Supernatural Experiences in WW2

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
Brownie

Supernatural Experiences in WW2

Post by Brownie »

Well I'm told by my grandson that this is the place to tell of my experiences in WW2. Thing is, well, they involve what I consider supernatural beings, or spirits, or what ever you call them. Maybe I'm crazy, or maybe some of you folks can fill me in.

Is this the right place for them?

Brownie
Jeremiah Yeater

Post by Jeremiah Yeater »

A buddy of mine down at the VFW told me about this place so I guss it must be there old timer. Igot stories from my hump in-country that'll curl your hair no doubt. And I aint talking about what you see in movies about nam. I mean some real heavy shit that'll make you believe.
Officer D.

Post by Officer D. »

Lets hear it. We can trade war stories.

officer D.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Apparently my grandfather, who was a mechanic for the RCAF in 39-45, used to tell a story about an aircraft that came back with only one working engine. The pilot and the b/n were both gibbering about a creature ripping their engine apart and had to be hospitalized. When my grandfather got tasked to repair the aircraft he found that several key engine components were missing, but there was no evidence of having been hit by gunfire.

To the contrary, all the screws, nuts, bolts and latches had been methodically unfastened and the engine had been stripped of all components except the block.

My grandfather passed on some time ago, otherwise I could give you more details.
Last edited by Ron Caliburn on Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSC27

Post by PSC27 »

Question, if I may? Does the term Gremlin ring a bell? That's what my great grandfather called them anyway. Nasty little buggers.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Yes it does. Of course I only had a second hand account to go by, so I weren't about to throw a definite name on it. For all I know a Luftwaffe pilot got shot down and when he bailed out his parachute got wrapped around the wing. Then he pulled himself up and engaged in a little revenge.

And if ya buy that, I got some property in Florida for ya
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

There are many people out there researching UFOs and alien visits throughout history. While I am most interested in UFOs and alien visits, I do not follow the history as closely as others. I am much more "hands on".
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Joseph Darkhold

Post by Joseph Darkhold »

Still and yet, it couldn't hurt to listen to our elders for a change.
A retired friend of mine told me that he did a lot of top secret work in germany before and during the early stages WWII, and he told me about some of his encounters with the supernatural there. For instance, he spoke of the Schutzstaffel (SS) being dominated by Vampires while its parent branch, the SturmAbteilung (SA) was led by Were-beasts! and that rivalry and racial hatred between the two was what led to the execution of the SA leaders and the disillusion of the SA.

Now there's a cheerful thought; Nazi Vampires!

And who knows, some of them might still be around...

So, Watch your back and Good Hunting
Joseph Darkhold
"Ex Ignorantia ad Sapientiam, e Luce ad Tenebras"
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

A lot of those guys ended up in Argentina.

Latin America does not seem to be highly represented on this forum.
Joseph Darkhold

Post by Joseph Darkhold »

Good point, I'll ask some friends of mine for any news they might have.
"Ex Ignorantia ad Sapientiam, e Luce ad Tenebras"
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

The Israelis have a good record of where the former Nazis are. I'm sure if you approached the right people saying you were a nazi hunter after the Nazi who killed your grandmother, you would get a nice list.

Delta Sierra
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

Anybody have any stories about Foo Fighters?

After some research I found this

http://www.unmuseum.org/foo.htm
The Silence holds the answer

Never forget.....nature adapts
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Sorry, my only Foo Fighters story involves Dave Grohl.

Delta Sierra
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

heh
The Silence holds the answer

Never forget.....nature adapts
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

'Course there's my dad's experiences back in the 'Nam. Apparently some of the worst atrocities weren't commited by the gooks or us.

Delta Sierra
Lucas Priest

Tazmainian "devils"

Post by Lucas Priest »

I went into the Aboriginal outback recently following an entry in a journal my father left me. He had been part of a group in the US government that took possesion of german technical research as facilities were captured during the end of the war. This group later was pulled into and/or became operation "paperclip", but I digress... One piece he never followed up on was a genetic profile of a creature spoken of in aboriginal stories, and they had found enough evidence that "samples" had been taken to Berlin for research. After my tour as a Ranger, I went to school and finished my degree in anthropology, but I found this direct evidence of aboriginal legend facinating, so I went in search of these creatures, and found them! I do not belive them to be "supernatural" in any sense, but they did show definate aversion to sunlight and silver, as told of in the aboriginal stories. The findings went with a Mr. Allen Bell, a member of the PAB group who funded the expedition. After this finding, I belive I will spend a little more time with Dad's journals. and would be happy to check to see if there is any information that matches any current investigations...
The science of any sufficiently advanced society would appear as magic to those less developed...
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Long time gone this thread - has my first post in it.

The supernatural seems attracted to wars . . . or is it the other way around?

Anybody else got any stories (own or others) for any conflict?

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Mine has already been recounted many times.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Well, I could recount the tales of many of Karlash's former wielders, many of whom fought with him in some war or another.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Anything giving us clues as to the reasons for the war and supernatural link?

Anything particularly entertaining?

Delta Sierra
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Well, during war there is great suffering and destruction. Something that supernatural evil is drawn to like a moth to a flame.

As for entertaining, yes there are many.

WWVLD
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

He, he he, sounds like you want to look in the archives, yess, the archives. War, either it does strange things to good mens mind's, or strange things are war on good men's minds. He hehehe.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Kei? Are you feeling ok?
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

She's turned giggly.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Aw damn, looks like Kei's gone a little crazy. And what archives?

WWVLD
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

She probably needs a few to deal with what's going on in Dover . . . happens to the best of us sometimes.

Delta Sierra
Thomas Sheldon

Post by Thomas Sheldon »

Gremlins, ya, there were a few gremlins running around. Left the boys on the lines pretty much alone though, guess we didn't have enough toys to keep em interested.

The real pain in the ass was dealing with the "battlefield bums". about half the time you saw a bum out there he was either looting a body, or eating part of it. The boys said I was loco when I told em about the one I shot up on a watch rotation. Bum took two clips from my browning (still love a BAR) and still managed to crawl away.

I know that people are going to say I must have missed, but if so that would be the first and last time I ever failed to keep rounds on target.
Good redeems it's own - Evil feeds upon it's self, lets make sure that the strongest arent the suvivors after meal time eh?
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I've heard from a few vetrans (relative and not) that there were some pretty odd scavengers following the battles around.

All sorts of interesting creatures moving around before the battles too.

I heard from one fella, was with the First Special Services Force, he and his mates started shooting every dog they saw because three guys in a row died right after they said they saw a big black dog.

Delta Sierra
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Also rember that when a person dies thier PPE doubles for that few moments after the death. Alot of paranormal creatures feed on said energy, And there are a multitude of scavengers that feed on the recently deceased or the dieing. It's not hard to see the paranormal activity as too far from a routine in war.

Michael T.
Beware the monster within, least it escape and take over your life.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Battles throughout history have had strange occurances galore.

Delta Sierra