Of Heretics & Matyrs

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Gothic, lemme just paint you a picture... Scientists were working on bioengineering a cure for AIDS, a cure that would've helped hundreds of thousands of people in a short span of time, and countless more people in the long term.

Now some stuck-up, arrogant people come along, and using reliogion as their shield, bring the testing and research to a grinding stop. Now, because a handful of people think they have a direct line to "God", more and more people suffer and die from AIDS every year. They have no right to make that decision for all those people. They're not the ones dying from it.

Many of these people also believe that science fiction is the work of the devil, eating genetically altered corn will turn us into Frankenstein's Monsters, and that if we continue to develop our computer programming and robotics fields, then machines will develop their own AI, learn to hate all humans, and destroy all life as we know it on the planet.

I think these people are worthy of far worse than the title "religious fanatic", wouldn't you?

...Can we get back to stopping this pandemic, now, please?

So the old test sites can't be used. What about quarantining a person who's been infected, and isolating the virus with negative energy? Could we produce an anti-virus from that?
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

First I must say Mr. KonThaak, your skills of debate and theologian studies are facinating. I agree with many of your outlooks on those very topics. Your level of patience and open minded understanding are also to be admired in the face of close minded ignorance.

But I again digress. You have a valid point KonThaak, even for a druid. But it would be extremely dangerous to catch an infected person, and then attempt to study, re enegineer the virus, and then find a countervirus. It is far too risky. The negative enery only seems to retard the developement of the parenovirus, it doesn't halt it completely. Besides, once infected, that person is contaigious for the first 24 hours. The chance for spreding the disease is too great.

(phone rings, he answers) Yes, I see, wait one moment....does anyone here come from New Jersey or the Chicago area? We have two more outbreaks, they are contained for now, but this is getting redundant.
(Into the phone; I don't care what it takes, find Savarius, what I though they once they die, they die, WHAT! Call me back with any further developements). Apparently those individuals who die from the parenovirus don't stay that way,
humans seem to come back as PPE vampires capable of spreading the disease further. Gentlemen, we have a problem...I'll be going into bunker now Mr.Turtle if you don't mind.
Knowledge is power!
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Yea, like that lady trying to cure her werefriend. Last heard from... over a year ago.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

I was in NJ but I've moved out West to secure a safe zone for Society members and their loved ones.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
BraveSirRobin

Post by BraveSirRobin »

Regarding the capture of the infected or killing this Savarius fellow: you're a member of some massive hidden organization with enough orbiting death satellites that you can just throw one away to attempt to gain our trust. Now I don't know about anyone else, but the last I checked, attaining orbit was DAMN expensive, let alone putting lasers, nukes, or anything else of the kind up there. And lasers, nukes, or whatever you have in your satellites indicate serious technological know-how.

Now, you tell us we're dealing with a virus that infects just about anything that lives or once lived. That, to me, says to use something that was never alive to begin with... in other words, robots. Surely, with an organization as technically proficient and well-funded as yours, you can manage something in that area... remote controlled spyplanes with C-4 strapped to them at the very least, better still some of those SWAT bomb disposal robots with the built-in shotguns, and maybe even something better that doesn't officially exist.

On a side note, it's amazing how accurate a description of my mother KT gives... though she tends to throw in a "there's absolutely nothing supernatural BUT God" bit.
I'm not dead yet.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

I...have to say I have EXTREMELY mixed feelings about receiving a compliment from you, Stephen.

But back to the topic at hand...

Stephen, you helped build this shit-nest, and you're gonna help us get out of it. The way I see it, waiting to find this guy to act isn't an option. Neither is counting on getting the antidote/antivirus/whatever from him when you do get him. We need to act, and act now...

I'll help catch one of these things if need be, but we need to do something. And no, "hiding in a bunker" doesn't count as "something".

There's too many people that our hiding in a bunker won't help.
Bert_the_Turtle

"I'll help catch one of these things if need be, but we need to do something. And no, "hiding in a bunker" doesn't count as "something".

There's too many people that our hiding in a bunker won't help."

Again I'd like to point out that some of us have families that we might want out of harm's way while we deal with this stuff.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Ah, see, I guess I read more "hiding with our families" than "hiding our families". My wife may not go; she's very proud when it comes to me protecting her...

At any rate, that comment was more aimed at Stephen than you.
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Well gentlemen it is now confirmed. I have been told to offer what ever resources the Society of Shadows has to offer you in the capture and apprehension of Andre Savarius. Any and all information, data, and research facilities will be opened to you, but only to those of you here, Due to strict security precautions (Im sure Mr. Turtle would appreciate this).
Knowledge is power!
Gothicfox

Post by Gothicfox »

Its nice your offering your services to us, but what are you offering? So far this guy is a ghost who can't be found? Do you have anything on hand that we can use to find this guy?
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

(Re-enters the cabin alone), " Gentlemen I believe we may have a problem, a bi-plane that seems to be doing some late night out of season crop dusting is heading right for us. I would not worry though, for I believe that Kon Thaak has things under control. Now since I have not heard a crash, he must have succeeded. Let us see if we can not locate KonThaak and see if the pilot is alive. "
Last edited by Stephen on Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Knowledge is power!
fate

Post by fate »

(Fate moves towards a closed chest in the den, opens it and retrieves a PSG-90 sniper rifle.)

I'll see what I can do about the plane, anyone else who thinks they can help your more then welcomed to join me. Everyone else stay inside and keep the doors and windows closed.
aut vincere aut mori=Either to conquer or to die
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

<-- dashes into the kitchen and starts rummaging through the cupboards muttering "teapot, i know they have a teapot here somewhere, let me see, clove, check, mint, check, oolong, check, mandrake, check, ginsing, check, ginger, check, right the bag i brought for the host - got a full tea set in there"

<-- gathers up and begins to unwrap a purple silk bundle. "good still intact, not broken" as the silk winds away there is within a bundle of paper slips of many colors, and an exquisite white jade teapot and 4 matching tumblers.

<-- no longer running begins to walk back into the kitchen with a slow, stately stride, muttering something in japanese under his breath
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Greetins' From The Town Jail?

Well I appreciate that you fella's are keepin it nie and tidy up there but who through Teddy McGirk out of his bi-plane? He ok, but he said something bout a falcon turning into a man and tossing him headlong out of his plane?

Anyway after some coffee and pie, he settled down and told me about some guy who wanted to rent his plane. He also told me he kinda blanked out after he told the gu "no". Last thing he remembers is being tossed from his plane.

I ran the guy's description and saw someone fitting his description, so I tailed him to the motor lodge. I called in back-up, busted into his room, and arrested him. He tried some of that magic stuff, but I tazered him before he could finish.
I don't know much bout magic users, but I think that keeping his hands cuffed behing his back is a good thing.

I tried interrogating him, and after a little "persuasion" got him to talk about some cult called the "Right Hand of God" and some guy called Savarius. Dosen't know where Savarius is, but the cult does.

While Im asking, anyone know how to keep a mage under arrest. I don't want this guy getting away until Im thouoghly done with him.

Well, I did my part, happy huntin' fellas.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

That plane was unsafe! He should be glad I commandeered that thing. (Not that I really know how to fly it, but still...)

His lane can be found a few miles west of town. There's an old field, looks like it hasn't been tended in quite some time. I think Fate, Stephen and the others already took the cannisters marked "PV" from it...

Aside from THAT safety hazard, one of the wheel's legs is busted...and while I can't necessarily prove that I didn't do that during my emergency landing on frozen and uneven soil, I think it's far more reasonable to assume that the mage you now have in custody just didn't want your friend to land safely.

Speaking of whom, keeping a mage in cold-wrought iron has a serious dampening effect on their magic. The more iron you get him in, the worse off it'll be for him.

I have a theory on why that is, involving the atomic weight of iron and black holes, but I doubt anyone seriously cares, so I'll just let it drop for now...
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Oh, and sorry for leaving the party so suddenly, guys. I had work the next morning, so I had a great need to be getting home.

Thanks again for the lift, Bert.
Bert_the_Turtle

Uhhhhh, KT. I was never there. Had I attended I would've driven up the coast and wouldn't have come near your area.

Has anyone seen Mr. Asshat lately?
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

...Ooooooooookay.

This druid is now officially creeped the hell out.
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Well Gentlemen

Thanks to your efforts, my orginazation has 50 gallons of Parenovirus to study and the location of the cult that is finacially backing Savarius.
A would call that a success.

Thank you gentlemen, especially you KonThaak, and I expect you to uphold our little arrangement.

As for the virus from the plane I have have arranged secure transport
to an undisclosed location for its further study. An attack on the cult's compound may be in order though. I fear Savarius may not be there, but someone there is bound to know.

I will conduct some research and attempt to post a location if possible.
Knowledge is power!
Bearshaman

Post by Bearshaman »

Are you seriously going to let that....{Can't think of anything disguisting enough to compare him to}..."person" walk away with the Panovirus?
Somethings man was not meant to know..others man doesn't want to know.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Stephen: It is unfortunate that events have been driven to a point where such an arrangement had to be made. I still find many of your methods distasteful, and still vehemently disagree with them...but at least now I understand a bit better. Don't worry; I gave my word, and I'll keep it.

Bearshaman: Even Fate doesn't have the labs we need to work with the PV. As for Savarius...Fate should have the same information that Stephen has as to the location of the cult. If you wanna race him, by all means, go ahead. In the meantime, I don't think we're gonna have any problems from the Society of Shadows anytime soon, and from the way Stephen was talking, they're going to get things taken care of.

So all in all, I'd say that this is their problem, and I fully intend to take a mini-vacation from all this mess.
fate

Post by fate »

I’m afraid KT is right. My group doesn’t have the facilities necessary to work with the virus. An no matter how much it may bothers me to let Mr. Stephen walk away with the only sample of the virus we’ve come across….we simply have no better option.

I have two insertion teams on standby ready to move as soon as we finalize the plan and get an 100% for sure fix on the cult. I hope to be coming back with a large number of captives and not a large number of body bags.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

May all you believe in be with you when that goes down.
The Traveler King

Post by The Traveler King »

*blinks*
A. Pendragon

Post by A. Pendragon »

fate wrote:I’m afraid KT is right. My group doesn’t have the facilities necessary to work with the virus. An no matter how much it may bothers me to let Mr. Stephen walk away with the only sample of the virus we’ve come across….we simply have no better option.

I have two insertion teams on standby ready to move as soon as we finalize the plan and get an 100% for sure fix on the cult. I hope to be coming back with a large number of captives and not a large number of body bags.
Well they are cultists, so if you gotta bag and tag them, I got some bags... from a company called Glad... Hefty Bags!! Cultists deserve no respect.
Fear the night because the night doesn't fear YOU!!!
Something that I have learned in my life: The dead just dont stay dead.
Freedom isn't as free as we have been taught!
fate

Post by fate »

The cult has been taken care of…for good.

I didn’t want it to go the way it did but they left me no choice. They had air canisters with the virus in them, they used them like mace on my people. I lost two of my men to the pathogen….we had to burn there body’s on the spot. After that I approved a full cleansing of the sight.

We did get a little information about what they planed on doing with the virus. They were going to infect some of there more fanatical members and then send them out into the world to infect others until they expired. Then there bodies would become a breading ground for the disease.

Now there is no way of knowing where the mastermind behind this whole thing has gone. Well….we do have one “survivor” he’s on intensive life support and may not make it through the week, but if he dose come through then he’ll wish he had died when we get in his head.
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Congratulations Mr. Fate on your valiant efforts. Our research into the acquired Parenovirus is slow at best. There is some some unknown base gene code we can not break as of yet, but we are working on it.

We do have a lead into whom may be supporting Savarius' efforts. I am both pleased that Savarius' hacker forgot to purge the central "dump" drive used for basic intel which we have gathered. It has given us a lead as to whom we are dealing with. The bad news is that it is a Lazlo Society inner sanctum member who is responsible. The evidence points firmly in that direction, but I find it hard to accept. You may have a mole gentlemen.

I will do what I can to unlock this mystery further. But for now, I can only wait.

Adieu Gentlemen
Knowledge is power!
fate

Post by fate »

I have some good news…if that’s what you can call it. We were able to wake up the injured cultist. One of my psi’s was able to allow the man to borrow his life force, much like a battery.

His name is Devin Carlilse. He was once a fanatical member of the IRA. Long story short, he eventually fell in with the “Right Hand of God” and shortly after, moved to the top. There organization has a far reach, they are setup in most major city’s and are also we’ll armed.
Now this is the disturbing news. They have at the minimum 5,000 gallons of the virus spread out across the country. There are at least 104 locations that the virus can be spread from.

I haven’t been able to get anymore out of him. The strain on my men’s minds is starting to take its toll. Bringing him back into the waking world is getting harder and harder.

Also if there is a mole in the society I ask for the society’s permission to conduct the investigation. I mean it is what we do hear at Graybeard.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

No offense, Fate, but we've no evidence that there *is* a mole. That could've been the hacker being more clever than Stephen's men gave him credit for, and leaving false leads in the database. If that's the case, then no investigation is needed.

I know paranoia is a way of life for us all, but I don't think we need that added extra top to it all...

If others disagree, and feel that such an investigation is in order, then I would say that you are one of the most qualified...but I would ask that Ron or Bert run a cross-investigation, so that we have noone left out of it.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Greetin's From Maine

Come on guys, I seriously doubt that anyone here at Lazlo would stab us in the back. But then again how well do we know each other. Oh man, Im startin' to sound paranoid. See what this guy is doin'. I ain't gonna trust no Shadow Society goon who's probably out to get us anyway. Wait a minute...we got this Crane guy, that Smurf Red Bull or whatever his name is, and the Asshat Sodomy guy from War Stories, damn, bad things do come in threes. Looks like I owe Rourke a round at The Brick.

Happy Huntin'
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.