Italian Job.

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
Shadowstalker

Italian Job.

Post by Shadowstalker »

Not long after I left Russia with Zack, Logos, Michael T, and the rest of my people we found ourselves in Italy. Sicily to be exact, we were fallowing the information Dele Morte had supplied to Logos. It was leading us to The Obertine Monastary.
I had arranged for cars to get us there from the airstrip we had landed on, to where we would find J.Dark. Michael was coming along after reveiwing the ritual Morte had suplied and stating it was as advertised.
Everyone geared up from the armories on the planes. We piled into the cars and were off. It was a race against time. When we got there it was still in the several hours to dawn.
We checked out the situation, and it was worse than I had feared. Voice had set a veritable army to defend Jeramiah Dark. I now understood what Ghost had ment when he spoke of a trap.
Michael, my team and I decided we would need more help to deal with this, so we were going to pull back and call in help.
But Logos wanted to end J Dark then and there she didn't want to wait, and that is where things went bad.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Logos

Post by Logos »

I couldn't have Jeremiah coming back, and I knew that he'd be restored in no time flat. I didn't think I could take them all, but it didn't matter right then. It probably would have worked out well, if I could have kept it together... Right after stepping into view of the building I was hit with what they keep calling a mind-storm. This was my second, and it was worse than the first one I had. It was absolutely... debilitating, I couldn't focus on anything! I suddenly knew that I'd been spotted when I started hearing shouts, but there wasn't much I could do, because the "mind-storm" left me disoriented. I looked and saw a group of cultists running at me, and I knew that until I was calmed down enough to focus, I couldn't take them all on, so I stumbled back towards where everyone else was waiting, hearing the shouts get closer and closer... These powers are supposed to benefit me, not cripple me when I need my senses the most!
Put everything into what you're doing, use everything you've got, or I'm afraid you won't live to regret it.
kalle

Post by kalle »

Logos, hi,

It not the powers that crippled you.
в темноте
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

Logos, I have had similar before. Normally it is a sign something very big and powerful is nearby. Even after months of training, they still happen from time to time. I think that might have been what hit me last night along the interstate.
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Yeah you could say what we were looking at was very big and Powerful. Besides the small army of cultist we observered at least 8 Gargoyles with the chance of there being a few more, was also able to pick out severl other demonic auras. And a few of them were of a greater type.
Athena, and Mask were also effected by the proximity to these beings, thou not as bad as Logos was. As she bolted to try and get to JD she started to convulse, Zack who had been right behind her caught her but almost droped her as she collapsed. Hammer and I were not far behind and saw the cultists.
They were approching with a weapons ready, and trying to call out an alarm. We took them down with sound suppresed SMGs, they fell quickly but had still made enough noise to alert others. Zack carried Logos back to our cars. Hammer, Michael, and I tried to discouaged pusuit. Gale and Dusk assited Athena and Mask back to the cars as well.
As I said things didn't go well.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Damnit, I told you guys to wait for me.

I'm all rested up now, where are you guys?
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Oh sure! The one time I could really help and I'm not there.

Its the human variety of monster I specialize in.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Logos

Post by Logos »

I'm... well, I'll make sure something like this doesn't happen again. If I can't even trust my own brain not to crap out on me when I need it most, then I definitely can't go off and work independantly of others. I just thought that with these... I thought I had it under control.
Put everything into what you're doing, use everything you've got, or I'm afraid you won't live to regret it.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

At least you get a warning, I'm stuck with Mark I Eyeball.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Bert, Ghost I wish you had been there. Then maybe things would have gone better than they did.
Logos you were not the only one that was effected, thou Athena and Mask were not effected as baddly as you were but they were effected all the same. It is something that with experiance should have less effect on you.
Obviously we were able to get away, before a organized chase could ensue.
Bert_the_Turtle

That's one good thing.

I'm not psychic at all so I shouldn't be open to that sort of problem.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

I am Bert, but it doesn't effect me that way either. It is an odd effect that that is particular to Latent Psi's. Case's in point Logos, Athena, and Mask.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Honestly Shadow, at the time I wouldn't have been much help to you. I was still recovering from my "episode" in Russia, and the emergency teleport to Finland.

I'm not psychic at all so I shouldn't be open to that sort of problem.

Yeah Bert, I used to be the same way. Now though, I do seem to be developing psychic abilities, though whether they're my own or Belladrox's is a good question.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
kalle

Post by kalle »

I heard of success with the hypnotherapy and the logotherapy. These address the source of the mind storm. Other therapies maybe successful, too. We all different, so different strategies sometimes necessary.
в темноте
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

To say I am displeased with having to run is an understatment, I relize we were not going to win that one. This does not make it easier to swallow running for me. I think I atleast fried a few gargoyles and maybe a demon, I know several cultist will never be a problem again. I think it might be time to call in a favor from an old friend to balance the scales, Shadow PM me and I'll explain my ideas. Maybe we can come up with as iron clad a plan as possible.

Michael T.
Beware the monster within, least it escape and take over your life.
Logos

Post by Logos »

What I was doing was a tactical retreat, I didn't plan on STAYING GONE! Why'd you hold me!? We - all of us - could have taken them! Instead we ran away, and let Jeremiah... He's back, and it's because WE didn't try hard enough. I just wanted to hang back until I was able to focus better, but we ran away.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Logos we can deal with J dork at anytime, I have a few ideas from the incantation that Del Morte provided. A retreat is not a bad idea when faceing what we were. I have defeated a single greater demon alone before, I have no desire to face a dozen or so gargoyles, about the same number of lesser demons And at least three greater demons. This doesn't include the cultist.

Paticience we will deal J dork his final hand in this game soon.

Michael T.
Beware the monster within, least it escape and take over your life.
Logos

Post by Logos »

"WE" might not get another chance.
Holister

Post by Holister »

You want Dark all to your lonesome to do him one between the eyes, you are going to need to bring him to you. To do that, you need the right bait.

Consider this a gift to both you and Zack;

"Hey Jeremiah, I ain't dead yet. You call yourself a god, I have had nail clippings with more of a sense of accomplishment then you.

By the way Dark, sorry to hear about your last body. Guess you should't sit so close to the TV, I hear that sort of thing can kill ya'."

And now the fun begins.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Yeah Ben!

Not that Dark will come after ya'll, after all he's scared of little girls.

Hannah

PS: Nanna-nanna-boo-boo Dark!
I will be who I chose to be.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Yes, Hannah and I are going to have a talk about provoking the sociopaths.

Delta Sierra
Holister

Post by Holister »

Haha...you do that Ron. Can't let Dark get too distracted. His mind is too little to wander out on its own.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Koralth

Post by Koralth »

Please, just stop provoking him!
"God, I know you say you love all of your children equally, but you don't, do ya? I'm on to you, big guy." Dr. Percival Cox
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Ben, you shouldn't set yourself up like that - took a lot of willpower not to go after a line like that.

Anyway, I won't make any particular effort to provoke Dark, but if he shows, I won't hesitate in putting him down either.

Delta Sierra
Holister

Post by Holister »

You are the most washed up, sorry sack off shit I have ever had the disprivalage of knowing Jerry.
Seriously, you go after second stringers cause you know I will hand your ass to you on a silver platter with a parsley sprig.

You call yourself a god, :roll: Duke is more divine than you. At least dog is god spelled backwards.

I will be waiting for you jackass Jerry, I hope you don't get lost along the way.
Koralth

Post by Koralth »

Ben, don't... You probably know more than I do *ahem* what he's capable of, but I know that he can do a lot... You're setting yourself up for some deep heartbreak, Ben, don't *ahem* do that when you've got someone that depends on you...
"God, I know you say you love all of your children equally, but you don't, do ya? I'm on to you, big guy." Dr. Percival Cox
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

There is a method to his usual madness.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

At least Duke came back to life. We just haven't managed to kill the other son of a bitch yet.
Jeremiah Dark

Post by Jeremiah Dark »

"YOU'RE DEAD HOLISTER! You hear me, YOU'RE DEAD!!!

You have a death wish don't you. I was to save your ass for later, but FUCK THAT!!!

Screw Dym, screw the pig and his whore, I AM COMING FOR YOU HOLISTER!!!

YOU HEAR ME!!!

I am gonna kill you slow just to watch you die in fucking agony...

YOU ARE DEAD!!!
"Born Of Lust; Dust To Dust. Born In Sin; Come On In."
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Ain't nobody I know of better at aggrivating people than Ben.

At least this time it's a good thing.

Oh, Dark Voice . . . I think the honeymoon is over.

Delta Sierra