(DELETED)

A place to seek help, or to offer services, dealing with the paranormal.
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

If anyone has a more convincing argument on the oroburos mirror than this let me know.

It belongs in Japan if anywhere. Oroburos was the great serpent that Susano'o (Amaterasu's brother) slew and recovered the sword Kusanagi from its tail. The sword Kusanagi, is one of my homes three imperial regalia. Also, the serpent Oroburos is destined to be reborn and destroy the islands when the imperial line is no more.

Mr. Holister, Mr. Bert, my congratulations to you if the research shows a blood relation. (Family is very important after all.)
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

inbreeders.

I didn't know bert and holister were from Alabama :P .

Ring of D'Jhinn

Eye of Ages

Taron's Crystal Orb

What do these three do? The orb sounds familiar, but the Eye and the Ring are new to me.

Ring of Weapon Enpowerment

Definetly interested in. In fact, put me down for it.

Wasn't there some mention around here that destroying magic items could release their energy and cause nasty things to happen?

I'd like to second Bert's worry here. I've seen magic items destroyed and the more complicated or powerful they are, the bigger the BOOM.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Re: Destroying magic items: Yeah; it's usually a bad idea to try and destroy most magic items. Many can't be destroyed; many more, the creators knew they didn't have the power to make them nigh-unto invulnerable, so they instead worked things out to take out whoever destroyed the artifacts (the idea being, of course, that they would still be in possession of said artifacts when they were destroyed, and presuming that there's a very good reason why someone else is trying to destroy it).

If that made no sense, I apologize; I was sleep-deprived yesterday, worked a 12-hour day (if you include my lunch break), then Julian decided I didn't need sleep last night, and I went back in for another 8 1/2 hour day today. I'm kinda wiped.

Re: Me having those amulets: Negativity comes in many forms, just like darkness. Both are beautiful in their own right, if the form they take is purified. The darkness of a night sky in the spring, as its lit in vain by the pinpricks of a hundred thousand stars and the mating lights of hundreds of fireflies dancing through the twilit sky, as the warmth envelopes you, and the fragrance of a field of flowers in full bloom embraces each of your senses...

Likewise, purified negative energy can generate an offensive spell that selectively damages only those of tainted energies, both positive and negative...or it can simply wash away the taint in an area, leaving it purified.

...Alright, so "wash away" is a more apt description of what purified *positive* energy will do... "Burn away" is more the description I'm looking for.

As for the "sorcerous fury" amulet, I'm just intensely curious as to what it does, if it would do anything for/to me if I tried to use it (considering that the magical paths I follow are more mystical in nature than sorcerous), and whether it bears utilizing for the benefit of mankind, or if it is simply a tainted tool, intended for use by tainted "dark" cultists and whatnot. And if it's tainted, then the amplifier of negativity could be useful to modify it for a greater purpose...
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Damn, you didn't tell me you had it that rough yesterday! Nap! Nap like the wind! Errr, Like Garfield!
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

I'm going to, real soon here... Soon as the pizza guy gets here...

Uhm... Any techies here know why the forum suddenly marked everything as read?

I'm too tired to figure out what I have and haven't read without that special little feature of the forums...so I'll check the threads I know usually have important stuff, and if there's stuff anyone wanted me to see, PM me and point me in the right direction.
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Bert_the_Turtle

Sometimes it does it to me if I'm logged out for being inactive then try and do something while it says I'm logged in on my end.
Hit Squirrel

Post by Hit Squirrel »

Holister wrote:
Eye of Ages

Amulet of Supernatural Desiccation

Otoni's Dagger of Assassination

Deathword Talisman

Ring of Soul Transferal

I WANT THESE!

They sound cool. A dagger of assassination, perfect for The Hit Squirrel :) A few rings can add to my collection of shiny things. :) Eye of Ages,
yeah, that just sounds awesome
but does is come in purple, I like purple.
I work for peanuts!
Holister

Post by Holister »

GhostSpider wrote:

Ring of D'Jhinn

Eye of Ages

Taron's Crystal Orb

What do these three do?

Well to answer your question to the best of my ability,
lets see:

The Eye of Ages _ An ancient talisman created in Persia that is said to be able to hold and imprission up to 100 demons for eterity. Or until someone destroys the talisman. The item itself is an intricately faceted fire opal about 3 inches in diameter and inch at its thickest middle.

Taron's Crystal Orb - A simple crystal globe about the size of a softball with the power to make the wielder immune to magical wards.

Ring of D'Jhinn - An intricate gold band with a ruby inlaid in the center setting. Mystical symbols line the outter edges of the ring.

The ring grants its wielder three "gifts"; those "gifts" are of the desire of the one who possesses the ring. From what Carter says, it will only effect the wielder directly.
Once all three gifts are bestowed, the spirit of the ring is released and free to return to it own home dimension.

I hope this clears things up for you GS.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Bert_the_Turtle

The orb needs to go to Natasha. I can't think of anyone more qualified to be immune to wards than someone that knows how to make them. Second would be KT.

So, if no one else is claiming it, I'll take Taron's Orb to pass along.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Sounds like a plan there Bert. Holister What can you tell me about the fallowing items?
Talismen of Theriel
Necklace Of Vampire Fangs
Twin Blades of The Yoma
Greatsword of Kil'Dare
Just wondering what you may Know?
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Shadowstalker wrote:Just wondering what you may Know?

I find myself wondering that all the time.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Shadowstalker wrote:Sounds like a plan there Bert. Holister What can you tell me about the fallowing items?

Talismen of Theriel

Necklace Of Vampire Fangs

Twin Blades of The Yoma

Greatsword of Kil'Dare

Just wondering what you may Know?

The Talisman of Theriel - Theriel was one of three infamous Dark Angels said to fight alongside Lucififer before he was banished. The three were B'lial Angel of Torment, Pyriel Angel of Genocide, and Theriel Angel of Darkness.

The Talisman according to Carter allows the user to summon the power of Theriel, though only for a short period of time.

The Necklace of Vampire Fangs - Got this one in Romania. It is supposedly composed of the fangs of over 20 master vampires. The wearer of this charm gains their knowledge onto their own. Useless to humans, but well saught after by other vampires.

The Twins Swords of The Yoma - These once belonged to the Japanese swordmaster Jubai (or so the legend goes). It is said that they were forged from the fangs of a powerful demon he slayed, in so bestowing the swords and in turn the wielder with awesome fighting prowess while in combat, making their flesh like armor, their actions fluid as water, and their spirit as strong as steel.

The Greatsword of Kil'Dare -
The magic sword once weilded by the Celtic hero Cuchulain
when he slaid the Lamberton Wyrm.

The hilt and pommel resemble a Celtic Cross, the blade itself is a six feet long and made of pure echanted iron. The blade is as sharp today as it was the day it was forged. Accoridng to Carter, the sword has the ability to slay demons and dragons slicing through their hides as though they were mortal.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Bert_the_Turtle

What is: Otoni's Dagger of Assassination

Also, you never posted the armor (That I can recall).
And what is the status of all the explosives?

Also, I'll take:
HANDGUNS:

2 .620 Webbley Horse Pistols

3 Colt Pythons

1 Colt Anaconda

7 Colt .45 Auto Loaders

1 Colt 10MM

2 Gloch 19's

2 Gloch 17's

3 .44 Auto Mags

4 Model 61 Skorpions

5 Browning HP 9MMs

2 Full Auto Baretta's

12 .38 Specials

1 .38 Service Six

1 PM-63 Machine Pistol

1 TT33 Tokarev 7.62MM

7 Tazers

RIFLES:

3 M-16's

2 AK-47's

2 M-16 Colt Commandos

4 AR-10s

1 H&K Sniper Rifle

6 M1 Carbine Rifles Bolt Action

6 30-11s Hunting Rifles

SHOTGUNS:

4 Stakeout Ithicas

2 Streetsweeper Autoloaders

2 S&W Marine Style 12 Gauges

7 Ithica 37M Shotguns

1 Big Bore Elephant Guns

2 12 Gauge Double Barrels

AUTOMATICS:

4 Ingram Model 10s

3 9MM Uzis

1 Micro Uzi

1 Styer AUGs

And you never posted the armor.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Holister wrote:
The Ouroboros Mirror (Master Li)

Amulet of Negative Amplication
(KT)

Cauldron of Obiedence

Ring of D'Jhinn

Eye of Ages

Darkhold Grimoire
(Natasha)

Transcribed copy of The Necronomicon

Talisman of Theriel

Necklace of Vampire Fangs

Amulet of Socerous Fury
(KT)

(Ghost Spider)

(Bert)

Taron's Crystal Orb
(Natasha)

The Twins Blades of The Yoma

Deathword Talisman

Ring of Soul Transferal

Paired Tanto of Chi Bleeding
(Master Li)

Doubling Sword of Chaos
(Kolya)

Great Sword of Kil'Dare

Ok This is what is Left, it has to go, so start loading your hand carts.
Last edited by Holister on Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Darkhold Grimoire, please.

What is the orb I get?!?
Наташа Крылова .:. Natasha Krilova
Bert_the_Turtle

Supposedly it makes you immune to wards, and seeing as how you know wards, I snatched it up. I'll give it to you when I see you next.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Ok Bert, the remaining Weapons & Ordiance are going to you, please share with Ron. Between the two of you Im sure they will be in good hands. Sorry about not psting the armor, Ive been a little stressed out over Cee's sudden disappearance. I will post those later on today.
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Oh.

Where are you anyway? I am in the States. You should still have my mobile phone number...

Kolya and Sasha arrive this weekend to finish some business,
Holister

Post by Holister »

Hit Squirrel wrote:
Holister wrote:
Eye of Ages

Deathword Talisman

Ring of Soul Transferal

I WANT THESE!

They sound cool. A dagger of assassination, perfect for The Hit Squirrel :) A few rings can add to my collection of shiny things. :) Eye of Ages,
yeah, that just sounds awesome
but does is come in purple, I like purple.

Um...the Eyes of Ages is purpleish (?) As for the other items you requested, The Ring of Weapon Enpowerment was claimed already. I will PM you rest of the item descriptions so that you can make your final descisions.
Bert_the_Turtle

I'm still in D.C. I just got back from an equipment run to one of my caches.
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Close by.

Call me, ah?
Holister

Post by Holister »

Well it looks like Otoni's Dagger of Assassination is going to Bert also. Sorry Hit Squirrel, but they have senority.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Well the weather sucks today thats for sure. The schoolhouse just lost power,so Im gonna go over and keep Molly company until they get it up again.

Be back later.
Bert_the_Turtle

Okie Dokie, don't be a hero Ben :lol:
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

The tanto's proved to be a little better crafted than I thought, when I tried to drain teh chi from them in order to break them, they drained me instead. At least the cursed things didn't hold up well to the hammer and anvil. (anyone know where to get a face for a number 15 anvil? Mine is a bit damaged now.)

I have an old friend coming over from the National History Museum in Kyoto to pick up the mirror. As he is both a curator, and a shinto priest, he will be able to prove or disprove it's legitimacy. If it turns out to be genuine, it will be going back where it belongs. (although with the legends of Mappo, I am a little leary of sending it to Japan - but fate is fate - here's to the Imperial line, may they always prosper.)
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
Hit Squirrel

Post by Hit Squirrel »

Holister wrote:Well it looks like Otoni's Dagger of Assassination is going to Bert also. Sorry Hit Squirrel, but they have senority.

Thats ok, I guess. Is he a real turtle? I like turtles. Is he green? Does he have a big shell or a little one? Is he fast for a turtle? Can I meet him? I want to challenge him to a race. Its always about the tortise and the hare. Why not a squirel and the turtle? I could beet him. Do like peanuts? I like peanuts. Is he a good turtle or a mean turtle? He sounds like a funny turtle. Is he funny? Does he like monsters? I don't like monsters. Does he like squirrels? I'm a squirrel. I talk though. And I am smart. I can use the computer here in my tree. Do you have a computer hidden in your shell? Can I see it?

I want to help. Who needs my help? Do you need my help mr koyla bear. Do you need more eucalyptus? I can get it for you. My tree is near the zoo.
I just want to help. :)
I work for peanuts!
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Not an actual turtle, no.

PM Kolya for the details. If you can concentrate long enough....
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Yea, cannot use anyone as tweaked as HS on the team.

Unless it is for a diversion or *pointing North* "kill everything you see.

But we have bombers for that...
Holister

Post by Holister »

Hit Squirrel wrote:
Eye of Ages

Deathword Talisman

Ring of Soul Transferal

I WANT THESE!

Ok then, if nobody has any objections, you can have them then. I will conatact you shortly with the information.

PS: HS, lay off the coffee. :twisted:
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Going to need a bigger tree.

Return to “Classifieds”