Anyone got some time to waste?

A place to seek help, or to offer services, dealing with the paranormal.
Kei Nakamura

Anyone got some time to waste?

Post by Kei Nakamura »

I have gone over some of the latest sat pics of the messapotamia area and I belive I have something. There are indications of an undiscovered population center in the area - probably just a trick of shadows or resonance, but the traces are too compelling to just let them go uninspected.

Normally I would try to get more academic assistance, but the area is unsecured, possibly hostile, and I am not sure I want to see the site become common knowledge.

I will gladly provide transport and living expenses, as well as making sure proper equipment is available.

Pendragon, I would apreciate it if you would contact me on this one, I have a few questions, that you may be able to answer, I dont know how relevant they are yet.

Also I would like to collaborate with any of you with an anthropology, or archeology background with familiarity of the region, just wanting to check a few details.
kalle

Post by kalle »

I will go. The terms of my contract are complete. I am freelance again.

Only recently I learn the Anthropolgy, but I can help with the site security if I cannot help with the science.
в темноте
Prof. Rosecrest

Post by Prof. Rosecrest »

Well as soon as we get a handle on a few things here I would like to maybe tag along.
Just need to figure out what is going on in Hannah's head at the moment.
You can find answers in the Dark places.
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

I am shooting for arrival on site on the 19th of this month, and a full mapping, with confirmation or denial of a possible dig by the 22nd.
kalle

Post by kalle »

Sounds good to me.
в темноте
Logos

Post by Logos »

I've got some time before my captain wants me back in for a psychiatric examination, and I do have some cash saved back in my account, so I don't have to rush back JUST yet... Sure, what the hell, I look forward to seeing you again, Kei.
Put everything into what you're doing, use everything you've got, or I'm afraid you won't live to regret it.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Happy excavatin'
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

Only if we are lucky, and the sight is there. but these anomolous images are just too close to exactly the same signs a modern civilization leaves, that they cannot go uninvestigated.

There is also teh consideration that the location does fit the described location of a Babylonian "city of eternal night" rumored to be the dwelling of "the gods that were men".

If the cross reference is accurate, there may be some truely interesting thing to find there.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Before Karlash drafted me into this war, I was an anthropology student. Not to mention that my own search is leading me in that general direction. Shoot me a PM with the details and i'll see what I can work out.

Logos, if you need money, i'd be more than happy to let you borrow some.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Logos

Post by Logos »

Thanks, Ghost, but as I said, I'm fine for right now.
Put everything into what you're doing, use everything you've got, or I'm afraid you won't live to regret it.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Iraq, huh? I will not be going there ever.... again.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Way things are going here, some of us in this country might not get a choice.

But at least they'll go well armed.

Delta Sierra
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

I have a charter arranged, we will be flying to Khazakstan to switch craft, then in a cargo plane that will be transporting us and our equipment.

If everyone will let me know where to send the tickets to reach Chicago, we leave in two days out of O'Hare.

Kalle, Logos, Ghostspider, anyone else?
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

I'm in Italy right now Kei, so if you send me the location of the dig site, I can meet you there.

WWVLD
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

I will have a flight ready for you on the night of the 18th, to take you to khazakstan where we are meeting our equipment. Not posting the airfield till we take off from there, I would not like anyone to jump my find till I at least have more information about it.

In on the 19th, map and search till the 26th, then I will know if I have enough to warrant a full dig and investigation, as well as the information to know if that is prudent or not.

Kalle, I have a contract drawn up for you. $10,000.00 for a 15 year NDA along with a 30 year exclusivity clause regarding your actions and the site, nor bad for what may be a bust, but you will have to forgive me for wanting it in writing that everything that gets removed goes through proper process.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Kei, how much cargo space will this plane have. I just came into the possesion of some rather valuable materials that I need to take with me.

WWVLD
kalle

Post by kalle »

Kei Nakamura wrote:Kalle, I have a contract drawn up for you. $10,000.00 for a 15 year NDA along with a 30 year exclusivity clause regarding your actions and the site, nor bad for what may be a bust, but you will have to forgive me for wanting it in writing that everything that gets removed goes through proper process.

Ok Kei.
в темноте
Rain

Post by Rain »

Kei if you are not adverse Athena, and I would like to join in on this little jaunt.
Both of us are L.E.O.s, C.S.I. trained and have other talents of a less normal bent.
Well?
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

:? You sure about this sis?
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

I will be quite glad to have you along, Any of you skilled with small arms? if so which ones, I cannot promise anything on site security other than some advance warning, so better safe than sorry. I will handle the import of the equipment, as long as the budget isn't too overboard.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Both Rain, and Athena are very skilled with small arms. If you have any concerns about site security I can send a one or two other people for just that?
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

One or two more? This is a warzone - if it goes down, you'll need more than a couple of hired guns to get by. There are plenty of PMCs already operating in the area - I suggest you set up a contract with one of them.

Delta Sierra
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Actually I know some people, that I trust who would be more than willing to do site security, if I asked. Heck I would arrange for their payment.
Kei if you are willing I can have them meet you on site? They are all spec op trained, they are in the region, and this would not be the first time that they have worked security on a dig site.
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

Site security shouldn't be an issue, the only reason I took the evacuation precautions is that the area is a conflict zone, so I tought it would be prudent.

As for hireing a private security company to do the job, the only ones I would trust are outside of this project's budget - unless we find something, at which point it is no longer a site verification trip, and gets a much larger budget.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

I can cover the fee for you if need be, but if you feel to many people getting involved could still draw unwanted attention. I can limit things to provideing only a few other people from my own team or one of the other teams I work with.
Hopefully you will not need heavey fire power, but you can have it availabe if you need it.
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

Not needed, as I said, since we have a nice small group we should be able to avoid any major problems.

Have some clothing that some of the other ladies might not like, but the robes and veil are actually very excelent at keeping cool, offer amazing mobility, and you can hide almost anything smaller than yourself in the folds.

Have some turbans and light robes for the gentlemen as well. Not saying that anyone has to wear the stuff, but I have found that if you are in an extreme environment it never hurts to pattern your dress after the local indigenous people.
Rain

Post by Rain »

I can deal with that I guess, as can Athena.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Again, this is Iraq - if any side mistakes you for being on the other side, they will come after you as hard as they can at the momment.

A small number of guards isn't goign to keep you safe.

Delta Sierra
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

I think I just found a solution to the security problem. Going to require some more study though.

WWVLD
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

I think I understand what Kei is thinking, to many people and you run the risk of attracting attention you don't want. It is easier to get in with a smaller group without drawing attention.
This does not mean I am thrilled with the idea thou.
Ghost what have you got, if you need anything for it i may be able to help out?