Monster or Whacko?

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
Ron Caliburn

Monster or Whacko?

Post by Ron Caliburn »

http://vancouver.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/View?filename=bc_eagles20050203

Eagle slaughter called 'worst ever'
Last Updated: Feb 3 2005 12:44 PM PST
NORTH VANCOUVER - A North Vancouver woman made a gruesome discovery Wednesday night: the carcasses of 21 mutilated bald eagles.

Julie Bryson-McElwee was walking her dog around 9 p.m. near Cates Park, just off the Dollarton Highway.

She says her dog ran from her and wouldn't come back. When she went to investigate, she found the eagles.

Bryson-McElwee says it was a horrific sight – all of the eagles had their legs cut off.

She called police, who put her in touch with Bev Day, the director of OWL, a wildlife rehabilitation society.

Day says there is a black market for the talons of bald eagles, but she is still sickened by the slaughter.

"I don't know who would do this, but I'd like to have my hands on whoever did."

The Chief of the Squamish Nation says he's "shocked" and "appalled" by the mutilation. The area where the birds were found is near traditional Squamish territory.

Chief Bill Williams says eagles are occasionally used in traditional ceremonies, but he says the dead birds are provided by the province.

Conservation officers say that this is the worst slaughter of eagles they've seen, adding that they don't yet know how the eagles died.

Bald eagles are on Canada's protected species list.

I'm takin' bets that something from the other side of reality is trying to establisha foothold there. Maybe one fo the demons they summoned to do special effects when they filmed X-Files.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
mrloucifer

Post by mrloucifer »

I would agree with Ron, but it sounds more like a bloody ritualistic thing. Bugger all these occult blokes. Like the article said, talons are sold on the black market, but they are also used by necromongers and occultisits as well. Normally the occult blokes clean up better than this, as no doubt this would raise a lot of bleedin attention. Sounds like they were interupted in middle of something and didnt have a chance to pick up after themselves. I'd say looking into this one is required as killing off Bald Eagles is bad enough(such beautiful bird they is), but if they were part of a ritualsacrifice, who knows what could come of it.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

It's even more worrisome when you take into account the local aborigional band considers Bald Eagles as sacred. Typically critters got called that when they have historically played a role in protecting us from the nasties on the other side.

Delta Sierra
PSC27

Post by PSC27 »

I agree, Loucifer...But James P., my partener and roommate, is a real expert when it comes to magic and the like. He shall be out handeling a privet matter for the next few days. It is quite a bloody shame, as I am sure he would have liked to have helped with this one.
Last edited by PSC27 on Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSC27

Post by PSC27 »

It's interesting...but I look at them as being for wish granting. As it was the whole legs that were cut off. Eagle legs are said to possess certain property to grant wishes if the rite is done correctly.

Ach, I am bloody tired! Uh, Ron, you wanted the faerie food list. Correct? I shall get them to you when I wake up. It has been a long, rough, night; it's good to be back home.
Debunker
Location: My Paranromal team is based in the U.K., but we travel world wide

Post by Debunker »

All right folks, I have seen this happen all over the world many times, and every time it’s a matter of poachers. Why I will never know, but animal parts always sell for big bucks on the black market. Gorilla hands for ashtrays, Elephant tusks for the ivory, tigers teeth for a necklace, the more rare the animal the better. This nonsense about necromancers and occultist is mind-boggling! Is it that you simply refuse to accept the idea that poachers do this for money and would rather believe that magic users carve animals up for an actual purpose? Using the same mentality that “White man coming to the west and shooting buffalo for sport was bad when Indians would hunt them but actually use their skins and meat” that would make sense. Or is it that questioning something you have no impact on is preferred to you rather than dealing with your own little lives? Come one people, do something productive for yourselves and not worry about something you have no impact on. And if your one of the people who did slaughter these animals, I pray for swift justice upon you when you’re caught (and you will be caught sooner of later).
Elliott James Tobias III
AKA: Debunker

"The truth is indeed out there...science has been pointing it out for centuries."
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Update, parts of another dozen or so eagles have turned up in the same area.

Delta Sierra
Father Arden

Post by Father Arden »

Ron Caliburn wrote:Update, parts of another dozen or so eagles have turned up in the same area.

I have it on good authority that RCX agents have been dispatched to the area to investigate...

Father Arden
You can take my collar, but not my faith.
Silhouette

Post by Silhouette »

Or it could be a rather unsuble and immature attempt at US bashing. If you read your own newspapers you would know that Canada has been opposing the US over the war in Iraq and engaged in general cultural antaganism. Things like erecting statues in the honor of American Draft Dodgers and those who sheltered them.

Mass murdering the national animal of the US and leaving it around to be found and detailed in the papers might have just been some sicko's idea of making a statement.
Brother Hotep

Post by Brother Hotep »

I have to agree. this is probably some Canadian gun nuts' idea of making a statement. Vancouver is a place where they let Rabbits breed uncontrollably near student Dorms after all.
" I wanna live, I wanna Love, It's a long hard road out of hell. I want to Live Forever, Forever will always Be... "
Father Arden

Post by Father Arden »

Brother Hotep wrote:I have to agree. this is probably some Canadian gun nuts' idea of making a statement. Vancouver is a place where they let Rabbits breed uncontrollably near student Dorms after all.

According to the RCX agents sent to investigate it was actually American poachers from Washington State...

Father Arden
You can take my collar, but not my faith.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

So what's the real story instead of the official one?

Delta Sierra
PSC27

Post by PSC27 »

We're going to investigate. Now that the things are taken care of. And Jame's equipment will be in Vancouver waiting on him.

Thank you Ron for your, uh, friends.
Brother Hotep

Post by Brother Hotep »

Father Arden wrote:
Brother Hotep wrote:I have to agree. this is probably some Canadian gun nuts' idea of making a statement. Vancouver is a place where they let Rabbits breed uncontrollably near student Dorms after all.

According to the RCX agents sent to investigate it was actually American poachers from Washington State...

Father Arden

I' can imagine it would be american poachers.. they're not above beheading , they're not above Defacing America's symbol of freedom and liberty!

damn GOP, They really hate america!
" I wanna live, I wanna Love, It's a long hard road out of hell. I want to Live Forever, Forever will always Be... "
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

You're welcome PSC, I'm looking forward tot he story of how it all turned out.

Delta Sierra
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Delta Sierra
Lucas Priest

Post by Lucas Priest »

I'm actually in the area now- I'll look into it locally in the Vancouver area, just a short hop from Seattle.
The science of any sufficiently advanced society would appear as magic to those less developed...
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

g'luck

Delta Sierra
Lucas Priest

Post by Lucas Priest »

As it turns out, I "solved" the case, and yet am still baffled by it. I met a friend of mine, a Joseph Two-Bears, in Vancouver and looked into the Eagle situation over the last few days. We discovered for the most part, that poachers were responsible for the mutillation of so many Bald Eagles in and around the Vancouver area. When Two-Bears and I, accompanied by the local forestry service found their camp (extremley mobile, and difficult to track..) we found them to be part of a group of poachers operating throughout the world- from Africa to the USA- but specializing in items sold on the blackmarket for "occult use". Things like rhino horns, pelts from various cats and wolves, and the aforementioned eagle feet and talons. The forestry service is now prosecuting these gentlemen quietly in order to get these members to turn over other elements of the larger organization. What disturbed me was when I started looking into where these shipments went to. In particular, wolf pelts. Earlier in my investigations into the paranormal, I ran into a Canadian rancher who seemed to be affected by a condition I researched to be known as "Hexenwulf", whereby a charmed belt of wolfhide is used to inflict a state of lycanthropy on an induvidual against his will. The type of pelt used for this ritual must fall into certain stses of perfection for the spell to work, and it exactly matches the specifications of the several shipments of wolf pelts sent from these poachers. I sense a larger pattern at work here, but considering that someone might be trying to "mass produce" Hexenwulfs is an extremely sobering thought. If anyone encounters any activity that falls into the profile of a large canine that does not fit, be aware that it might be one of these cases. If so, I suggest the use of tranquilizers, scince by all accounts, the victim is "cured" upon removal of said belt from their person. But I would also keep the silver handy as well.... By the way, a tip from Two-Bears: Silver-Hallide spray. Normally used by photographers, he claims it works like acid in an aerosol base, or at the very least, mace...
The science of any sufficiently advanced society would appear as magic to those less developed...
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I've tried a few liquid silver delivery systems in the past (yes, I saw Underworld) but they didn't work to well. Perhaps an aerosol might have some effect.

Of course I keep my silver cored rounds ready anyway.

I don't like to lead with tranquilizers or less lethal - as you read with E, sometimes one shot is all you have a chance to get off. I was just fortunate I was able to get the breathing room to ready my back up.

Delta Sierra
Brother Hotep

Post by Brother Hotep »

why do I get the feeling someone ran away with the White wolves...
I'm going to be assembling a small team soon to take on mythical beings that I've been tracking. Details will follow. Hopefully I can get them all to call sign themselves on here. ...
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

What you trackin'?

Delta Sierra
Last Moon

Re:

Post by Last Moon »

Mass produced therians, very interesting.
Last edited by Last Moon on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ron Caliburn

Re: Monster or Whacko?

Post by Ron Caliburn »

We fortunately haven't heard of them since this, but that doesn't mean they aren't still out there somewhere.

Delta Sierra
Grace

Post by Grace »

Also, hi there new guy.
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Last Moon

Post by Last Moon »

Mr. Caliburn, you seem to be good at turning up reports of such things, I trust if they surface you will do so again.

Grace, thank you.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Thanks and I sure will.

Delta Sierra

Return to “Agency Voice”