Looking for volunteers - again

A place to seek help, or to offer services, dealing with the paranormal.
Kei Nakamura

Looking for volunteers - again

Post by Kei Nakamura »

I would like to start by thanking those of you who have helped me in my research and studies.

With happeningss back home, I have turned my attention to a more physical pursuit. I would like to request assistance in furthering my combat skills, I have taken an intense study of a great deal of footage gathered in my other research (I began my research in the supernatural by trying to find the science behind much of the "mystical" effects of the martial arts).

I believe that I may have developed a series of techniques that should enable me to combat an opponent regardless of the amount or nature of their strength, the killing blows show a high degree of tissue disruption in cadevers, but those are not what I want assistance with. During my stay at a few of the temples here in Japan as a young researcher, I became fascinated with Aikido and Judo - primarily in the way they use an opponents force against them in exact proportion to the force applied to the attack. I was hoping to be able to do some on camera training with some of the societies more combative members.

Thank you all for your assistance as my mind and interests wander from subject to subject and place to place. (a big part of why I keep such a precice archive of my research. - Michael, now that the network is configured, i will begin an upload of my archive to the distributed network in your clinic, so that my archives are more accessable to those who may best put the research to use)
Razor

Post by Razor »

Miss Kei,

I know I haven't been as vocal or visible in the ranks of the Society of late, but I would be willing to take you up on your offer. If for no other reason than to get me out of my current situation for a short while.

I have studied Aikido, aikijutsu, and a few other grappling arts. If you would like I can help you. I would also like to review the techniques you have learned and compare them to my own, and see if my repitoire could be expanded or refined.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Well Kei, I'd be more than happy to help. I myself am looking to test my "new" limits.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

I am a senior instructor at the Shaolin Temple in Chicago. My students and I would be more than happy to assist you.
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

Thank you, all of you. If you would be as kind as to send me a time and place (hopefully a place where I can set up all of my high speed film equipment) I would be greatfull.

As for my outfit, I understand that teh black bodysuit is not a proper Gi, but the dots on it allow the cameras to better pick up the movements so that I can get a better understanding of the movements made. The electronics will also allow me to measure the amplitude and timing of the nervous impulses behind my movements. (I belive that teh bio feedback methods I have been using have improved both my speed and my strike power by between 10-25%, since I started collecting such data)
Razor

Post by Razor »

If you would like, hook me into some MoCap gear, and telemetry/biofeedback.

I'd like to see what I can do in a MoCap setup, and of course, give you some baseline comparisons on biofeedback, then let you see the effects of Chi. If Willie wants to, we can even do that spar we've talked about off and on for a while. What do you say, Master Long?
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
duamerthrax

Post by duamerthrax »

you guys sound pretty cool. how long have you been doing this kind of thing?
Razor

Post by Razor »

Who us? I've been doing this for a decade at least. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Kei, you are always welcomed to visit us in Russia if you have not found anywhere else suitable. The only time I have seen a gi is when Putin was demonstrating his judo prowess.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

duamerthrax wrote:you guys sound pretty cool. how long have you been doing this kind of thing?
I have been doing martial arts all my life, and that's countable in decades.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

GhostSpider wrote:Well Kei, I'd be more than happy to help. I myself am looking to test my "new" limits.

Back to blue huh.
Well I need to catch up.
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

Razor wrote:What do you say, Master Long?

I'm free this weekend. Kei can fly into O'Hare, you can drive up. I'll PM you two with directions to the temple. It has plenty of space for your setup.

Duamerthrax wrote:how long have you been doing this kind of thing?

About thirty years. I was 4 or 5 when I started.
Lazlo Field Agent
More Qi! Train Harder!
http://usashaolintemple.org/
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

I cannot think of a time when I did not practice the movements of Aikido, and Tai Chi Chu'an in an effort to keep my mind focused and sharp, although I am completely lacking in actual combat experience. Even with the training, focus and meditation, I still find it hard to stay focused on any single course of study - there is just so much out there that I need to learn!
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

I'm sure we can get you that combat experience!
A. Pendragon

Post by A. Pendragon »

If you are coming by Chicago, I can take a drive into the city. I live about 30-45 minutes away from Chicago.
Fear the night because the night doesn't fear YOU!!!
Something that I have learned in my life: The dead just dont stay dead.
Freedom isn't as free as we have been taught!
Razor

Post by Razor »

Well Arthur, you, me, Kei, and Willie should make a weekend of it then.

I would welcome the chance to meet more Lazlites. I already met Natasha, and koyla, and their people.

I'll be happy to at least provide some sparring experience for you Kei. However, I can attest there is no substitute for field experience, and no way to fake the combat edge, and if need be, the killing edge. You can get close in a spar, but... it still doesn't come close enough.

As for martial arts, I've been studying since I was 7, so roughly 16 years now. I've had people rate my skills and training time longer than that though, before I told them how long it's been.

Anyway, what say you guys about making it a weekend event then? A sort of impromptu seminar of sorts?
duamerthrax

Post by duamerthrax »

wow that's a lot of training. i guess you'd have to have started when you're young, huh? kinda like a jedi thing. :)
great, now i feel old
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

I look forward to arriving on friday evening to set up the equipment so that things may begin on saturday morning. Do the students and masters get up at the same time as most temples - about an hour before dawn?

I would like to participate in the morning meditation, if such would be permited.

And I will glady explain what I am trying to accomplish, and help any of the students there who are interested understand the science behind what they are doing. (Some of the things I have seen done do not become less amazing for knowing what it is that is being done and how, but more awe inspiring to know the solid data behind it.)
A. Pendragon

Post by A. Pendragon »

I can make it a weekend event.
Just PM me the details of when and where.
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

PM's away!

You'd be more than welcome, Ms. Nakamura.

duamerthrax wrote:wow that's a lot of training. i guess you'd have to have started when you're young, huh?

Not necessarily. My top student started after she died.
duamerthrax

Post by duamerthrax »

well, i guess there's still hope for me then, huh?
willing to take on another student?
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

We got plenty of room. I teach at the Chicago branch, but there's also the main Shaolin temple in NYC, if that's closer for you. (It's my homepage.)
Lazlo Field Agent
More Qi! Train Harder!
http://usashaolintemple.org/
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

I can reach Chicago just as easily as New York, Mr. Long.

I and my equipment should arrive tonight in order to have the cameras set up by morning. I will ensure that I don't generate an undesired level of noise, so as not to disturb anyone any further than the presence of an unusual activity normally does.
Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.

Shôja hitsumetsu é-sha-jori
A. Pendragon

Post by A. Pendragon »

So when exactly is the party? I just want to clear my schedule for a couple of days before and after.
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

I have the equipment gathered, and a truck ready to go. All I need is the time most convenient to the hosts.

Oh, and Ghostspider, I would like to see your techniques as well.
Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.

Shôja hitsumetsu é-sha-jori
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Unfortunately Kei, i'll need to withdraw my help, as I am now involved in helping Shadow look for Rain. I do wish you the best of luck with your research though.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
duamerthrax

Post by duamerthrax »

probably easier to get to new york. i might have seen it, and just not known what it is. that happened a lot in high school, we'd see a bunch of places, and just never really find out what they were.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Might have seen what, exactly?
Sophoroto

Post by Sophoroto »

I think he is talking abput Mr. Longs Dojo in NYC, Mr. Kolya.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Ah thanks Sophoroto.