Talking dolls and missing persons.

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
Colt47

Talking dolls and missing persons.

Post by Colt47 »

Hello everyone, I'm a bit new to this whole thing of supernatural creatures lurking around and it doesn't help that now I'm into this I can't go to local authorities or anything without being called a lunatic.

Recently, a few kids have started to go missing over in the local tree lot near Scott School. The school is only a few blocks away from my house so I went over to investigate, and while I was in there it didn't feel like a tree lot. Everything seemed to get a little darker and meaner when I went in. I didn't find anything when I went into the lot. In fact, I didn't even hear a single bird chirp. The police assured me they searched it already and have found no trace of the missing children themselves.

Well here is the part that is getting to me: ever since I went into that woods there has been a doll. You know, like those old plastic ones with the eyes that can open and close and the moving legs and arms. It's been showing up in the strangest places. The thing is dirty, beat up, and looks like it is dieing from neglect.

The first place I found it was at the bench outside of the woodlot next to the playground. I didn't think much of it then since it was just sort of sitting there on the bench facing the swings and anyone could have left it. That was three days ago. Then the next day while I was pulling out to turn in a job application at the local Subway I saw the same doll at the basket ball hoop next to my neighbors house. Again, I just thought it was coincidence and left it alone. Yesterday I began to worry, though, as the same doll ended up sitting on the porch of my house. I took the doll and drove over to the school and threw it into the trash bin. A big metal one mind you, yet that didn't stop it from somehow appearing today this morning in my shower stall.

Any of you experts have any idea what is going on? Am I losing my mind? I know I threw the thing away so there is no way that it can be in my stall, right?

And if it is real, how do I get rid of it? All I did was try to be a good member of the community and try to help find some missing children.

P.S. Sorry if this sounds a bit jumbled and rushed.
kalle

Post by kalle »

You need the psychics to scan the doll and the forest.
в темноте
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

I have dealt with creatures that took the shape of dolls and stuffed animals once, but it doesn't sound like what you are dealing with. As Kalle suggested someone with talents like my own could tell if there was an evil vibe about the doll.

I am sure that you can locate someone closer to you that could do so, but if you cannot I will be willing to make the trip to help.
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide
Rain

Post by Rain »

I would Like to help but I am still dealing with somethings.
DarKnyht if you go and check on this, and need help I will see if there is anything I can do.
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

If there is a real local psychic or mystic in the area, they could get him the help he might need quicker. However if that is not the case and Colt is willing to send me the information on how to get to him, I will head in that direction.

Hopefully we will hear from him soon, and he will have some good news.
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide
Colt47

Post by Colt47 »

Ok, I've found out a bit more about this doll. No one else can seem to see the doll. No one. I was carrying the thing out to the post box with me and my neighbor greeted me normally. He's not the kind of guy to not ask about why I am holding a doll and taking it out with me. I might have to give you guys my location as finding a local psychic might be a problem. I am kind of new at this.

It is also whispering to me. I can't hear what it is saying, but I got a feeling it isn't good.

Am I losing my mind?

I'll try getting some sleep. I got some disposable ear plugs so hopefully that will block out the whispering. For tonight, I think I'll keep my shotgun with me. Had it custom made for hunting in a HALO configuration. Fully automatic with a 10 round magazine.
Prof. Rosecrest

Post by Prof. Rosecrest »

If the Doll is in some way a true Supernatural Phenomenon, your earplugs may not be of much use.
As for the Shotgun, I don't know. But I will ask do you live alone? Because if you don't, and you are dealing with that kind of Paranioa, you could hurt someone you care about.
I wonder if this doll could be holding a Syphon type of Entity?
You can find answers in the Dark places.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

I will be there today at about noon, I'll PM for specific location later and to give a description of myself. I am also going to go check on Scotty today as well.

Michael T.
Beware the monster within, least it escape and take over your life.
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

I've done quite a bit of study on ghosts and the like because of my talents, and a Syphon Entities normally inhabit normal items. They want to be seen and interacted with, and I have never heard of one that could move on it's own. But then, there is always the chance that this might be a new trick for the simple creatures.

What exactly are you hearing that no one else can? Is it suggestions to do harmful or hateful things?
Colt47

Post by Colt47 »

I didn't sleep too well last night. Those earplugs did absolutely nothing to stop the infernal whispering that doll was doing. However, I usually slept with white noise in the background: a mini-turbo fan running in the background, the electric hum of all of my out of date electric clocks and gear, etc.

I don't want to think about what that doll was whispering to me. It was telling me all kinds of things. Things about human anatomy... Well, I don't have the heart to put the kinds of things it was saying up here on this board. In the end it was like listening to a combination of tortured screams and a anatomy class out of hell.

This morning though, I've made sure that doll can't go anywhere. Currently, I've mummified it with five rolls of duct tape, put it in a garbage bag, and hung it from my ceiling fan using some coat hangers and a bit of old hemp rope I normally use to tie stuff down to my clunker of a car. It's a bit of a grizzly ornament, but it will do.

And thanks Michael I'll be waiting for you.
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

I am on my way and should be there tonight. If possible, try to get some distance between it and you. Try putting it in a circle of salt since demons cannot cross an unbroken circle. Something of ancient lore I've picked up along the way.
Colt47

Post by Colt47 »

I think whatever killed the kids is after me now. I've put the doll in a circle of salt like Dark suggested (I'm still keeping it duct taped and in the plastic garbage bag). about 30 minutes after doing this something started trying to claw at my door. I tried to go out the back, but when I got to the door and opened it I found the missing kids. What was left of them anyway. I'm telling you it was like something out of freaking The Grudge or Ringo. I managed to knock them over and then lock the door.

Oh yeah, and my neighbor? Oh my happy neighbor just smiled and waved at me when I looked out my second story window, only to find my house is surrounded by these crazy things. counting the three that are at the back door, I saw at least 6 or 7 kid things walking around out there. They don't look strong, but I'm telling you that the one that grabbed me at the back door could have wrenched my arm out of it's socket if my shirt didn't give way first.

Whenever you two get here, watch your backs. Also, make sure you ring the door bell once and then knock three times. Count to five after you ring the door bell before knocking. The little things have tried to pull those tricks already.
Logos

Post by Logos »

I dunno anything about what you're talking about, I'm fairly new to the scene too, and frankly I've got my own things to be dealing with right now, but... I hope that it IS just you being psychotic, for your own safety, it sounds like whatever you're up against is pretty nasty.
Put everything into what you're doing, use everything you've got, or I'm afraid you won't live to regret it.
The Gentleman

Post by The Gentleman »

Try creating a ring of salt around yourself. Iron too if you can manage it. A extra ring of iron rarely hurts.
"When a stranger arrives in the city, he should send his card, with directions, to those whom he expects to call upon him."
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

I am afraid that I will be a little delayed getting to you. Thankfully my sat card for my laptop is getting a signal right now so I can get this posted.

I had just passed the School you have been talking about, when I got a bad vibe. It was like something was directly behind me. The hairs on the back of my neck started to rise and that now familiar feeling of wrongness crept up my spine. I started to glance around for the cause, but it was when I finally glanced into the rear view mirror that things went bad.

That is when the fun really started. There was a thump on the roof right before the tires exploded, and I mean all four tires. Thankfully I was able to keep some control of the car and avoided injuring anyone else on the road. However, my car is going to need some work now. The officer on the scene was amazed that I wasn't more seriously injured.

Anyways, the tow truck is here, along with my cab. I am going to get myself a checked out at the hospital (my neck is quite sore) and get a rental. Once that happens I will be headed in your direction again.

I think it goes without saying that all three of us need to be extremely careful.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Well Darknyht was a bit out of it after the accident and did'nt notice I was the one that was involed with him. I can't blame him accidents are hard on the body, I was heading in tho see Colt47 and got to the school he mentioned when I spotted a car swerving around on at least two flats with a trench coat wearing figure on the roof. After a few seconds the figure vanished in, but not before the coat billowed up and reveled a vaugely humanoid form, it was a mottled green and brown. I would have casty a see invisible if I had time, but a car accident is not a leisurely event. I had a motorcycle in the lane to my right so I could'nt move over to avoid the impending head on. I managed to brake and swerve just enough to avoid a direct head on, the white Caprice tore down the driver's side of my car and set off my side air bags. Probably why I was not hurt in the incident.

I got out and cast a minor heal on myself to be sure there were no hidden injuries and went to the other car, just as Darknyht stepped out and began making a phone call to a tow truck and police. the police arrived in a few minutes and I was detained making statements and going oveer the accident with them a half dozen times. I refused to press any charges as I could point to the four flats on Dark's car and stated I would not fault any one for the accident with that under them. I headed to the hospitle to meet up with Dark and had a rental delivered to us there. I am going to be the one driving for the next few days as Dark is under instructions not to. We are heading to Colt's now, I will post more later or Dark will.

Michael T.
Prof. Rosecrest

Post by Prof. Rosecrest »

Glad to hear you are both ok, if you need any help even if only research, let me know.
Whatever you saw would put a damper on my idea of a Syphon Entity. Any extra details you find please tell us I am already looking into what you may be dealing with.
You can find answers in the Dark places.
Colt47

Post by Colt47 »

I heard the car accident through my window. Man though, I need to turn on the Air Conditioner. 94 degrees isn't exactly a pleasant day.

Those Kids seemed to have left, but not before breaking into my first floor computer room and taking the doll with them. The salt didn't do much of anything to them and now my house is a wreck. I don't know why no one else can see them, but my neighbors two dogs were barking at them as they ran past.

I'm assuming you guys were taken to the Glen Ellyn Hospital. That's the closest hospital to my place: around ten to fifteen miles by my estimate.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

I managed to get a look around in the woods near the playground, there is something here. I can feel it, but it is hiding well. I am not sure what it is yet but I belive I saw one of the children Colt described but could not get close enough to check it out. I hope my other alf is doing better in Scotty's area, I am going to get some breakfast then check in with Darknyht. He may be able to home in on this thing easier than my magic can.

Michael T.
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

My head is splitting from the accident this morning, but the medication should dull the pain quickly. Michael offered to heal my wounds, but I believe they serve as a reminder of the danger we are facing here. For the most part I am fine, although I am a bit slower than usual.

I heard from the auto shop today. The car isn't a total loss, but after the repairs I probably might as well bought a new one. They still do not have a real explanation for why all four tires went flat, but I didn't really expect one. Right now the official ruling is that it was just a one-in-a-million freak accident involving glass or metal on the road.

Anyways, once I finish up breakfast I will join Michael for a walk in those woods. I didn't see the creature on the roof of the car, but I felt him. I think we also need to head over and check on Colt today. While I don't have the skill one of my old friends had for locating things, I want to be sure that there is nothing else hiding in his home.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I hate it when this stuff messes with kids.

Even when the kids ain't mind I take it sorta . . . personal.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

I know a lot has been going on, but how did the walk in the woods go?
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Michael, DK you guys alright? Give us a yell so that we know you are still with us.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Yeah, an update would be good.

Delta Sierra
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

We are okay phsyically. Emptionally and to an extent mentally a bit shaken. We headed over to the park to see if Dark could sense anything out of the norm, as we got to the park we saw two police cruisers and an ambulance in front of the wooded lot next to the park. An officer motioned us to stop as he saw my turn signal to the park.

"Sorry you can't head in there right now, park's closed for the time being." he said after I rolled my window down.

I could smell an oder most of us dread catching in the air, the smell of a rotting body. The officer was still talking to us about the reasons we could'nt head in to the park and mentioned that the media was going to be arriving soon. A reason not to stay unless we wanted to be on TV, I'll leave my opinions on the media unsaid. Shouts got our attention to the wooded area as two more officers and three EMT came out with two stretchers. There were body bags on them and the forms were very small, some of the children Colt47 mentioned in his earlier postings.

"We need a few more ambulances and people to get them all out, I count at least twenty back there. A few have been there for some time." came one of the EMT's call to the officer we were talking to.

"As you see we have to get alot of things done before the public tries to get to the scene. I would head out if you don't want to be here when the circus starts after the news crews get set up." he said heading to the others.

I could see the mans pain with out any need of magic or other paranormal senses, he was going to be a mess before this one ended. I just hope he does not have a little one missing.

So currently the area is cordened off and under posted guards from most major law enforcement agencies, I hope what ever is in there has not moved. I will be sneaking inm for a look around after I prep some spells for stealth and to boost my senses. And I agree with Ron and anyone else who siad this:
"I hate it when they go after childeren,"

Michael T.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Take care and get payback.

Delta Sierra
Thomas Sheldon

Post by Thomas Sheldon »

Can I shoot it? If it has a body, my long gun will do the job, at least once I know what to shoot at it.

Gots me a '69 sharp's breech loader, a full length scope (only x3 power, but at least it is clear), chambered for .68 caliber. Against non locals, I find that the right kind of minnie ball out of gramp's old service/hunting rifle works better than any high caliber AP round on the market.
Good redeems it's own - Evil feeds upon it's self, lets make sure that the strongest arent the suvivors after meal time eh?
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

For similar reasons why I prefer a 12 guage I presume, maximum disruption around the wound channel, greater flexibility for special materials and construction.

Delta Sierra
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Ron it sounds like you and Mr. Sheldon could compare notes in a friendly manner?
Michael, DK what is the latest?
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Well I went back last night to look around, the thing attacked me. I was wandering through the area the police had cordened off when I spotted a old toy partially buried in the ground near one of the outlines. I slowly moved over to it and let my enhanced senses expand, there was something near by. An almost evil tasting aura, and a feeling of hunger, a soft voice echoed in my head.

"You have more life than even the small ones, you will be a fine meal." came the seductive voice.

A wave of drowsiness washed me, I instictively activated one of my charms to stop the intrusion of my mind. I guess that was not amusing to this thing, a recently fallen tree branch the size of a large dog in diameter leapped at me and knocked me flat. The armor spell prevent me from getting hurt, but I now had a couple hundred pounds of wood on my chest. I was slowly working the limb down my body when all manner of objects began being hurled at me. I caught a glimps of the thing coming at me from the direction my head was faceing. I cut loose with a flame bolt to try and buy a few minute to get free.

"Later human, we will meet later." came the mental voice once again.

At the that the thing lept to a tree branch to watch, and flashlights lite up where I was laying. Our local LEOs had arrived, I was ordered to lay still and keep my hands out in view. I did as ordered and waited, I changed my apperance with a spell to look very non descript, the kind of person people forget almost immediately. The moment the branch was lifted I teleported back to my hotel room. I hated to do that but I did not need to spend time locked up, and the officers will write it off as a trick most likely. I dropped a flash and smoke pellet like a stage magian uses to vanish before I ported out. I think the officers will assume I bolted in the smoke and flash.

I am heading to the library to meet with Dark to do some research, the toy I found was an old one. I had one growing up and it is no longer made, so that dates it to at least thirty years old. It may be a coincidence, but right now the LEOs are going to crawling all over that area again for a day or two. They already have release a composite of what I looked like last night. This thing is good, and a powerful psychic to hurl that large limb at me. The limb was at least two hundred and fifty pounds, and it moved fast when it was hurled.

Michael T.