonders. (The most dramatic effects were when I used human blood as the liquid to suspend the solution, I suppose that is likely due to the absorption speed)

Another interesting project included tracking down the chemichal triggers to cause cellular mitochondria to either A. run nonstop untill all fuel is expended, or B. cease functioning entirely. Less than effective against the dead and undead, but the results on some of the subjects of both tests was shall we say "interesting".
Sounds like torture to me. Did your test subjects give you permission to perform on them? Hmm, and some call me a monster.Kettle/Black
Are you prepared to dance with the devil in the pale moonlight? :twisted:
солдат дьявола
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Others would see it as a twisted form of justice, as monsters such as those often do far worse to their victims.

Myself, I think I'm with Ron... I want them dead, in the most efficient way possible. If the original topic of this thread means finding another new, inexpensive, and safe method of extermination, I'm all for it.
Malakai

Post by Malakai »

So then perhaps the "monsters" you and your ilk hunt should find more effective ways of killing you?

That dwarf I have read about had the right idea with biological warfare. Now if one could say bring a nuke to the atral plane.....
солдат дьявола
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

The only thing you seem to know how to destroy is your own reputation.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Koralth

Post by Koralth »

The monsters I have attempted to help in bringing down have been more than effective at killing people who were guilty of nothing more than living their lives. If you're looking to earn our pity for your freakish entourage, you're looking in the wrong place.
"God, I know you say you love all of your children equally, but you don't, do ya? I'm on to you, big guy." Dr. Percival Cox
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

He's been reading his latest manual: "How to Piss Off Friends and Irritate People"
You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings
You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means

Everything that you feel
Is everything that I feel
So when we dream
We shout....
Koralth

Post by Koralth »

Too bad he's only able to make use of half of that title.
"God, I know you say you love all of your children equally, but you don't, do ya? I'm on to you, big guy." Dr. Percival Cox
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Yes, but he is putting that half to excellent use.

WWVLD
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

No, he's just so advanced, he's got to hunt down people just for his own annoyment.
You traded in your wings
You never left me
You never let me

Everything that you feel
So when we dream
We shout....
Malakai

Post by Malakai »

Koralth wrote: The monsters I have attempted to help in bringing down have been more than effective at killing people who were guilty of nothing more than living their lives. If you're looking to earn our pity for your freakish entourage, you're looking in the wrong place.
Watch your mouth cop. Some incriminating info might find its way to your commanders in that lovely little town of yours. Or maybe go even higher.
солдат дьявола
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

So he's going to give evidence against himself. Isn't that something you can plead the 5th for?

WWVLD
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

What are you going to do, say he arrested the boogeyman without reading him his miranda rights? Claim police brutality against werewolves? No, even better- a wrongful death claim on behalf of Baba Yaga.
You traded in your wings
You never left me
You never let me

Everything that you feel
So when we dream
We shout....
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

Ahh, Baba Yaga, been looking for her for quite a while now.

As for my research subjects, proove that I have mistreated or abused any subject under my care and then take that information to the athourities.

You cant make an omlet without breaking a few eggs you know.

Logos

Post by Logos »

Alright, Concrete? I appreciate the sentiment, but seriously... Don't sic rabid freaks on my boyfriend! Who knows what he plans on doing to Koralth, if anything, but simply not knowing what's going on is no reason to provoke attack, especially on a third party.
Put everything into what you're doing, use everything you've got, or I'm afraid you won't live to regret it.
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

WTF?? What did I do? And why would I want anyone to attack Koralth?
You traded in your wings
You never left me
You never let me

Everything that you feel
So when we dream
We shout....
Malakai

Post by Malakai »

concrete_Angel wrote:WTF?? What did I do? And why would I want anyone to attack Koralth?
Angel, I mentioned to you that I owe you one for making me laugh. I meant that promise. Care for to take this woman out? Permanently!
солдат дьявола