Stuck in OH

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Ok time to explain the misunderstanding. It seems we were not the first to come looking for the totems. To make matters worse we arrived about a day after someone else tried, and they hurt people, worse still they tried to kill the Shamen that had been the primary Human guardian of the Totems.
Got this whole story afterwards the locals had assumed that we were with the group who had done all the damage. :?
So we found ourselves in a fight where we were trying not to hurt anyone to baddly, but the other side was out for payback and blood!! :shock:
Well between Ghost, Michael T, and myself we were able to deal with things without causeing anyone serious injury, or getting hurt to bad either.
We have the totem and are on our way to hook up with the rest who are already in OH.
Will post more details on this little misadveture later.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Eilonwy Solstice

Post by Eilonwy Solstice »

Take care, guys.
Sometimes the only thing to be done is to feel one’s way through the darkness.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Wasn't me . . . I had to take a detour on my way to town.

Seems I picked up a hitch hiker when I left DC.

I hate gremlins.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Eilonwy Solstice

Post by Eilonwy Solstice »

Before, or after? I’m surprised I didn’t sense him.
Sometimes the only thing to be done is to feel one’s way through the darkness.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

You were never on the list of suspects Ron. First off it was a group that came to get the Totems. They never even asked about the totems they just went after them, and weren't in the mood to have anyone get in their way.
Thankfully not to many people had been hurt, and the Bad guys got chased off.
Downside the locals were expecting a return from the Bad guys, and we walked into it. Bad timing at it's worst.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Not sure where he jumped on . . . but I know where he fell off.

If you're coming along the interstate, might want to double check if some of the roadkill isn't raccoons and skunks and strays.

Delta Sierra
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

And then scotty will fry it up for dinner. :P
You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings
You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means

Everything that you feel
Is everything that I feel
So when we dream
We shout....
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Grilled Gremlin? No thank you.
I have gotten to the town of Maidens Tears, will post more soon.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Sorry for not posting sooner, been running in circles while Michael Prime is in Maiden Tears. As Shadow said we nearly did not make it out of the area to get the totems. I hurled more non-lethal nusiance spells than I belive I ever have, I took a few bullets and a couple of arrows in the process of not hurting anyone. I will not be around much longer as I will be dispelled by Michael when I see him again, but we got the totems and are in route, I need to have Michael go speak with the guardian of the totems. They are intresting to say the least. I need to go I have to teleport to Michael now.

Michael Ver 2
Beware the monster within, least it escape and take over your life.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I'm in town and I've had an encounter of sorts.

Apparently whatever is here has decided that they want to be rid of the visitors and has upped the stakes. I had a run in with a somethign or other that looked like it had a squid growing out of it's head.

I hit it centre mass with almost everything in my arsenal and nothing seemed to do more thna slow it down. I was eventually able to smack it down with a few shots from an iron fencepost to the head.

I don't know if there are more of these things around here or what, but let me knwo where to meet up with you guys so we can coem up with some kind of plan.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Ron, do you need a resupply? I could call in a few favors and get something airdropped.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

I got a report on those things from my people after I arrived. Basicly it tells me the same things Ron just did, with a couple of extra bits. It seems spells and Psi ablities also work on these things as well but you need to target the head still, as center mass doesn't seem to do much even then.
My people had some Iron cored rounds with them, and those worked just fine on these critters, but they didn't have enough for dealling with this situation. We are getting a supply drop here shortly, because there are in fact more of these things.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

It sounds like y'all have already figured out the important info on these things... More info is always welcome. I'll start looking for info, too, on my end; not that I think I can get much right now, but we'll see what happens.

So, I guess this goes for everyone... If y'all see anything that looks like it crawled out of Lovecraftian mythology, hit it in the head with something iron. Hit it hard and fast, and, as always, don't let it get ahold of you if you can help it.

Be careful, guys...
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Ron I am in the library still, they leave it open and no one wants to come in eith me here. I guess my haveing picked the constable up and carried him to the door to drop outside was enough to have them decide I am not to be messed with. I have some more info on the town as well and the ritual. See you soon.

Michael T.
Beware the monster within, least it escape and take over your life.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Well, magic weapons work just as effectively as spells on these things. I split one of them open like a ripe watermelon with Karlash. Damn things are creepy though.

I also dropped by the room where DK was staying, it was clean. No trace of him physical or otherwise.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I'm doing okay, by throwing everythign in my arsenal at one, it means I tried everything I had.

Those who know me know that this takes a lot.

I have loaded my weapons with iron and modified that fence railing fro grip and balance (I think it might be a keeper).

My biggest issue is I have a tendancy to shoot centre mass for the best odds of an effective hit - so I have to battle that instinct and go for the head.

Fortunately I've only had one more encounter with these things so far.

Seems most people have decided to lay low - a shoot out with the sherrif would ruin my day about now.

I'll swing by the library Micheal . . . but I think that we should set up shop near that church so we can make our move.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Are you positive you don't want me to drop some more ammunition to you Ron? If Hannah shows me where your shop is I can put together some iron ammo for ya.
BraveSirRobin

Post by BraveSirRobin »

I have GOT to keep a better eye on the boards...

You guys seem to have a situation in OH... I'm currently on my way back to MO from out east... need me to drop in on the way? I've always got a sack full of iron nails and an iron fire-poker handy, after all.

<.< and then we can all head down to MO and take out my bad guys... >.>
I'm not dead yet.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Hmm If nobody has an issue with it you are welcome to come help Robin. Who knows maybe one of your wouldbe pursuers will get nabbed by one of the beasties we have wandering around here?
I have droped off some more Iron cored rounds, if anyone needs a particular type of round let me know, and I will see what I can do.
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

I managed to finally get a signal again out here. I have been spending the past few days hiding out in the nearby woods. After my last message I realized that I would need more supplies and went back into the town. I checked out and told everyone that asked that I was leaving town. I finished it by buying a cheap backpack various non-perishable foodstuffs and bottled water. Together I thought I would be able to manage for roughly one week, longer if I was careful when combined with my own emergency kit I carry.

Anyways, I haven't slept much as of late. The creatures stalk at night near the town and more frequently during the daytime, and I am constantly hearing things moving nearby. I am fairly sure that something is stalking me.

If you don't already know iron seems to be the only thing that hurts them besides magic and psychic powers. I took an old fire poker from one of the houses I explored.

I found Nikki a few days after my last posting (has it been a few or has it been more, time seems odd to me these days). She seemed to be alright although she was quite hungry. When we get near the town (I take her because I am afraid to leave her), she seems to become more understandable, while I become less so. I think eventually she will be leading me around the town.

We did manage to find house that looks interesting. I believe it belonged to the town founder/religious leader. I think I am going to look around it again once this transmits. Keep an eye on the church, if something goes down I expect it to be there.

Be careful guys. I think that this town does something to you. I just watched trees moving on their own only to be back where they were, and in most of the houses there is constant banging on the walls and doors but no one on the other side. Whatever it is it doesn't effect Nikki and she tells me constantly, "No bad thing here" as she helps me along.
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Hmmm, must be whatever is pressing against my wards. Something is defintely trying to get into my head (its crowded enough as it is).

DK, stay safe.

WWVLD
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I got Iron Ammo and an Iron melee weapon at the momment Bert - both are getting their work outs - thanks.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Alrighty. I'm putting together some Iron Frag Grenades then. Should be fairly effective at scattering a group of whatever the hell you're fighting if necessary.

Let me know if you want them. They'll be under tight lock and key til then.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Would have been handy last night - but seeing as we were indoors much of it, not as handy as hoped.

More details to come . . . fortunately I managed to keep in shape despite the leg and jaw injuries.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Alrighty. I'll arrange a supply drop.

There'll be some wedge-shaped charges in there too since you mentioned indoors. They have sticky backs on them. Pull the pin, peel off the strip and stick them to the wall or ceiling and use the Right numbered detonator. Just watch out for shrapnel coming out the back side if you're hiding near the ass end of them.

Look for a small supply crate sometime around noon.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Better late than never, huh?

I think we wrapped most of it up last night at least.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

I'd rather you have it and not need it then need it and not have it.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Very true . . . If things are quiet tonight I'd say we've nipped this one.

Delta Sierra
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Woohoo, there's nothing like bashing cultists and killing monsters of the Squid-headed variety. Oh yeah, and saving some lives too. Once i've collected my thoughts, details will follow.

WWVLD
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

Everyone, thanks for coming. I don't think I would have survived had you not shown up to pull attention away from me. Now that it is all over the waking nightmares, for lack of a better term, seem to be fading away.

Sorry for trying to brain the group of you when I first saw you. I don't know how to better explain it than to say that you all looked like monsters to me at the time. I will try to explain what happened the last few days once I decide what parts of it was reality and what was just delusions.

Either way, I think the trouble in Maiden's Tears is over.
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide