The First Two Memorials Are Complete

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
Bert_the_Turtle

The First Two Memorials Are Complete

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

The Memorials I started construction on last year are complete, the first two anyway.

The one to Shang Li is at the closest point on land to where he died, at the top of a cliff. The one commemorating Cee's passing is located in the Cathedral. I worked something out with the Parish to buy a little of their square footage.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

That's good news Bert.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

One of the real dangers is that our war will go unnoticed until it becomes the war of the whole world. If people notice these things and ask some questions, they might just become a prt of all this.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Eilonwy Solstice

Re: The First Two Memorials Are Complete

Post by Eilonwy Solstice »

Bert_the_Turtle wrote:The Memorials I started construction on last year are complete, the first two anyway.

The one to Shang Li is at the closest point on land to where he died, at the top of a cliff. The one commemorating Cee's passing is located in the Cathedral. I worked something out with the Parish to buy a little of their square footage.

Bert . . . I . . . thanks. (I’m blushing) But um . . . why Cee? I mean, I understand the memorial for Shang, but one for Cee is . . . well . . . .
Sometimes the only thing to be done is to feel one’s way through the darkness.
Sophoroto

Post by Sophoroto »

Eilonwy Solstice wrote:
Bert_the_Turtle wrote:The Memorials I started construction on last year are complete, the first two anyway.

Bert . . . I . . . thanks. (I’m blushing) But um . . . why Cee? I mean, I understand the memorial for Shang, but one for Cee is . . . well . . . .

Because she was a great friend and hunter and with out her help many would have died or been inslaved by the darkness, besides with out her death we would not have you.
Eilonwy Solstice

Sophoroto wrote:
Eilonwy Solstice wrote:

Because she was a great friend and hunter and with out her help many would have died or been inslaved by the darkness, besides with out her death we would not have you.

Well, I suppose. Still . . . it feels odd and creepy, in a way . . . .
Sophoroto

Post by Sophoroto »

Miss Solstice, remember you are not Miss Darken, you are Miss Solstice. Yes you carry her memories and such, but they are just that hers. Look at it this way if it helps you, her memories were imparted to you from her to help keep you safe and to protect you from the darkness that is slowly inveloping this world. There for she was your friend and wanted to keep you safe.
Is that a good enough reason for a memorial to her? :wink:
Bert_the_Turtle

As you were very fond of saying, Eilonwy, you aren't Cee. Cee is dead. You are alive.

She deserves to be honored and remembered too.
Eilonwy Solstice

Bert_the_Turtle wrote:As you were very fond of saying, Eilonwy, you aren't Cee. Cee is dead. You are alive.

She deserves to be honored and remembered too.

Indeed. But I still carry her memories. Forgive me if I’m still a little uncomfortable with the idea that a statue of my . . . former self has been erected, though.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Well then, what would Darken have wanted?

Delta Sierra
Sophoroto

Post by Sophoroto »

Ron Caliburn wrote:Well then, what would Darken have wanted?

From everything I heard, I am just guessing, it wouldn't be a mamorial to her but perhaps a center to keep others from ending up like her.
Eilonwy Solstice

Ron Caliburn wrote:Well then, what would Darken have wanted?

Actually, I’m rather embarrassed by what she might have done . . . she was never one for “fanfare.” May I leave it at that?
Koralth

Post by Koralth »

Though she isn't the same person as Ms. Darken, Ms. Solstice still holds all of the memories Celeste had. Even if she herself does not choose to act upon them, it is my understanding that she holds Cee's memories, ideals, and everything else the deceased vampire once had, correct? Therefore, I think it should be completely up to her what happens - I think the biggest question is if she's comfortable with the monument remaining as is, or would she prefer it to be modified in some fashion? Ultimately, legally speaking, ownership of said monument must go to Bert, but morally, shouldn't the decision of the fate of the monument go to the one closest to the deceased party?

There is also another question, one I don't think I've heard the answer of - Does Eilonwy look like Celeste, physically, barring the absence of eyes and extra long canines? If so, then legally, it's my understanding that depending on the nature of said monument, if it is made in the likeness of Celeste (and possibly therefore in the likeness of Eilonwy), it could go to an issue of consent. The use of her visage has almost clearly not been consented to, and therefore, there is a breach in legal process, unintentionally made by Bert.

I am interested to find out more details on things I wasn't clear about, so - nature of the monument, and does Eilonwy look like Celeste once did (or vise versa?)

I in NO way am suggesting lawsuit be made by any party. As a matter of fact, I hope that legal action is not taken, and that this can be settled comfortably and easily without any further conflict. What I'm doing here is adding another standpoint, use it or leave it, I'll leave that up to you.

Logos thinks I should have been a lawyer... I'm not entirely sure I agree, simply spouting off law can be so boring!
"God, I know you say you love all of your children equally, but you don't, do ya? I'm on to you, big guy." Dr. Percival Cox
Eilonwy Solstice

That’s an interesting point, Zack. But I don’t think I’d want to try for a lawsuit in any case . . . Bert has been a dear friend, and I wouldn’t want to break that over a simple misunderstanding.

And . . . just out of curiosity . . . do I look anything like Celeste?
Sophoroto

Post by Sophoroto »

Eilonwy Solstice wrote:That’s an interesting point, Zack. But I don’t think I’d want to try for a lawsuit in any case . . . Bert has been a dear friend, and I wouldn’t want to break that over a simple misunderstanding.

And . . . just out of curiosity . . . do I look anything like Celeste?

That would be aquestion for Mr. Turtle,or Mr. Caliburn.
Bert_the_Turtle

Its just a plaque on the wall. Geeze, you people are getting wild.
Logos

Post by Logos »

I swear, I don't think Kor can help himself sometimes... :? :lol:
Put everything into what you're doing, use everything you've got, or I'm afraid you won't live to regret it.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Ok one comment Eilonwy does look like Cee. Thou there are other differances besides her eyes, and teeth. That in there own way are pretty major.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I only saw darken in good lighting only once . . . so I can't really comment on how much they resemble one another.

Delta Sierra
Cameron Thorne

Post by Cameron Thorne »

Let me attempt to concieve this right? You wish to errect, or have already errected, a tributary shrine to a vampire who masacred her own family. Why not build a memorial to Dhamer, Manson, and Gasey while you are at it.
Sometimes the truth is more horrific than the lie.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

While this may be true of Darken, she also strove very hard to make herself a force to protect the innocent after being freed from the master vampire that created her. I belive her actions spoke well of her and she deserves as much reconition as any other hunter who has fallen in the line of the war we face. I can vouch for her having a soul that was as human as the next person, I also know she put herself in danger many times to protect others.
The difference between Darken and the humans you have named is she had no control over herself when she did those acts, after her freedom was gained she made damn sure to avoid any acts like she was made to preform under her master/sire. I will not argue your beliefs Thorne, I will ask that you respect the thought that is being put into these memorials. As Darken is now deceased there is nothing more to argue or get angery over. The plaque is a sign of respect from some one who does not want the good done by her forgotten.

Michael T.
Last edited by Michael T on Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beware the monster within, least it escape and take over your life.
Bert_the_Turtle

No, I erected a memorial to a friend and comrade who was taken from us too soon by an evil fuck who should be dust right now.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Let me attempt to concieve this right? You wish to errect, or have already errected, a tributary shrine to a vampire who masacred her own family. Why not build a memorial to Dhamer, Manson, and Gasey while you are at it.

Hey buddy, why don't you make introductions before you start spouting out your viewpoint.

WWVLD
Sophoroto

Post by Sophoroto »

Um, sir I have to agree with Mr. GhostSpider on this one who are you?

Would you kindly refrain from speaking about Miss Darken as if she were evil for you obviously don't know what the hell your talking about.

Crap got to call Mr. Frankland again.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

GhostSpider wrote:Hey buddy, why don't you make introductions before you start spouting out your viewpoint.

Never been a prerequsite around here, just a courtesy.

Interesting typeface our new poster uses.

Delta Sierra
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Interesting? Try creepy. It reminds me too much of Jeremiah. That brings back way too many memories.

WWVLD
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Red italics were a trademark of Darken.

Delta Sierra
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Also of Jeremiah and Dele Morte.

WWVLD
Sophoroto

Post by Sophoroto »

Jeremiah Dark wrote:"YOU'RE DEAD HOLISTER! You hear me, YOU'RE DEAD!!!

You have a death wish don't you. I was to save your ass for later, but FUCK THAT!!!

Screw Dym, screw the pig and his whore, I AM COMING FOR YOU HOLISTER!!!

YOU HEAR ME!!!

I am gonna kill you slow just to watch you die in fucking agony...

YOU ARE DEAD!!!

Looks the same to me.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Different Red Dark uses the Dark Red font, Darken just used red.

Delta Sierra

Return to “Agency Voice”