A card

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Ron Caliburn

A card

Post by Ron Caliburn »

So when I woke up this morning, through the mail slot had been slid a card addressed to me.

Once I had checked it to make sure it was safe, inside there was a get well card wishing me a speedy recovery for my jaw. Inside the getwell card was another little card from a fellow called The Gentelman.

Apparently he was inviting me to stop by and see him sometime at the Burr and Thistle.

The Burr and Thistle is an old pub and inn dating back to colonial times. It sits near the middle of the Blight. Back in the 80's some developer bought it and a sizable chunk of the Blight with the inention of building some condos. The local historical socities went beserk and used all the political weight they could to get the Burr and Thistle declared a historic landmrk that had to be preserved.

Unable to demolish the place and go ahead with his plans, the developer went bankrupt soon afterwards and abandoneded all the properties he bought. In many ways, this is what caused the Blight to form.

The Burr and Thistle still stands and, even though it was abandioned, it is actually in pretty good shape. The local thugs and what not stay out of the place, the rumour on the stret is it's haunted. That was true at one point, but I took care of the situation a few years back.

Seems we have a new tennant.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Something to check on I guess? Thou you are the second person to get an invatation from this "Gentleman", I am wondering what his intentions are?
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

The Gentleman huh. Be careful Ron.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Anybody got any information on this guy?

I'm almost ready to start patrolling again, so perhaps I'll add the Burr and Thistle to my next pass.

Delta Sierra
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

I've got nuthin'...
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Holister

Post by Holister »

As much as I would to see some back alley spook throw you through a brick wall Ron, you shouldn't be out there patroling alone anymore.

You have Hannah to think about, and with all that has been happening lately, it just sounds like bad idea. Its only a matter of time before these idiots get the notio in their head to attack us one at a time in unison.

Hell, if Hannah didn't show up to bail your sorry ass out, Nightmare and Jeremiah would have added you to the List of The Fallen.

For Hannah's sake, if not your own, don't go back out there alone.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I'll have Mr. Fluffers with me.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Soooo, if they happen to field an army of eligible she-cats he'll have the battle all locked up.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

He does quite well in more martial endeavours.

Delta Sierra
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

I can vouch for that, scrappy little critter to be sure.
Bert_the_Turtle

Yeah. I know what kind of exercise he does to stay limber :lol:
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Your just jealous because there's somethign in the world getting mor action with the ladies than you.

Delta Sierra
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

WWVLD
Bert_the_Turtle

I'll trade all the meaningless sex in the world to be with someone that I love without hesitation or exception.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Well put.

WWVLD
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Good.

Make sure she knows that.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Thank you :D
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Uhm... So, you'll never believe what was sitting in my mailbox today. I got a card from "Mr. Gentleman", too.

The creepy part? It wasn't in an envelope addressed to me, and our mailboxes are locked, being townhouses and all...

He asked me to meet him outside of Crystal Lake, the town we all fought Windner in last Halloween. If it's the house I think it is, it's a pretty nice place... Had a "For Sale" sign out in front of it forever, though.

So, this guy's meeting us at three different times, in three different places...?

I guess I'll go, simply because to take on the Society on this kinda level is stupidity incarnate...so either this guy's a legitimate moron, or he's truly on our side.

Maybe we're about to get some personal funding. =P Lex and I just had to sign on a $4600 loan for a new central air unit (both heating and AC)... Take into account my new car and that one of our cards is dangerously close to being maxed out...

...yeah. Hoping for a bit of luck, here.

And Ben, no, we're not pulling that CD early just for this. Despite the way I just made it sound, we're getting by.

Now, if someone wants to help me buy the innards for a pair of computers... 0: )
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

What kind of computers are you wanting. I have spare parts out the wazoo, and can get you a machine up and running in no time.
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Something better than the systems I've got. Both are 32-bit systems running on 1.6GHz processors... Lex has a gig of RAM, I have 512 MB... We're both running on about 256MB video cards.

The real kick in the pants is my HD... Lex's primary drive is a 40GB, with a 250GB slave. My slave is 60GB...and my primary is 7.5 (OUCH >.<;;; ).

Our systems are currently functional, but both machines have started making loud whirry noises at random intervals (and not at the same time)... Lex asked up at her work, and someone said it's the HD's going out. With the exception of Lex's 250GB, all our drives are at least 6 years old or older, so this makes sense...

So, yeah... Better hardware is always nice.
Razor

Post by Razor »

Damn, I thought -I- had it bad with my old machine. Sucks to be you, KT. ... oh well, Hopefully I can get me a good laptop soon.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

I can put together something with a Pentium Core 2 Duo 1.8 Ghz, 1 GB Memory, an 256 MB Nvidia GeForce 8600 card (the machines I build are mostly for business and not gaming), and a 500 gb Raid with a 40 GB System drive.

It's not bleeding edge technology but definitely an upgrade for that second system you were talking about. If you would like just PM me where to send it. You should get it in a few days after I get the information.
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Sounds good. I don't much use my computer for gaming, anyway.

So what're your thoughts on "Gentleman"? I'll be following the advice of my catch phrase ("proceed with caution"), but any gamblers willing to lay bets or odds as to which side this guy's on?
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

I am not sure what to think of the guy. Not all of the hunters out there are public about it and maybe he is looking for help, but then he could be a hunter for the other side. Either way I would be well prepared and have backup nearby, but I would find myself going.
Holister

Post by Holister »

I would proceed with EXTREME CAUTION on this one guys. Ron, Shadow, and now KT, if Bert gets one whose hit list top four does that sound like?
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Ben at present I have not recieved a Card, Kei did thou. And we haven't heared from her lately? Ok Now I am a little worried.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Frankly, I wouldn't trust anybody who called themselves the Gentleman.

WWVLD
Koralth

Post by Koralth »

I live in the same area as you, KT. Does the card specify that you need to go it alone? Drop a line if you're interested in having someone come along with you.
"God, I know you say you love all of your children equally, but you don't, do ya? I'm on to you, big guy." Dr. Percival Cox
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Hollister, a better question is, who's hitlist doens't it sound like?

Delta Sierra
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Amen, Ron.

Don't worry, folks; extreme caution will be exercised during the approach...