Silver bullets needed!

A place to seek help, or to offer services, dealing with the paranormal.
Ghost Hunterz

Silver bullets needed!

Post by Ghost Hunterz »

Hunting group seeks silver bullets in St. Louis area. Cash is not a problem, but time is of the essence. .38 cal preferrred. (314)555-3841
Officer D.

Post by Officer D. »

There not that hard to make. If you're faimiliar at all with small arms i can send you directions via PM.

Officer D.
Geronimus

Post by Geronimus »

Ebay, baby.... http://search.ebay.com/silver-bullets_W ... 1QQfromZR8
makes life alot easier.
But I recomend that you make your own to guarantee purity, also, you might want to get a priest or two of different faiths to bless them... cover your bases... just in case.
There be monsters here...
Unkledak

Post by Unkledak »

Just a short message here. I've read in the past that with a microwave oven, firebricks (to take the heat), and a crucible, it is possible to reach temperatures needed to melt softer metals like gold and silver. If this true any home workshop can cast silver bullets. Although if not poured correctly they will be unbalanced and have terrible flight characteristics. Still if one is desperate enough. An easier method is to take melted silver and slowly (a drop at a time) drop it into water. The beads of silver that will form in the cooling water are perfect for reloading shotgun rounds.
A friend will help you move, A good friend will help you move a body
A. Pendragon

Post by A. Pendragon »

I wouldnt suggest putting gold, silver or any other metal into a microwave.
Unkledak

Post by Unkledak »

I read the article in Popular Science a couple of years ago. The writer said "you might want to get a used microwave before you try this"
A friend will help you move, A good friend will help you move a body
A. Pendragon

Post by A. Pendragon »

I suppose this might work if you are using the microwave to heat up "just" the firebricks to the appropriate temperature, then this could work.
mr. e

Post by mr. e »

the metal would reflect part of the waves back, destroying the Microwave.

however you can use a stove or oven, although much care must be taken as it will be at its highest settings.

and when in doubt, Fire works well.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

If you're looking to roll yer own, I suggest you do a net search for Reloading Cartridges rather than listen to these blokes 'cause 'alf of them got 'alf of it wrong and the rest got all of it wrong.

If you need a bulk quantity in a hurry I can make arrangements with confidence about purity. Toss me a PM, I'm not too fond of telephones I don't know.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Silhouette

Post by Silhouette »

I recommend buying some books on gunsmithing. Being able to make your own specialty ammo helps a lot. It can take a lot of practice though.

You Lazlo Agency guys need to learn that there is such a thing as being to 'nice'. A .38 is a pea shooter with no stopping power. I understand why you might want to use a gun like that in an Urban enviroment, where it's less likely to punch through paper-thin walls on a missed shot, take out a bystander, and get the police after you... but let's be frank, anything you need a silver bullet for (read were-creature or something similar) is going to laugh at a .38 bullet even if it's made out of silver.

I recommend a .45 or .357 at a minimum for handguns, or 10 gauge shotgun shells. Shotguns are especially nice because you can rotate between using silver slugs, or 'shot' reloaded with blessed wooden rosary beads depending on the target.

Trust me, giving a Vampire a chest full of wooden rosary beads is a more efficient way of hitting the heart than using a wooden stake, arrow, or crossbow bolt. Plus if you get some kind of a Holy Man who believes in the shit he preaches (even if you don't) to say a few kind words over your prayer beads, they are probably going to make life difficult for demons and stuff too.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I agree with you on the choice of more powerful weapons, but you need to remember that most of the investigators here 1) Don't have much of a budget or the required certification to purchase military style fire power and 2) Don't have the training to make proper use of a high powered weapon.

To any of my clients int hsi field I recomend weapons that are easy to handle, reliable and don't require any extraordinary paperwrk to own.

Amoungst my preferred recomendations are pump action 12 and 20 guage shotguns, medium calibre semiautomatic rifles that accept high-cap magazines and high capacity automatic pistols in .357 SIG, .380, 9mm, .40, 10 mm or .45.

Delta Sierra
Silhouette

Post by Silhouette »

Certification? You act like legality has any meaning for people like us.

To be honest in Africa there was very little in the way of resources to barter with, no matter what kind of skills you might have. It's just that
kind of place. But here in America the world is an oyster waiting to be plucked by the talented. That fact that the general population and even
the average member of law enforcement doesn't even acknowledge our existance makes life fairly easy.

Here I tend to use wealth as a way to determining whether someone is honest about their talent. Money can be obtained as easily as thinking the right thoughts at an ATM machine in the middle of the night, or plucking inside trading information from the minds of successful stockbrokers. Depending of course in which way your talent runs.

In America I can speak about such things, and people will at most think I'm insane, without even a single thought towards the possibility that I might be serious.

Hunting the supernatural and protecting the populance from the supernatural is a duty and a responsibility, but it is foolish to assume
that we will not do what we need to in order to continue our covert battle, and support ourselves besides.

With no offense to anyone, if a trivial thing like money is a problem, you probably don't belong in this game. By the same token if I don't break at least ten amusing American laws for things like tresspassing, breaking and entering, destruction of property, or discharging a firearm within the city limits in the course of an investigation things are going slowly.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Silhouette wrote:Certification? You act like legality has any meaning for people like us.

Well it should, if only for the reason that if you attract the attention of the police, they will investigate you. Sooner or later that will be a pain in the ass, or worse.

I agree that there are laws that sometimes need to be broken to protect the innocent. But it's better if we obey the laws as much of the rest of the time as possible.

Besides, what do you think the public reaction would be if one of us were "outed" in a high profile way. Yeah it would wake them up to the existence of the supernatural . . . and label all of us as psychoes.

Ya ever hear of the Burning? Look it up sometime, you'll note that most of the people on the hit list were the type who knew too much about the paranormal.

Besides, it's our task to protect people, not victimize them.

Delta Sierra
David Muir

Post by David Muir »

silver scares me
The wolves run under the full moon. I repeat the wolves run under the full moon.
ShadowsLight

Post by ShadowsLight »

If you need silver go to any coin shop they should have silver ingots, 99% pure each ingot is 1 ounce and as far as melting them a crucible and an oxygen/asetiling torch work great. . you know those 'gothic' jewelry peices that look like armor for your fingers. . i made a whole glove of it carved holy symbols and hat it blessed, great for when you run out of ammo or lose your guns.

if your looking for excelent bullets you should look into full metal jackets and i think its a potasium paste. . a chemist freind of mine makes the paste for me. on contact they explode the jacket peels off as it penitrates and the molten silver penitrates almost all the organs, if your good with a sword you may want to make a short sword cut 10% with nickle (makes it hard enough to use as a weapon) and as usual always good to get some blessing and holy symbols.

for my sword i have a several preists bless the metal as well as the hammer and anvil it was forged with i had the guy forging it use holy water to quench the blade then has some tools blessed and used them to carve every holy symbol i could find into it and had the final result blessed again. yeah its anal but its never failed me either.

Incase your wondering I had my pistols, rifle, shell caseings, silver i use for bullets all blessed.

for protection my sugestions are silk shirt. . allows removal of arrows without causing further damage, theres a new fabric that came out thats stops all but the heavyest callburs . . still feels like geting hit with a hammer but its better then being dead, and chain mail. . yeah its old school but its lighter then plate and if you have it made from a titanium alloy its light and strong. personally i wear all three its about 40 pounds but i dont have many scars.
To find the truth one must seek the light within the darkness.
ShadowsLight

Post by ShadowsLight »

another weapon you may want to consider is a metal baseball bat. . not very glamorus but if you drill a hole in the handle an pour a couple pounds of ground/powdered lead into and the seal the hole it makes a wonderfull weapon and fairly easy to hide in plain sight. if your not worried about hiding it you can also weld spikes and blades on it.

you want to use powdered lead because when you hit something the bat wont bounce/deflect or glance of the edge or soemthing.
Brother Hotep

Post by Brother Hotep »

but if you put too much lead the bat will split open on a hard impact
" I wanna live, I wanna Love, It's a long hard road out of hell. I want to Live Forever, Forever will always Be... "
ShadowsLight

Post by ShadowsLight »

only in a very cold enviroment it the metal in the bat is warm it wont crack. . besides anything that gets hit that hard and gets up I'm gunna run away from untill i can get a really big gun. . but if your worried about it spliting weld some steal rings around the bat. .
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

I am a little late coming to the party, but this site might be what you are looking for.

http://www.bulletforge.com
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Too bad those are inert.

Delta Sierra
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

That shouldn't stop someone like you from reloading the round. Granted, doesn't do much good for someone like me.
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

The "presentation quality" stuff needs a long way to go before I'd think about firing it from a weapon.

Delta Sierra
protaganis

Post by protaganis »

If you can find some OLD photography supplies, look for the base developing fluid...It's Silver Iodine. Failing that, buy the ingots as mentioned before file them to to get some powder and put the powder into a hollow-point round top with wax (I typically use spackle, no melting problems). Don't get caught... modification of ammunition can put you on a short list of suspects should targets be found...
When the world isn't the same as our minds believe, then we are in a nightmare. Nothing is worse than a nightmare that we cannot awaken from.

戦争の刃
Ammendment2

Post by Ammendment2 »

I believe you are speaking of Silver Hallide solution. I have put it to use in an aerosol dispenser: works like acid on many things. Especially effective on Lycanthropes. I have also employed a suspension of holy water and garlic emulsion for bloodsuckers. Very effective.
Good? Bad? I'm the one with the gun.....
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

Ron Caliburn wrote:Amoungst my preferred recomendations are pump action 12 and 20 guage shotguns, medium calibre semiautomatic rifles that accept high-cap magazines and high capacity automatic pistols in .357 SIG, .380, 9mm, .40, 10 mm or .45.

Another important tip is, "Use the same ammo as your friends."
Last Moon

Re: Silver bullets needed!

Post by Last Moon »

What were the results of the situation in St. Louis?
Gotham Witch

Post by Gotham Witch »

I'm kind of curious as well.

For what it's worth, though I really hate to vouch for this (being an artist), antique candlesticks and the framing off of certain older portraits work for very good 12 gauge silver slugs - preferably foster ('American") as they deform better than brenneke or steel slugs.

My usual gunsmith thinks I'm a bit sentimental about destroying antiques.
"God have mercy on a man, who doubts what he's sure of." - Bruce Springsteen
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Mel,

He only seems to have that issue with certain kinds of antiques. Cynthia suggested a few modifications to make the old Broomhandle Mauser he has a little more practical and he looked at her like she'd suggested babies are a nice, light snack.

Hannah

I will be who I chose to be.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

To the right monster, babies are exactly that.
Hi! I'm Cynthia and I am my mother's daughter.
Defunct the strings
Of cemetary things
With one flat foot
On the devil's wing
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

But you ain't a monster, sis.

Hannah
I will be who I chose to be.