Impossible Situation...

Come here to discuss the myriad of beliefs, customs and philosophies that exist in our megaverse.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Mr Sheldon if you do harm to Bert I will be forced to intervene and deal with you and your employer. I have stated it before on why I will do this.
A. Bert is a friend and does not deserve this fate.
B. It will upset my student and interfere with her health and well being, and there fore her lessons.

I leave this warning for you to ponder sir.

Michael T.
Beware the monster within, least it escape and take over your life.
Thomas Sheldon

Post by Thomas Sheldon »

I understand your need to defend, and if failing that, avenge your friend. I will not hold it against you when you do as you must. I do hope you don't hold it against me when I don't just roll over and die for you.

Oh, and if you do send me off to a dirt nap, don't worry, I understand it is a professional hazard
Good redeems it's own - Evil feeds upon it's self, lets make sure that the strongest arent the suvivors after meal time eh?
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

I have nothing against a proffesional, but I do have issue with some one who can not convince an employer there is a problem. And then will not relize there is a problem with the employer, you said there was a bit of magic involved in the contract. Contact me in private with any details you may wish to share, maybe threre is a way out of this that does not get anyone killed.

Michael T.
Beware the monster within, least it escape and take over your life.
Thomas Sheldon

Post by Thomas Sheldon »

Bah, Don't need private to talk about this, I humped the bunk and took a contract I shouldn't have - I realy wanted a piece of that Gentleman feller, so I allowed things I normally wouldn't on the contract, like a clause on how the mark gets laid to rest - normally I leave that up to the mark. The signing of a paper contract was another oddity. Signed in blood in some freaky room with weird shit scribbled all over the walls and floor. One drop of blood shouldn't fatigue someone like that either, it was a solid week before I had enough get up and go to get started.
Good redeems it's own - Evil feeds upon it's self, lets make sure that the strongest arent the suvivors after meal time eh?
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Oy that does count as a Major screw up indeed.
I think it has been asked before but I will ask again, was there a time frame in which you were to do the job?
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Thomas Sheldon

Post by Thomas Sheldon »

Not exactly, but if he dies a natural death, I don't imagine I would. I don't know but from what I have seen all them fingerwavin chanter types aren't very big on the idea of forgiveness.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

A blood contract... I know you've said you're not allowed to divulge the identity of your employer, but if you could tell me you were absolutely certain this guy was very much alive and breathing under a living brain's involuntary responses--as opposed to, say, someone animating a corpse for the purpose of getting you to do this--I would feel much better about this whole situation.

As it stands... I know someone who can break that contract, and he's probably someone you'd enjoy hunting down. He could probably take care of your employer, too... If not, I know that between several of us on this board, we most assuredly can protect you from his magics, and take care of him for you.

Shall I send Bert in this guy's general direction?
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

At least you admitted your smistake . . . takes a big man to own up.

Takes a bigger man to go and fix it.

So if you are from the greatest generation like you say, go out there and proove it.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Thomas Sheldon

Post by Thomas Sheldon »

Ya he lives and breathes, in fact his signature, in his blood, is right below mine on the contract.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

In the words of a man I far from admire . . . "A mere piece of paper."

Delta Sierra
Thomas Sheldon

Post by Thomas Sheldon »

At least you admitted your smistake . . . takes a big man to own up.

Takes a bigger man to go and fix it.

So if you are from the greatest generation like you say, go out there and proove it.

You a free man Kiddo? Aright then, I got nothin left to prove to you.

In the words of a man I far from admire . . . "A mere piece of paper."

Make sure your brain is in gear before you open your chilli hole eh?
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I've stepped up for life, liberty and the pursuit in the past and continue to do so - too bad you've lost your nerve to stand up for it now.

Or have you forgotten that you're hunting down an innocent man for some evil power?

If freedom does mean a thing to you, if you still have courage, stand up for yourself and for the innocent man you're trying to kill.

Delta Sierra
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

You know, since it's the philosophical area and all, here's a two part question.

1) is it right to condemn a man for being in a situation where he does evil if there is no choice on his part?

2) should we feel pity for him for being weak if he has the perfect opportunity to break a contract and refuses?
You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings
You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means

Everything that you feel
Is everything that I feel
So when we dream
We shout....
Sasha

Post by Sasha »

1. Evil a choice for humans. So the answer is no.
2. I have pitied plenty I put away for their choices.
Волков бояться — в лес не ходить.
Thomas Sheldon

Post by Thomas Sheldon »

So in otherwords Kiddo, yer tellin me to commit a long slow painfull suicide so that your buddy gets to sleep easy. ain't happenin, when I got here and was trying to find a way out of this he prefered for me to do my job.

If you feel the need to go after me thats fine, but I reccomend you put your brain in gear before you open that piehole up too wide and start to look like a real jackass.

Angel,
1. Yes, I have been the executioner in many such instances, and know that that is how my end will come.

2. If you can find my client and break the contract, it would be apreciated, but I do eventually get tired of the hounds coming out of nowhere everytime I try to get a little shuteye, I think I'll keep working on the job.
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

Life is a no-win situation, as far as I know no body gets out of life alive. Until that time happens you try to keep as many alive as it is within your power to protect.

There is something to be said for the society the was around during the Titantic tragedy. Men refused to get on the boats to ensure that women and children were saved. It is a little sad that I saw a story this morning about a woman stabbed in a store and 9 people walked over her doing nothing but taking pictures (instead of calling 911).

Anyways, to answer Bert's original question without anymore information I would most likely choose the child, since the old man would hopefully have had a full life already.
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Thomas Sheldon wrote:So in otherwords Kiddo, yer tellin me to commit a long slow painfull suicide so that your buddy gets to sleep easy. ain't happenin, when I got here and was trying to find a way out of this he prefered for me to do my job.

If you feel the need to go after me thats fine, but I reccomend you put your brain in gear before you open that piehole up too wide and start to look like a real jackass.

So you want me to be quiet before I start sounding like you?

You made a mistake and now you are going to go kill a man so you can escape the consequences of your mistake?

How cowardly.

How evil.

As for helping you out of this situation - you haven't been very helpful in that regard - you aren't giving us anyway to track back to the one who holds you, not even hints. Just because Bert hasn't been willing to work with you on this doesn't mean the rest of us aren't.

But being the stubborn, arrogant and cowardly fool you are you haven't tried to work with us on this other than telling us to provide you with a dead body.

So if you don't want to kill an innocent man for your mistake, work with us.

Delta Sierra
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

He is not going to help you mortal. He is enjoying this hunt far too much.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Thomas Sheldon

Post by Thomas Sheldon »

Actually caliburn, the issue isn't won't, its not willing to die to give it to you.

and as for enjoying the hunt, the one I am on now I enjoy, it is old business in the pinebarrens, hope people can camp there in peace again soon.

And caliburn, I have said elstwhere, if you are willing to just give up and die to let someone out of this kind of thing, you are a stronger and better man than I, but can you honestly say you would just roll over and die because you got painted into a corner by an opponent? I am going to attempt to regretfully fill the contract, then after the non hostility clause is over, in 2 years, my current client will never have another night's peacefull sleep - he will have to worry about a bullet untill the moment he dies.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

You painted yourself in the corner.
Don't displace the blame.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

All right, I think we can all agree he did a total dumbass thing with this. The point is, NOW he has no choice in anything, and is pretty much reduced to lackey status. And, as a woman with experience, there are pretty much ways around anything, if you just try hard enough.
You traded in your wings
You never left me
You never let me

Everything that you feel
So when we dream
We shout....
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

concrete_Angel wrote:if you just try hard enough.
Hey, that's what I said! :)
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

I thought you were the one who said to just kill him.

No, wait, that was Ron. Oops!
You traded in your wings
You never left me
You never let me

Everything that you feel
So when we dream
We shout....
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Sometimes it's really easy to be unable to tell us apart.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Except when you two are standing together.

No offense intended to either of you.
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Thomas Sheldon

Post by Thomas Sheldon »

Again I ask, so I am supposed to die slow and long by violating the terms of the contract and attempting it's breach?

If you are strong enough to submit to torture and death to do the right thing, congrats, your a bigger, and better man than I.

Now, if you dont mind, I have a pack of lycans to finish exterminating.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

KonThaak wrote:Except when you two are standing together.

No offense intended to either of you.
None taken, unless tell me I'm the better looking one. :lol:
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Thomas Sheldon wrote:Again I ask, so I am supposed to die slow and long by violating the terms of the contract and attempting it's breach?

Doesn't have to be slow and long.
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

Well, the guy's making NOTHING easy for anyone, and from all his rantings, I think the only options he's trying to give us are kill him or let him kill someone else.

From what I've seen, popular opinion seems to side with door number one.
You traded in your wings
You never left me
You never let me

Everything that you feel
So when we dream
We shout....
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

I think you are correct, Angel.