My Pa

A place to seek help, or to offer services, dealing with the paranormal.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Shut up Belladrox, before someone decides you are worth the effort to remove from Konrad, and then destroyed.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Or they weigh the balance and skip a step.

Logos, I've spent more or less the last 3 months doing that.

While I did, people died.

People I might have been able to save.

I can't sit around any longer.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Logos

Post by Logos »

well then, we need to find someone who can protect Hannah while you're out saving the day. She's a tough girl, but she's still a kid. Ron, the thing is, you can't be everywhere, and you can't do everything. You've got a conflict, Ron, and until you've fixed this conflict, a child will suffer. I can respect your sense of duty, but your priorities are all screwed up. A misdirected sense of duty can be worse than being blind. Ron, I'm no psychiatrist, but I think YOU'RE the one twisting the knife, worsening your daughter's emotional state.
Put everything into what you're doing, use everything you've got, or I'm afraid you won't live to regret it.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

GhostSpider wrote:Summer Solstice. Damn, almost forgot about that one.

I have not little mortal. I have not. :twisted:

Hey, yeah, that's a great idea! I could use the energies from that day to get rid of your headache, Konrad!

What'cha think?
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Unfortunately, my little headache is here to stay for awhile. I need certain objects to remove him, and they unfortunately are not easy to find. However, that's why I'm in Italy. I know of a great library nearby, and I was hoping I could check out a few books. I appreciate the offer though. However, maybe we can discuss some form or way of shutting him the hell up.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

That may be do-able... Fire me a PM. Tell me what's going on. I'd need to know what kind of entity he is, exactly... Need to know what makes him tick, and what kinds of items you'd need for him to be surgically removed. If I know that, I can learn a great deal about him from there, and sealing him away could then possibly be achieved...
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Logos, I know I probably ride the bottom edge of what may be considered a fit parent.

I also know that the alternative for her is far worse than what I am doing.

As for her continued contact with the Society - for now, eveyrone she knows in the outside world is a part of the Society - so cutting her off from that would be a far crueller fate. Hopefully, when I can get her into school this fall, she'll start to make more normalized friends.

As for proctecting her, I'm doing that the best way I know how - taking the fight to the other guy first.

Delta Sierra
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

So what are you going to do for career day Ron? It's not llke hunting supnats is a normal career.

WWVLD
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Everyone,

I suppose I should explain the thing about the cup.

I knocked it off the table when I was clearin' the dishes. It broke and threw glass everywhere.

I tried ta clean it up fast before Pa found out, but he's got good ears and was there before I finsihed cleanin' up the mess.

"Are you alright?"

I nodded and tried to look as small as I could.

"What happened?"

I flinched, knowing what would happen when I told. "I knocked the cup off the table, I'm a stupid and clumsy girl and need to be punished."

Pa looked me up and down, I waited for what would come next.

"Did you mean to knock it off the table?"

"No."

"Then it was an accident. Be more careful next time and make sure not to cut yourself cleaning up the broken glass."

I was too shocked for words. He didn't scream and yell, he didn't beat me or lock me in the closet, he didn't tell me that the Lord hates disobedient children . . . he didn't do any of the stuff other Pa did.

All I could do was just run ta hug him and cry.

My Pa is the best father in the world, even if he does hafta go away on buisness a lot he still cares for me and treats me with respect and lets me be myself.

Hannah

PS: We had a great father's daya t the Zoo too.
I will be who I chose to be.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

That's great Hannah :D

Ron, you go about it the best way you can. So long as you don't mind a pointed question now and again from her concerned Aunts and Uncles :wink:
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

GhostSpider wrote:So what are you going to do for career day Ron? It's not llke hunting supnats is a normal career.

I do own and operate a store.

Delta Sierra
Thomas Sheldon

Post by Thomas Sheldon »

Your a lucky man, kiddo, real lucky. Sounds like you done a bang up job so far too.
Good redeems it's own - Evil feeds upon it's self, lets make sure that the strongest arent the suvivors after meal time eh?
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

Hannah, you don't even know how great you have it. The rest of you, forget it.
You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings
You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means

Everything that you feel
Is everything that I feel
So when we dream
We shout....
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I got the same sort of treatment growing up as she did and I know how messed up I was when I started having to make decisions for myeslf . . . can't do the same thing to her.

Can't hurt any child.

Delta Sierra
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

concrete_Angel wrote:Hannah, you don't even know how great you have it. The rest of you, forget it.

Hi Concrete Angel

Yes I know exactly how great I got it now.

I spent 13 years without my real Pa. I didn't even know he was my real Pa until this year.

I lived in a place where I had ta be scared of any grown up . . . well not my Ma, she was wonderful . . . the whole compound was in charge of raising all the children, and htey all beleived in the same approach. So it wouldn't have mattered if it had been my uncle or my cousin, they all woulda done the same thing.

But Pa . . . he trusts me and he lets me be me and all these other wodnerful things that never happened before.

I spend a lot fo time crying because it makes me so happy.

Hannah

PS: I miss my family in the compound - but I don't want to go back, ever.
I will be who I chose to be.
Thomas Sheldon

Post by Thomas Sheldon »

Don't know what to call that feelin you got there little one, but don't lose it. Reminds of why some of the things I have done were worthwhile.
Good redeems it's own - Evil feeds upon it's self, lets make sure that the strongest arent the suvivors after meal time eh?
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Thomas Sheldon wrote:Don't know what to call that feelin you got there little one, but don't lose it. Reminds of why some of the things I have done were worthwhile.

Heh, it's called "love" and "joy"... One of the many varied levels of combinations of the two, mixed into one.

I can say that I relate to that exact same emotion, though I'm not sure whether or not I can relate to the level of intensity she's experiencing...

Hannah, Thomas is right. Don't ever lose that feeling.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

I can't remember when I last truly felt that way.

WWVLD
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

She has ways of totally tripping me up sometimes.

I'll come home and she's made a card for me or has dinner ready to go and I have to pend some time reminding myselfthat I'm awake.

Delta Sierra
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Hehe, I totally know how that feels... Lex called me up at work a few weeks ago to tell me that Julian had used the bars of his crib to pull himself up into a standing position. ^_^

Of course, after that, we had to lower the level of his mattress so he couldn't go toppling over the side... Fortunately, thanks to the hyperactive puppy of doom, we'd already invested in baby gates, and one is currently blocking him from leaving his room.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Evil hyperactive puppies of doom . . . Where's my shotgun.

Just Kidding!

It's always in reach.

Delta Sierra
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

That sounds like some progressive rock band.
You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings
You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means

Everything that you feel
Is everything that I feel
So when we dream
We shout....
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

*chuckles* Despite everything we fight against, puppies and babies are still the two most destructive forces known to man...and I have one of each in my home. Gods help us all. XD
Prof. Rosecrest

Post by Prof. Rosecrest »

Could be worse. You could have a triple play going and have a Kitten as well. :twisted:
You can find answers in the Dark places.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Prof. Rosecrest wrote:Could be worse. You could have a triple play going and have a Kitten as well. :twisted:

Oh, rub it in whydontcha... ^^; I want a cat, but no, my brother-in-law and my mother are both allergic...so I have to wait until we have a bigger house, and the cat can have a part of the house all to itself, and my allergic relatives don't have to get exposed when they visit...
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Hmm maybe we can find one of Mr. Fluffer's Progeny for you when the time comes. :lol:
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Just look for the little kittens that are ugly as sin.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Hey, he was probably a handsome cat, once . . . he just comes froma rough neighbourhood.

Delta Sierra
Logos

Post by Logos »

way to make me feel like the evil interloper here, Hannah... Just joking, and maybe I was getting into business that wasn't my own. Ron, I'm sure you're doing a great job, sorry that I got in your way, I'm sure I'll understand if I was a parent, yadda yadda.. . . It's clear that no one thinks that exposure to this stuff is unhealthy for children, so I'll just leave it alone for now.
Put everything into what you're doing, use everything you've got, or I'm afraid you won't live to regret it.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Do I want her exposed to this stuff? No.

Is thre anybody in the outside world Hannah knows who isn't involved with these boards in some way shape or form? Not really.

Am I a good parent? I don't know, but I'll do my best to be better than what I took her from.

Delta Sierra