Greetings

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
NAIN ROUGE

Greetings

Post by NAIN ROUGE »

I am the Nain Rouge, I am not happy that some of you have decided to try and come into my lair. Digging for gold are you? Trying to find some treasure? Salt mines are very dark arent they.

Speak to me my true name and I will give you an adventure you won't soon forget.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

*yawn*
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

Ok now we have a "red dwarf" on the board. You can keep your gold. My treasure is to advance toward enlightenment a little more each day, and barring that, make the world a little safer place to live every day.

I am curious, however, on any legends of your kind (you are not well known in my homeland) as well as anything else you can / will tell me about your kind - goals, habitat, diet, activity cycle, ect
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Greetin's From Maine

Oh great, another wanna be bad guy tryin to get some attention. Listen pal, Ive seen it before, you are nothing new. We'll deal with you and end up sweeepin you nder the rug like every other clown that has come around.

Oh, and have a nice day 8-)
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Kolya wrote:*yawn*

I believe you said that very well my Russian friend. I do so wonder why dime store villains always flock to these boards like cancer to a prostate?

Adieu
Knowledge is power!
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

I belive they are trying to proove to their friends how "powerfull" they are. this is actually a good thing as it brings them to challenge and be defeated by one of the forces of this time that is more qualified to face them than most. (yes that means all of the people on the boards)
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

I'm thinking some kind of drunk bar bet. A bunch of would be villains sitting around getting drunk. "Dude! You should totally go and taunt the Lazlo Guys!" "No way! That's just stu, stup, stupid." "If ya do it I'll give ya a buck!" "Ok, I'll do it!"
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

You've been to The Brick, too? :lol:
Holister

Post by Holister »

Greetin's From Maine

Ok, that was funny Bert. Nice come back on your behalf too there Koyla Ya know, maybe we should (snicker) give this asshat a serious (snicker) consideration, maybe he can back up his threats (lmao).
Ok, I can't do this with a straight face, Bert, just cap this joker and lets go get a drink. Sides, once Ron gets to this guy with one post, he'll go crying all the way home to mama anyway.

Happy Huntin'
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Bert_the_Turtle

I don't have a bullet that'll travel through the internet yet and fly out someone's moniter.

Yo! Eric! I have a project for ya.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

I just had a real funny image of a demon sitting at a computer typing threats.

But anyway, someone needs to get something going with this monkey.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Bert_the_Turtle wrote:I don't have a bullet that'll travel through the internet yet and fly out someone's moniter.

(lmao) Hey Bert I think that scenario would go something like this - demonic villain typing away at his computer - "you got mail" .click.(BANG!).demonic swearing follows. 8-)
Bert_the_Turtle

Holister wrote: (lmao) Hey Bert I think that scenario would go something like this - demonic villain typing away at his computer - "you got mail" .click.(BANG!).demonic swearing follows. 8-)

Hahahahaha! I almost fell out of my chair!
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Mr. Rouge, I do apologize for my companions. Our "domain" has recently been quite overrun with those we consider "undesirables" as well. So someone's been snooping around in your home, looking for valuables, and you assumed it might be us, since we deal with paranormals like yourself?

I can assure you it wasn't us, but if we can be of assistance in finding out who it was, by all means, please let us know.

Guys, just because someone comes in shouting threats doesn't always mean they're a "bad guy". I'd be pretty pissed, too, if someone were breaking into my home.

Dr. Lazlo held to ideals of compassion. Let's at least try to exercise that while we're in the society he made.
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Bert_the_Turtle

Considering the number of "Villains" we've had come in here lately spouting off our knee-jerk reaction only makes sense.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

That's why I opened my post the way I did.
Bert_the_Turtle

Figured heh.
Kolya

Re: Greetings

Post by Kolya »

NAIN ROUGE wrote:I am the Nain Rouge, I am not happy that some of you have decided to try and come into my lair. Digging for gold are you? Trying to find some treasure? Salt mines are very dark arent they.

Speak to me my true name and I will give you an adventure you won't soon forget.

Does not sound like a call for help to me.

If help is wanted, ask for it. Making blanket threats only gets you dead.
Holister

Re: Greetings

Post by Holister »

Kolya wrote: If help is wanted, ask for it. Making blanket threats only gets you dead.

I agree with the Rusky. Ol Red Dwarf there sounds like he's pickin a fight. Lil' fella should rawl back into his mushroom with the rest of The Smurfs.
AdamaGeist

Post by AdamaGeist »

Hmm... Red Dwarf? Wait, I know who he is!

He's... ARNOLD RIMMER!

If you're in trouble, he will save the day
He's brave and he's fearless, come what may
Without him, the mission would go astray

He's Arnold, Arnold, Arnold Rimmer
Without him, life would be much grimmer
He's handsome, trim, and no one's slimmer
He will never need a Zimmer

More reliable than a garden Strimmer
He's never been mistaken for Yul Brynner
He's not bald and his head doesn't glimmer

Master of the wit and the repartee
His command of space directives is uncanny
How come he's such a genius? Don't ask me

Ask Arnold, Arnold, Arnold Rimmer
He's also a fantastic swimmer
And if you play your cards right,
then he just might come round for dinner

No rhymes left now apart from quimmer
He'd better fade us out before we get to schlimmer
Fade out you stupid plimmer
Holister

Post by Holister »

Wow Adam, I've actually met you, I've read alot of your posts, I've even heard about your mask, but THAT was the scariest thing you have ever done. *-)
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Ok someone has been watching either to much PBS or BBC and it is getting a tad worrisome. :twisted:
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
AdamaGeist

Post by AdamaGeist »

One supposes one's shifting moods might prove to be a bothersome thing. One's attempts at maintaining humanity runs the risk of loosing cohesiveness. For this period of increased risk to ones this one wish to protect, this one will strive to maintain between ancestral and combat mindsets. Appologies if this causes confusion.
NAIN ROUGE

Post by NAIN ROUGE »

Nice try fool. But I give you one hint. Someone wrote some what of a story about me in a rag called THE RIFTER. Wiki my name... You won't be laughing anymore.

I am here in the streets of Detroit. That show called the Red Dwarf has NOTHING to to with me.....

The first person to shout my true name will be rewarded with the quest of a life-time.

Villian? Moi?

You will tremble.

AdamaGeist wrote:Hmm... Red Dwarf? Wait, I know who he is!

He's... ARNOLD RIMMER!

If you're in trouble, he will save the day
He's brave and he's fearless, come what may
Without him, the mission would go astray

Without him, life would be much grimmer
He's handsome, trim, and no one's slimmer
He will never need a Zimmer

More reliable than a garden Strimmer
He's never been mistaken for Yul Brynner
He's not bald and his head doesn't glimmer

Master of the wit and the repartee
His command of space directives is uncanny
How come he's such a genius? Don't ask me

Ask Arnold, Arnold, Arnold Rimmer
He's also a fantastic swimmer
And if you play your cards right,
then he just might come round for dinner

No rhymes left now apart from quimmer
He'd better fade us out before we get to schlimmer
Fade out you stupid plimmer
NAIN ROUGE

Post by NAIN ROUGE »

KonThaak wrote:Mr. Rouge, I do apologize for my companions. Our "domain" has recently been quite overrun with those we consider "undesirables" as well. So someone's been snooping around in your home, looking for valuables, and you assumed it might be us, since we deal with paranormals like yourself?

I can assure you it wasn't us, but if we can be of assistance in finding out who it was, by all means, please let us know.

Guys, just because someone comes in shouting threats doesn't always mean they're a "bad guy". I'd be pretty pissed, too, if someone were breaking into my home.

Dr. Lazlo held to ideals of compassion. Let's at least try to exercise that while we're in the society he made.

You are most kind, KonThaak. Perhaps you will look into who I am, and then you will be able to see my true self. I'm a very fun loving individual and have pulled pranks on the the wisest Jyn. I'm no one to trifle with. I am the harbinger of doom for the great City of Detroit.

And my presence will be felt throughout PANDEMONIUM!!!!!

:evil:
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

http://www.davidaspitzley.org/MythicDetroit/

Nain Rouge is French for "Red Dwarf", and that's a pretty good description. Witnesses of this goblin-like creature describe it as no more than two and half feet tall, covered in dark red to black skin or fur with blazing red eyes.
The interesting part is that the Nain Rouge has a reputation as a bearer of bad tidings.

interesting local legend. may i get teh rest of the storu from the legend's mouth?
NAIN ROUGE

Post by NAIN ROUGE »

Shang Li wrote:http://www.davidaspitzley.org/MythicDetroit/

interesting local legend. may i get teh rest of the storu from the legend's mouth?

In time. In due time.

Old tales told by drunken Irish fools are more truthful then people think. More accurate then anything on mythic detroit.

Seek me out in the pages of THE RIFTER #36
skorzeny

Post by skorzeny »

I came in contact with this red Devil on my way thru downtown motown back in 1977. I was heading up to Saginaw, MI and was driving up I-75 and saw a little guy in all red running across the freeway. I slowed down and watched as the thing lept thru the air and across the concrete barrier and into oncoming traffic. Semi trucks and cars were slamming on their brakes and this thing just zig zagged right out in front of 'em.

Everything came to a stop and the red thing was gone. Next day I was listening to the news and thats the day the worst ice storm in michigan history hit.
NAIN ROUGE

Post by NAIN ROUGE »

skorzeny wrote:I came in contact with this red Devil on my way thru downtown motown back in 1977. I was heading up to Saginaw, MI and was driving up I-75 and saw a little guy in all red running across the freeway. I slowed down and watched as the thing lept thru the air and across the concrete barrier and into oncoming traffic. Semi trucks and cars were slamming on their brakes and this thing just zig zagged right out in front of 'em.

Everything came to a stop and the red thing was gone. Next day I was listening to the news and thats the day the worst ice storm in michigan history hit.

I remember it well Skorzeny. You play around with fire though, well you know the old saying right?

Shot a lycanth once, eh? Brag about shooting a poor defenseless animal?

My hell hounds may have to pay you a visit tonight......
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

NAIN ROUGE wrote:You are most kind, KonThaak. Perhaps you will look into who I am, and then you will be able to see my true self. I'm a very fun loving individual and have pulled pranks on the the wisest Jyn. I'm no one to trifle with. I am the harbinger of doom for the great City of Detroit.

And my presence will be felt throughout PANDEMONIUM!!!!!

It seems I am naive after all. Still, I would rather have tried to extend courtesy first, and extend the offer of help to one I perceived might need it.

I shall indeed attempt to look into it, though I must say that, as a humble druid, adventure is about the last thing I want.

Nevertheless, it has continued to seek me out and find me, so I shall look.