Opening Eyes

Come here to discuss the myriad of beliefs, customs and philosophies that exist in our megaverse.
Natasha

Opening Eyes

Post by Natasha »

Sasha has gone on record saying that some people that are unaware of the supernatural are better off never knowing. Open some eyes, yes. Open all eyes, no. If you cannot manage a checkbook, well, you cannot manage this reality. He calls them liabilities rather than assets; sort of the opposite of those with eyes open but who tend to impede progress.
Наташа Крылова .:. Natasha Krilova
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

As a supernatural being myself, I will give my observation. Many millenia ago, you mortals banded together and pushed many of the supernatural menaces off your world. Bravo, good job, except you then made a grave mistake. Amost as soon as we were gone, you did everything in your power to forget about us. You turned us into myths and legends. You believed that we were gone forever and you lowered your guards. There is your greatest folly, for you mortals are unable to see beyond your own lifetimes. You cared not for the future generations. You fell asleep at the wheel, all for simple peace of mind.

We simply waited, and allowed you to forget us. We than crept back into the world, slowly, as to not alarm you apes.

So, as to whether the masses should know about us, I can only say this. What would be the point? Say you do push us off your world once again, the same thing will happen again. You will fall back asleep and we will return.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Your observation is mostly right Belladrox, save that not everyone forgot, and fell asleep to the threat. There have always been, and always will be those who know of the reality of the threat, and they will stand before it to defend even those who are unwilling to see.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

You're also mistaken about something else... Humanity didn't intentionally turn the monsters and threats into legends and myths, nor did it happen right away.

When your grandfather tells you stories of things that happened when he was very young, and you grow up never seeing a single instance of it...well, you might relate the stories to your children as bedtime stories, the kind of bedtime stories they told in the Dark and Middle Ages, to scare children into subservience, but you're probably less likely to believe them, yourself. When your father tells you stories of things that supposedly happened when your grandfather was very young, and you grow up and live a long life without ever seeing anything to prove it happened...

You get the idea.

It wasn't humanity's fault that it happened, though I will agree with Sasha; some people can't handle the truth of a mundane life as it is... I, for one, am happier without them knowing the truth of what we do.
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Once again druid, you allow your naivete to shine through. You assume too much about humanity.

I will admit that you are correct about myths and legends not being made over night, but I can also assure you that mankind knew what it was doing when it forgot about us. You intentionally turned us into stories and fiction all so you could forget what we had wrought. You wanted the only horrors in your world to be the ones you unleashed.

Some of you tried to pass on the real knowledge of what happened, and in a way succeeded, this agency stands as proof of that. Still, every attempt to keep the majority of humanity aware of us failed miserably. You didn't want to remember.

I have often found it amusing that you apes make such a big deal of remembering the past, lest you are doomed to repeat it. You hark on about it, and yet you continue to ignore your own past. Your hypocrisy never fails to entertain.

WWVLD
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Then tell me, why was it that all throughout the Middle and Dark Ages did people live in constant fear of things they were superstitious about, ranging from being afraid of actual paranormal creatures, spirits, goblins and other faerie, etc, to being afraid of the overly ridiculous, such as that bad things would happen to you for spilling salt, unless you threw it over your shoulder?

People didn't truly stop believing. Humanity was an overly superstitious lot for an incredibly long period of time. In some parts of the world, they still are. Perhaps while you were watching humanity from an ivory tower while imprisoned in another dimension, you just failed to notice that fact...

If we'd truly forgotten and ignored the histories that contained tidbits like yourself, none of that would've been true, and if there were a Lazlo Society today, it would've existed under different circumstances.
Sasha

Post by Sasha »

There's an official record?
Волков бояться — в лес не ходить.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Your question is easily answered druid. You tried to forget about us on a concious level, but subconciously, your fear of the darkness, or really the unknown, remained. You transubtantiated this fear into silly superstitions that helped explain the unknown.

People didn't truly stop believing.

Perhaps, but there is a difference in believeing and knowing.

WWVLD
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Until we can manage a real cultural shift there will always be the danger that those who get awakened will nto understand - but we need to awaken as many as we posisbly can before it is too late.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Everyone,

Why do we need ta open people's eyes? Everyone knows that monsters are real.

Hannah

PS: Don't they?
I will be who I chose to be.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

No the world at large has no clue that monsters are real Hannah. As a few have already stated there are even those that if you did give them proof they still wouldn't believe, or would react very baddly.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Shadow,

Everyone I know beleives in monsters and such . . . shouldn't the majority of people as well?

Hannah

PS: Is this another I have a lot to learn momments?
I will be who I chose to be.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Yes this is one of those moments. :(
We represent a minority, compared to the rest of the world, and many would think we are insane because of the fact we believe that monsters are real.
As has been talked about before the rest of the world just doesn't want to accept the idea. :?
Mostly that is because it would utterly destroy their world view, and they just couldn't handle the idea.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Hannah, sweetie.

The only people you know are either members here, are people I've samved from monsters, or lived in our compound.

That is one of the reasons I want you to go to a regular school - to see the way the rest of the world works.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Yeah, Ron, something tells me you need to find a way to socialize her before that.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I know . . . but it's not like I'm going to let her wander the streets and malls of DC looking for friends.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Agreed. Hey, does the Zoo have a volunteer program for people Hannah's age? Might be a good idea.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Brilliant.

I knew there was a reason we kept you around.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

I'm not just another pretty face you know :lol:
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Oh we never thought of you as a pretty face.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

That's more like it....

HEY! :P :lol:
Sasha

Post by Sasha »

Radio face.
Волков бояться — в лес не ходить.
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

Some people are not capable of dealing with the mundane horrors of our society, I do not think it would be wise to introduce them to the more supernatural of horrors. Fortunately, these are the ones that for the most part disbelieve the hardest.
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide
Eilonwy Solstice

Is there always a choice?

Post by Eilonwy Solstice »

Some people have no choice in the matter. We’ll just have to trust them to do what they can.
Sometimes the only thing to be done is to feel one’s way through the darkness.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Sooner or later the world will have to understand.

Delta Sierra
Thomas Sheldon

Post by Thomas Sheldon »

Let simple men stay simple men, pleased by simple things, going about simple lives, with simple concerns.

Over my career, I have always tried to leave the simple folk their simple lives.

Way I see it lots of these things are like dogs smellin fear, they go after the source of fear. Might be why so few people have just one encounter and why they normally get worse an worse, the meet a monter, they start to be afraid of monsters, more monsters come to feed on that fear.

Why would anyone want to condemn another person to dealing with all this?
Good redeems it's own - Evil feeds upon it's self, lets make sure that the strongest arent the suvivors after meal time eh?
Bert_the_Turtle

Thomas Sheldon wrote:Why would anyone want to condemn another person to dealing with all this?

Because ignorance isn't bliss. Ignorance, worse than making you think there's a monster under the bed, blinds you to the one that's really hiding in the closet.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Because ignorance isn't bliss.

Now try telling the rest of humanity that. They'll probably burn you at the stake.

WWVLD
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

I hate like hell to have to agree with the brain-turd, but he does have a point... So does Sheldon.

However, I still agree mostly with Bert. I just feel that, just like when you show anyone about anything that's dangerous to them, one also has a moral responsibility to teach them how to protect themselves from it.

I know we don't have the time to teach everyone everything, but if each of us reaches and educates just one person, they will warn and educate their loved ones, who will warn and educate their friends, and so on... It wouldn't be anywhere near as fast or easy as I just made it sound, but eventually, it would work. Look at Zack and Logos!
Last edited by KonThaak on Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

I believe my own eyes
Now I've come to the end
All my patience is gone
When I'm doubtful I tend
to believe my own eyes

-pete townsend, "I believe my own eyes"
You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings
You never left me
You never let me