I'd like to point out...

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
A. Pendragon

I'd like to point out...

Post by A. Pendragon »

I would just like to point out that I am aware of certain "members" of our society here appear to have been trying to scare off, ridicule and even intimidate some of you. I am working to deal with these individuals.

Said individuals include:
NAIN ROUGE
GothicFox
Those associated with Stephen
Those associated with Fate
Those associated with Holister's previous state of mind

As I swore to do, the privacy and security of the true members of the Society and the Agency will be protected. Anyone who threatens us will be dealt with.

Remember that not all of the people who post here do not represent the Societys interests.
Fear the night because the night doesn't fear YOU!!!
Something that I have learned in my life: The dead just dont stay dead.
Freedom isn't as free as we have been taught!
Ashikaga Hideoshi

Post by Ashikaga Hideoshi »

I do not represent this societies intrests. Your intrests and my own do happen to coincide, however. Not sure if that should put me on your list or not. (the honorable thing to do is ask)

I will say this in defence of one of those on that list (he at least showed an full understanding of my views - and he died well).

Mr. Stephen may have been a fool, he may have had to rely on others to clean up his messes. But when his little "experiment" got used in Seattle, and harmed true innocents (children), he did the honorable thing and rendered his brand of justice on himself.

If my dissent marks me as a target Mr. Pendragon, so be it. I could not let that one go by without pointing out that Mr. Stephen did choose the honorable path in the end.
Without an aplication Power is worthless.
A. Pendragon

Post by A. Pendragon »

Notice I said "those associated with Stephen", and not just Stephen.

Now go back to getting harrassed by the USA. Just kidding, I hope your situation clears up for you.
Ashikaga Hideoshi

Post by Ashikaga Hideoshi »

With recent news from home, I don't belive that this problem is rooted with the U.S. government or laws.

I belive that a shadow player that i have "inconvenienced" is trying to keep me from stopping his "aquisitions" of certain items, which I cannot allow to leave my homeland.
Without an aplication Power is worthless.
fate

Post by fate »

…How many times have me and my men put themselves out there to protect those of the society. How many times have I sent my best men to watch over your families as we risk our lives to protect others. All of this and more I have done for the society, yet still I end up on the list of those mistrusted. An for what? For telling the truth…that the government some of us work for will go to no ends to keep things quite and that I just so happen to be one of the many means to achieve that silence…sorry to shatter you fragile view of our prestigious government. But I will not lie to those I wish to work with and help.
aut vincere aut mori=Either to conquer or to die
A. Pendragon

Post by A. Pendragon »

fate wrote:…How many times have me and my men put themselves out there to protect those of the society. How many times have I sent my best men to watch over your families as we risk our lives to protect others. All of this and more I have done for the society, yet still I end up on the list of those mistrusted. An for what? For telling the truth…that the government some of us work for will go to no ends to keep things quite and that I just so happen to be one of the many means to achieve that silence…sorry to shatter you fragile view of our prestigious government. But I will not lie to those I wish to work with and help.
Actually it is not "my" government as I am from the other side of the pond. Britain! Although I now reside in the States, I still consider myself British. Power of dual citizenship. ;)
Holister

Post by Holister »

A Brit, well 1776 all the way baby.

Git Er Done!
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Holister wrote:A Brit, well 1776 all the way baby.

Git Er Done!
With boatloads (literally) of French assistance ;)
Наташа Крылова .:. Natasha Krilova
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

The French didn't actually help all that much. Their fleet refused to cooperate with our ground forces for the most part. It was mostly pure luck they were in the area in time to help with the final battle of the war.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

You also forget that the French were the ones who turned a rag-tag group of colonial milittias into a professional army that could actually fight, and win, agaisnt the Brits.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Holister

Post by Holister »

"Tea anyone" over the side of the ship.... :P
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Bert_the_Turtle

Granted, the French supply of materiel was a huge boon and of great help, but their navy wasn't of great help until the very end. And it was a Prussian man, Baron von Steuben who was responsible for training our soldiers and introducing modern methods of warfare. Some say that his involvement and the involvement of many other singular individuals is due in no small part to the Stone Masons to whom many prominent members of the Rebel faction were members.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Hell we won that for 3 good reasons

1) We had the home field advantage

2) The Brits had to ship evey man and all their gear from England.

3) And did you see what they were wearn'. For cyin' out loud in the woods, rams, and fields of American
those Brits may have had a "SHOOT ME NOW PLEASE" sign on their chests

Just ridiculous.

Plus we bailed their sorry butts out in WWII. Not bad for some damn yankees. :lol:
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Let us not forget we used tactics that the British thought was dishonorable. Basicly shotting from cover and shotting targets of opportunity Officers and the like. Standard modern tactics these days.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Bert_the_Turtle

Good points as well Ben and Shadow.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Plus we had Bert' great great great great great great great great granpa blowing stuff up, we had Ron's great great great great great great great great great granpa double cappin' Red Coats, and my great great great great great great great great great grandpa snipin' those Brit fellas from the family tree..

American History 101 brough to you by The Lazlo Society where we substitute your reality with our own.
Bert_the_Turtle

Trust me, my ancestor asn't *that* great. :P
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Actually I did have ancestors that were involved, lets just just say they Scalped a few Red coats.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Bert_the_Turtle

Very cool Shadow.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Posting on my break, don't have much time. Just wanted to say, I don't agree with Fate's being on that list. It's been bugging me, and I've only kept quiet because I couldn't put into words why I felt it was wrong...

Let's not forget that Shadow and his team are (or were) agents of the federal gov't, and he's far less forthcoming with his current involvement with the government than Fate's been. Holister's a sheriff who's been working outside his jurisdiction. We have a vampire and a werewolf, and we had a Wampyr.

I'm not saying that any of them should be added to the list.

And I'm not saying we should trust Fate 100%, either. Just saying he has less reason to be on that list than several of our other members.

I've gotta get back to work, turning into a druidcicle... Damned -6 degree weather...
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Shadowstalker wrote:Actually I did have ancestors that were involved, lets just just say they Scalped a few Red coats.

Lenai Lenapi the leading cause of male pattern baldness amongst Red Coats during the Revolutionary War.

:twisted:
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Bert_the_Turtle wrote:Granted, the French supply of materiel was a huge boon and of great help, but their navy wasn't of great help until the very end.
Well, when I said 'boats' I mean the money and the materiel, but also the 1000s of the French soldiers that fight in the war that must go from France to America..... on boats.
Наташа Крылова .:. Natasha Krilova
Bert_the_Turtle

Lenapi Indians, natives of New Jersey.
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

Oddly enough most of the Native American Tribes opposed the Colonialists, with the Iroquois fielding the biggest number in battle for the British. They saw the United States as an entity that would take over their land in expansion. Although a lot of Native American tribes never decided one way or the other on which side of the conflict to take.

Although I am sure there were exceptions to that stat. I have both Mingo and Cherokee blood in me (one from each side of the family) and my grandmother made sure to educate me in the knowledge of my Mingo heritage.
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide
BraveSirRobin

Post by BraveSirRobin »

Somebody's been watching The Patriot too much...
you guys have any idea how pointless it is to try sniping with a musket?
I'm not dead yet.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Which is why the colonial sharpshooters were using rifles.

Incidently, the term sniper wasn't in use at the time.

Delta Sierra
BraveSirRobin

Post by BraveSirRobin »

I was under the impression that rifles were not in widespread use until the Mexican-American War... then again, it has been several years since I've had a history class...

And Ben said "snipe" first. :P
I'm not dead yet.
Bert_the_Turtle

They did have a few regiments of sharpshooters. Usually equipped with their own personal Kentucky Rifles.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Muzzle loading rifles, takes 2 to 4 times as much time to reload them as a musket does, but an effective range 5 times greater or better.

The skirmishers and sharpshooters on both sides used them.

Delta Sierra
Celeste Darken

Bows

Post by Celeste Darken »

I have also heard that bows and arrows could be just as deadly, with ten to twenty times the reload capacity. I believe Benjamin Franklin suggested outfitting the rebels with such armaments, but he was rebuffed because they were not "modern."

Of course, he also suggested making the "country bird" the turkey, instead of the eagle. He said it was more "American." While the eagle is definitely more noble, the turkey does indeed describe many humans I have encountered.
Death isn’t a state of nothingness. It’s a journey. What path are you forging?