Taking the newb hunting II

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
Crosshair MT

Taking the newb hunting II

Post by Crosshair MT »

Well after all the mess I have recently hadd to sort through I decided I was sitting on my ass feeling sorry for my self too much. I called Orchid and we headed out to an area north of D/FW at a state park, there were some unexplained incidents of people being attacked by wild dogs or cyotoes. We set up my RV and went to some of the attack areas to check for any evidence to point to any definite suspects. Unfortunatly the heavy storms that moved through last week destroyed all evidence att he sences, I figured it would have but it never hurts to check. We had an early dinner and started to gear up for the hunting after dark, Orchid was sceptical as usally when I insisted she wear a suit of fully body armor like mine I had made for her. I pointed out the werewolf incident and she relented.

We spent a good portion of the night seaching near the attack areas for clues to anything hunting. Using thermal scanners we found a few cyotoes that ran when we got too near, we also heard a group of teens whooping it up near the lake. Probably drinking and having too much fun for thier age legally. Around midnight we heard gunshots and screams from the lake, we both ran that waty pulling weapons. When we arrived there was a Dybbuk attacking the teens, not what we where hunting but not going to argue helping get rid of it. The fight was nasty we had to maintain very tight fire disipline while trying to order the drunken teens down or out of the area. A few were down and dead or seriously injured. I hit the Dybbuk with a flying tackle and managed to get it clear of the kids who bolted, well most one or two kept shoting at the thing and me. I took a 9 mm round through my calf before Orchid disarmed or drove them off, the Dybbuk movved in for a kill on me since I was wounded. I limped back letting it get closer to a clear line of fire for Orchid with the shotgun. I pulled both my Colts and leveled thjem on it, it laughed and thrust it's chest out daring me to shoot.

I guess the dumb creature did'nt think I could hurt it, after the first few silver slugs hit it relized I knew what it was. The creature turned to run for the lake only to be hit with three slugs from a twelve guage shotgun, also silver. Orchid and I finished the dybbuk and bolted to my RV as the game warden arrived. Poor guy got tied up dealing with a dozen drunk teens, after a quick change to civies we went back to ofer medical aid to the injured. One teen was dead, not from the Dybbuk, she died of an overdose of a date rape drug. Seems three young men got the same idea and dumped too much of the drug each into her glass of wine. There were a half dozen kids with broken bones and lacerations from the Dybbuk, the game warden wrote them off as too drunk or stoned to relize they magaled themselves. I remained quite as Orchid growled some less than pleasant comments under her breath. She may be asceptic for the paranormal, but she dose want to scientificly prove these things exist. She also has to gather the evidence to prove the things are not just a crytozoologist's wet dream of undiscovered natural creatures.

We are finally unwound enough to post this, we will be hanging around for a few more days to see if anything on the cyotoe attacks pans out or not. I'll update if we find more out. Oh and out of couriousity, I vaugely rember some one say Dybbuks are summoned. Any ideas why I have encountered 8 in under a year? I can't prove the mage I dealt with is dead for sure, but I don't know if he would be ready to mess with me again after what he lost last time.
There will always be a reason to fear the unknown, fear is a good way to ground yourself in reality, or at least the part of it that leaves you sane. ( Funny term for those of us that deal with the supernatural.)
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Good work . . . armed, resisting victims can be a help and a hinderance - but expect the later when Alcohol is involved.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Great job guys! You should carry some Flashbangs and Tear Gas grenades to disperse mobs like that.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

or an APC.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Not to mention the high pressure water hose would be great against vampires.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

High pressure hoses ain't exactly portable, but a good flashbang or OC grenade can get the innocent out of dodge real quick.

Delta Sierra
Crosshair MT

Post by Crosshair MT »

We were trying to be low profile, and I don't think Orchid would agree to a flash bang or OC being used on innocents. Last night we found evidence of something stalking the area near a few of the tent campers, the tracks look like a cyotoe or dogs. I don't like the way what ever it is is ignoreing food left out by the campers, a dog or cyotoe would eat that and move on, this is not happening here.

Hey Ron you have any suggestions on what evidence we need to look for in specific to prove or disprove a werecreature? I know you have quite a bit of experince with werewolves.
There will always be a reason to fear the unknown, fear is a good way to ground yourself in reality, or at least the part of it that leaves you sane. ( Funny term for those of us that deal with the supernatural.)
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Wel, right now I'm not thinking werewolf - in part because werewolves have big feet (bigger than typical wolf, far bigger than coyote or fox). Werewolves also would have likely just ripped into the tents and snacked on the folks therin. Wereolves understand things like tents and cars and stuff that animals don't. You would also likely find human tracks and animal tracks intermingling.

Finally, if it is werewolves, they are probably already watching you.

What you're describing reminds me of some dog-like critters that were responsible for some cattle mutilations near the compound when I was much younger.

Do the tracks dissapear rather than fade away? Any idea how many animals you are dealing with?

Until proven otherwise, I think you should expect a pack and keep silver rounds ready.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

What are the tracks being left on? If you see tracks on metal or stone beat a path out of there ASAP and get more backup.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

and don't return unless you got a SMAW.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Again, good advice.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I do my best.

Delta Sierra
Holister

Post by Holister »

Good luck Crosshairs. Be careful.
Crosshair MT

Post by Crosshair MT »

Wwell we had a run in with the creature in question, a cyotoe. As we watched the animal stalk a drunken teen it began to groww and change as it closed, I took aim and fired a single silver round from a silenced Colt. The creature howled and reverted to a nude male, very small and scrawny, he lunged into the woods and started to shift back to cyotoe as he ran. Seems we have a interesting werecreature out here, we have found evidence of at least a dozen of them in the area.

Thanks for the encouragement Ben nice to see you back to as normal as you ever get. :lol: Sorry I have been out of touch I had some harsh issues to deal with not too long ago. Ron, Bert thanks for the advice. I plan on makeing sure this threat ends by the weekend, we have a holiday weekend coming and this park will packed. No need to have more strange attacks going on if I can help it.
Holister

Post by Holister »

You cheap crack aside. Have you ever encountered a were-coyote before. Logically it makes sense. Coyotes and wolves are similiar, it would make sense that there be evolutionary branch of into different sub-species.

Did the silver work?

You may want to check any old Native American legends in the area that might pertain to these creatures. I am sure that they may have been around for a while. Might also give you a clue as to better understand these things.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

There is nearly a were-anything these days, it seems.

Good luck on figuring this one out.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Interesting subspecies perhaps - and a certain logic to it existing.

Just watch yourself, canines are pack animals, even were-canines.

Delta Sierra
Crosshair MT

Post by Crosshair MT »

Well we are alive and well, bruised and battered but well. No bites on either of us, did full inspect of each other and had a doctor do a second opinion to be sure. The werecoyotoes are dead, made a hell of a time of it. Much as the normal animal they did not want to stand and fight, they ran and tried hit and run tatics on us till that began to be too much of a loss for them. Then came the ambushes, and the traps, and the all around pranks that were near fatal. These things are a royal pain in the ass, I counted about 15 that we put down. Some we saw change to a human or the beast man form that returned to coyotoe state when killed. Any one seen this with the were wolves?

We are in a nice quite state park taking a vacation and have just felt like dealing with anything beyond being lazy bums. I see some stuff is still in hell gear on the forum, good luck with the pains in the asses we have gained. If needed please feel free to PM me, otherwise I am going to be on vacation for a while. First real one I have had in ears.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Glad to hear that your okay.

Everytime I tangle with werebeasts I spend the next full moon time locked in a room with a video camera pointed at me.

Can't be too careful with that stuff.

Delta Sierra
Orchid Noir

Post by Orchid Noir »

I am still going over all the forensic evidence that I gathered, but at this point I have to say
From LeFanu's "The Familiar"

I am deeply and horrible convinced that there does exist beyond this a spiritual world - a system whose workings are generally and in mercy hidden from us - a system which may be, and which is sometimes, partially and terribly revealed.

I always though that I wanted to believe in all the hocus pocus crap, now I wish I could return to being able to explain it all away. Retaining my pristine, though odd, reputation at work just got a lot harder.
Gaze long into the abyss, and the abyss gazes into you.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Knowing is the greater burden. Watching as society hurtles towards the abyss without so much as a care while you struggle every day to slow the fall is the more exquisite torture I have ever been subjected to . . . and I've spent time with Debunker.

Delta Sierra
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

There are some who wait for the world to teeter on the edge of the abyss... There are rumors that the power that will be unleashed at that moment will be enough to save it, if we are ready to harness it.

I feel that way, too, though I still fight to keep it from happening. I'd rather not shave things that close... If it does happen, I'd like to think I'll be ready for it. I hope I will be.
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

I'm just trying to enjoy the ride.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Keep your arms and hands inside the vehicle at all times then.

Delta Sierra

Return to “War Stories”