Okay, where are the bodies?

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
Silhouette

Okay, where are the bodies?

Post by Silhouette »

I hate computers.

As some of you might know I consider Florida my back yard. I have worked with you Lazlo Society fellows in the past, and was actually considering your invitation to join you officially until last night.

Ever heard of an "Ankou"? You probably have, given what happened, but until last week I hadn't. An "Ankou" is a kind of ghost. The story is basically a farmer who dies of famine, and his emaciated scythe-wielding corpse rises from the grave and goes on a rampage. The distinctive part of the story is that the dead-farmer is followed by his invisible ox-cart which can be heard creaking along behind him, often heralding his coming. The bodies of his victims are placed in this cart and then delivered each morning to hell when he disappears.

We had an Ankou travelling around rural Florida, killing people with a chainsaw, and sticking them into his invisible pickup truck. Yeah, I wouldn't have recognized the modern "Midnite Madness" version either.

At any rate when I put an end to this thing, it's invisible truck apparently evaporated and left a huge mound of dismembered body parts. Forget bringing them to hell, we're talking the remains of his entire six week rampage of disappearances.

I go and pick up my own vehicle and a bunch of plastic and cleaning supplies to take care of this, and what do I find? Another van already collecting the parts. At first I thought it might be goverment stooges, but then again I know most of the goverment stooges. I do some checking and find that the Van is a rental picked up on Lazlo company plastic.

At least perform the simple courtasy of letting me know when your operating in my back yard.

Oh yeah, and what do you guys want a bunch of dismembered body parts for?
Lightning Plant

Post by Lightning Plant »

Are you sure it was really Lazlo? Someone could be hacking credit records to incriminate the innocent.
Silhouette

Post by Silhouette »

The thought had occured to me. But you might notice that Lazlo isn't exactly saying anything about this officially or otherwise. I would imagine their credit wouldn't be an easy thing to hack given that their members have a reputation for being quite computer savvy.

A simple apology and/or explanation would be nice. Even if it's just that they lost some credit cards in the field and forgot to cancel them.
PSC27

Post by PSC27 »

Actually, I have heard of him as more of one of the faer folk...But that is of course because I am British. Here is a good story about him. http://death.monstrous.com/ankou.htm

So, he has up graded his hearse, drawn by four black horses. Hummm...Interesting!
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Don't sound like the LA's style, they've always struck me as the type to spend time investigating, rather than useful things like cleaning up.

I think I know what your next mystery is.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra

Return to “Agency Voice”