Interesting Find

A place to seek help, or to offer services, dealing with the paranormal.
protaganis

Interesting Find

Post by protaganis »

Been out of the States assisting a friend down south. found an interesting chunk of metal (about 3 feet long 4 inches circular, solid). Mass Spec says its an alloy, non-ferrous, some unidentified compounds. Most interesting part is that after retrieval, we encountered a tough but fairly harmless minor demon (they typically take a load of ammo to kill. But can only harm you about as much as a large canine. No active magic use).
Ran both pistols and my carbine dry with minimal effect then grabbed for the nearest thing at hand (viola!!!) clubbed it with the metal and BOY did it drop. Killed it in one shot! I've had it checked over for any type of "enhancement" and not a shred has appeared. I've since put some filing into my hollowpoint rounds and discovered that my carbine puts the minor demons down like a Ma Deuce. Haven't gotten to try it on anything other than a few minor South American demons. Looking for info though. What in Hades is this metal???
Can we make more? My guess is that at the current rate of consumption I should have enough to last another 6-8 months but I'm not sure if I'll ever find any more.
When the world isn't the same as our minds believe, then we are in a nightmare. Nothing is worse than a nightmare that we cannot awaken from.

戦争の刃
kalle

Post by kalle »

I would have to analyse its component minerals it to give an answer.

Sounds like the meteorite. Space minerals not really exist in the Earth otherwise they would be Earth minerals.
в темноте
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Another blast from the past returned. :lol: Welcome back. So you planning to stick around for long?
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Welcome back.

So, is this indigenous to the area or is it a space rock?
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

It sounds rod shaped.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

I came across a strange egg yesterday.
I will post a photo of it just as soon as our guys get finished with it.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Strange Egg . . . care to be less specific?

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Well, it was ovular shaped, white, and had some dirt from rolling down a hill. No nests in the trees around, nothing around to indicate it might have lost an egg. It was less than 5cm wide I think. I did not have my biologists ruler with me just a pocket knife to lay next to it when I snapped the shot so I will have to measure the knife. The picture is coming soon. The eggheads, no pun, are busy with it right now.
protaganis

Post by protaganis »

Sticking around as long as I got power. :wink: Yeah, the metal is in a rod shape. But it's definitely not a comfortable thing to carry. I got a little more in depth result off of the mass spec. Fully one third of the minerals making up the rod are non-identifiable. The rest are in a configuration that my friend thinks would need a zero-g smelter and mixing operation to produce...
Couple of the identifiable metals are: silver, tin, iron, mercury (I shit you not, Bill and Thom's jaws hit the floor when that bit of info came out.) zinc and arsenic were present in trace quantities. I think the silver levels might be in small enough quantity that a Shapeshifter would laugh if I popped him with it, but we've got to travel through some dangerous territory to get that theory checked out. Incidentally, the tensile strength of the rod is significantly lower than that of aluminum. We're guessing, but the rod couldn't be a structural member of anything. If I can find more 5.7mm hollowpoints before we go back to the dig, I'm guessing that'll make for a nasty surprise. BTW you'd have to eat about a pound of this metal for it to be toxic to humans... If we can get the new genny up and running I should be able to communicate regularly via sat comm. I'll give details as we get them. Take Care, Be Safe, Pack plenty of ammo and shoot straight.
When the world isn't the same as our minds believe, then we are in a nightmare. Nothing is worse than a nightmare that we cannot awaken from.

戦争の刃
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

You can convert the generator into a human powered dynamo with a little effort.

If you can do that you'll have a leg up.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

5.7 mm hollow points? Hand loading?

Delta Sierra
protaganis

Post by protaganis »

Happy Day :D The genny is in place and running. It's a small diesel generator, so turning it into a human powered would work. We just had it shipped from our main office along with a collapsing bladder full of bio-diesel. For two hours a day I got most of the comforts of home (bonus mosquitoes included). In answer to your question Mr. Caliburn, they are a hand loaded round for an HK P-90. I started using a hotter round (still within what the gun will handle safely) once they made "civilian" hunting rounds in a hollowpoint design. If I fill the cavity with silver dust, they make most shapechangers wet themselves. For down here, the finely ground dust from the rod is great for what we've encountered so far. These Chibchan Indians (Related to the Toltecs, Incans and Mayans) conjured up some fairly nasty (but relatively stupid) Demons. We've been pretty lucky so far, only had two men injured. Once they started using my house brand ammo, the "native" beasties start giving us more leeway. Good Luck out There.

戦争の刃
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

You have expensive tastes in ammunition and weapons.

Or you watch too much Stargate.

What kind of demons - any information so we can deal with them better is appreciated.

Delta Sierra
protaganis

Post by protaganis »

Body Design like a Bulldog, only pony sized. Grey Oily skin (they exude some kind of slime, watch out in close combat, wrestling one to the ground is near impossible). Horse-like head, no ears, small shark style triangular teeth. Bites can break bone through body armor. We've had to start using a hardened body armor on extremities, although standard kevlar vests work for our torsos. No eyes. Just a hollow orbit, when living there's a dull red glow that issues from the orbits location. They move relatively fast 25-30 mph on open terrain. They don't handle confined spaces very well. Pounce range of about 15 feet. Their skin is about as resiliant as a class 3 or 4 armor vest. That was why I switched to the P-90 and paired HK 57s, They have a flat balistic profile over 100 yards. Just point and shoot. Plus standard mag size is fifty rounds (and comparatively light weight). Used to take about 3 mags to drop one. They don't really have a weak spot. Nor anything we can identify as a set of vital organs. No ability to do a detailed study post mortum, they tend to undergo a really rapid decay once dead. In under an hour there's nothing but dust left (Don't get the rotting material on you, It smells worse than putricine spray! Took me 4 hours to wash off the first one I tried to dissect. Had to burn the clothes.) They don't seem to understand english, spanish, portugese, latin, or german (Languages of our team, I only speak some latin and fluent american :wink:) They also seem to be territorial. we've only encountered them one at a time. About 3 days after we kill one, another shows up, stalking through. Reminds me of a tigers behavior when it's crossing through anothers territory. Overall they seem like watchdogs of a demonic sort. Before I forget... They don't seem to eat the remains of what they kill. I've seen some horribly mutilated wild boar surrounded by tracks of the "Cujos" (that's what my men have taken to calling them). Looks like the poor thing took an hour to die.

Overall I would rate them as 4 out of 10 on the threat meter. If that's all there is out here, I'm heading out in a week. Standard guards can handle this kind of threat.

戦争の刃
Logos

Post by Logos »

... :shock:

That's quite a bit of information... and running 25-30 mph is only relatively fast? Even if they're only appearing at this slow rate, people could easily be hurt by them.

These things are apparently vicious and aggressive based on the way they're killing the wildlife in the area, and aggressive dogs can kill unarmed civilians... Especially big aggressive dogs with tiger-like behavior, shark teeth, oozing skin, and bulldog bodies. Not to call you heartless, but what's so important that you'd have to pack up and leave without finding the source of these things?
Put everything into what you're doing, use everything you've got, or I'm afraid you won't live to regret it.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Yeah - where are they coming from? - any leads on an ID?

Delta Sierra
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Are you sure it is another one and just not the same one reborn?
Наташа Крылова .:. Natasha Krilova
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Nasty thought there Natasha, and you may be on to something. I know there are some beasties that you have to destroy in a paticular way or they will just return later. This could be what you are dealing with.
Good call Natasha. :D
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Sure thing.

I am not sure which is worse. A monster that gets reborn and we do not know how or that there are several of them. The worst is both.
Наташа Крылова .:. Natasha Krilova
protaganis

Post by protaganis »

Planned on posting earlier, but Thom called from the dig site. Capstone blocking passage into a large section of the cavern. Best guess is 1600 or 1700 years old. Engravings on the stone indicate that a powerful demonic priestess was entombed here. Our researcher thinks she was a Succubus (she was the head of a pleasure society. Her "sacrifices" died at the peak of passion) My arcanist says there were some strong spells locking her within. They've weakened to the point where she might be able to touch the outside world. Our team is going to be chemically (and temporarily, THANKFULLY) neutered.:shock:
That should prevent her from affecting any of us (yes, I'm undergoing the shots too. That's why I was concerned about the temporary part of it). Our arcanist also fairly certain that the Cujos are a creation of hers. Gathering fear energy to empower her? We're holding off of opening the seal until I can get a full loadout of Sword assault rifles. I've never dealt with a succubus before. Any help on weaknesses and tactics would be helpful. So far the only advice was from Thom. "When it comes to succubi. Don't let 'em"

戦争の刃
Logos

Post by Logos »

So, you need to get rid of your cajones to get rid of the Cujos?
Put everything into what you're doing, use everything you've got, or I'm afraid you won't live to regret it.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Chemical neutering .. . basically unplugs you from the hormones . . .

Not sure it will work, Succubus has the rmind control abillites to work on thn the lower brains.

Besides, for all we know, their powers directly stimulate the brain rathe than require any biological trigger.

Delta Sierra
protaganis

Post by protaganis »

Just got back to camp. One of our hired guards thought that we were kidding when we said no unsupervised visits to the vault (thats what we've been calling the capped cavern). He blew himself to hell when he took all his grenades and unsealed the vault. Bright side is... we discovered chemical neutering helps you fight the influence of a succubus. It felt like a pressure in my mind telling me to do all sorts of things (from sexual to kill my allies) According to the one untreated (and restrained) man in camp, there was an irresistible rush (a blood test revealed, his testosterone levels were worse than if he was mainlining steroids). He said he couldn't resist the commands at all.
Chased her 43 miles through the jungle. She was weak from only being able to get "food" (the death agony and pain) from her constructs. Once she was freed, she banished all those constructs. Conserve her energy. The new rounds helped a little. I'm tired and going to bed. Set my alarm for August :wink: Anyone has any questions, I'll get em when I wake up. G'Night all.

戦争の刃
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Glad to know we have one less beast around . . . though anybody heard of a Dar'ota summoning before?

Delta Sierra
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

It is a new trick to me?
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Are we sure its a Darota? Can't there be more sexual demons than just them?
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

That is a possiblity, as most myths are full of nasties that prey on men's baser nature.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Glad to know we have one less beast around . . . though anybody heard of a Dar'ota summoning before?

Yes.

Yes.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Ok one of you explain?
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Almost any of the creatures we have seen can be summoned. The Dar'ota is one that is usally summoned due to it's power and knowledge. I have several reference books on why a mage might summon such a creature.
Beware the monster within, least it escape and take over your life.