At least the Brits leave a possibility.

A place where members can debate rumors and claims of conspiracies, cover-ups and secret government activities.
Ron Caliburn

At least the Brits leave a possibility.

Post by Ron Caliburn »

unlike the American gov't that just figures the people are too stupid to handle it

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1516&u=/afp/20050203/od_afp/sciencebritainmilitary_050203193254&printer=1

British defence ministry won't rule out alien life: report

Thu Feb 3, 2:32 PM ET

LONDON (AFP) - Undaunted by the lack of evidence, officials at the British defence ministry are reportedly refusing to rule out the existence of alien life forms visiting Earth.

The Financial Times quoted from a hitherto confidential letter by an official acknowledging the ministry recorded accounts of people claiming to have seen alien life in Britain.

According to the letter, obtained under recent legislation on freedom of information, such reports are collected "solely to establish whether what was seen might have some defence significance."

While admitting that "only a handful of reports in recent years have warranted further investigation and none revealed an evidence of a threat," it went on say the ministry was "totally open-minded" about the hypothesis of alien life.

Two weeks ago an anonymous caller reported seeing "strange lights" above Kent, southeast England, while another claimed to have seen a flying saucer sailing above Stoke, central England.

The defence ministry said such calls were only a fraction of the thousands it has recorded.

Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
mr. e

Post by mr. e »

Mr. Ransom wrote:I think the finally caught on to the idea that absense of evidence is not evidence of absense.

i think you mean

"absence of proof is not proof of absence."
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

The Brits, the Russians, heck even the Canadians and Iranians all seem to think UFOs might be real. Why not the Americans?

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Because we don't have a way of blowing them up yet and that's all we're really good at? :lol:
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

So the cannucks have a way to blow them up already that the United States don't?

I mean besides Celine Dion's high notes.

Delta Sierra
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

Just letting the aliens talk with a French-Canadian is enough to send them away.
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Nice to see you still have a sense of humor, thou you are right on this.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Ron Caliburn wrote:The Brits, the Russians, heck even the Canadians and Iranians all seem to think UFOs might be real. Why not the Americans?

Off the record, I think they do. They are a lot less forthcoming with what they know.

On the other hand, I do not know anything for sure.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.