Yep, that's three nights in a row... Rats

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
Geronimus

Yep, that's three nights in a row... Rats

Post by Geronimus »

This is the third night in a row that I've seen a whole slew of big rats come up the street at 15 til 5. They aren't un-naturaly large, but they are pretty fat from eatin good. They always head the same direction... I mean like dozens of them.
Wow, they are pretty bold too... They not only scurry along the powerlines, they walk right down the street in the friggin middle like they aren't afraid of anything in the world.... they are headed towards St Louis Cemetery No. 2. I know, alot of folks would get ight out there and chase 'em down, find out what is up with that. That's why alot of folks aren't walkin' around anymore. Hell, even the gang bangers don't mess with the rats; they'd rather spend their money on gold teeth instead silver bullets.
There be monsters here...
Silhouette

Post by Silhouette »

I guess you might say I'm aquainted with something that might be a were-rat who uses the name Hisvit Leiber. The story doesn't need to be told at this time, but my experiences with her is one of the major reasons why I do not believe that the benevolent seeming supernatural beings deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Last that I knew she was in Miami though. If it is her, she'll probably be wearing a necklace made out of toe-bones. One of those was mine, and
I'd like it back.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Saw a mess of rats the other night, right after some big smelly guy with a thing for little kids got pecked and clawed to death.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

So . . . the rats still around?

Delta Sierra
Geronimus

Post by Geronimus »

yeah, and they are regular rats. I popped one with a pellet gun. I don't understand this at all... they don't seem to really be up to anything... This can't be normal though.
There be monsters here...
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Maybe the Rat King is in town.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Way I figure, you got 3 choices.

1) Follow them to where they are going.
2) Track back to their origin.
3) Hide in bed and hope the bad men leave ya alone when they start commin' 'round.

Delta Sierra
Father Arden

Post by Father Arden »

Geronimus wrote:yeah, and they are regular rats. I popped one with a pellet gun. I don't understand this at all... they don't seem to really be up to anything... This can't be normal though.

What colour are they?

In rat myth and legend, that is important...

Father Arden
You can take my collar, but not my faith.
JohnnyH5

Post by JohnnyH5 »

Find out where they are coming from and then where they are going, heading to the cemetry isn't good enough, where in the cemetry are they going to?????

Then try to interupt their little journey by whatever means you deem necessary, to see what happens.
There are only two constants in life: Death and Taxes
Ammendment2

Post by Ammendment2 »

Too many things are known to use rats as agents for this to be a coincidence. Seeing how they react to an obstruction between them and their goal would be a good start. And when in doubt...Fire kills everything..
Good? Bad? I'm the one with the gun.....
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Ammendment2 wrote:And when in doubt...Fire kills everything..
I love the smell of napalm in the morning..
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.

Return to “War Stories”