Poll: What Gifts do You possess

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.

What Gifts to you possess

Poll ended at Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:43 pm

Very sensitive to that which is around me
7%
I move things with my mind
No votes
I'm able to make others feel better
No votes
I like to play with fire
No votes
I create things from my imagination
No votes
I am very gifted at something
14%
I have tomes of spells and know how to use them
21%
What powers?
14%
Other (List Below)
43%

Total votes: 14

DarKnyht

Poll: What Gifts do You possess

Post by DarKnyht »

Just curious of if and what gifts everyone has.
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide
Crosshair MT

Post by Crosshair MT »

Well my gifts are the ability to build weapons with any matierial avalible, and not crude designs either. I also am much stronger than most top athletes, I came from a world almost identical to this one, we did not have as much of a paranormal problem as here. There comic books were a reality, a very large portion of the population had super human powers of some kind, there were even aliens walking among us. I guess I am similar to the Genius/Physical Psycic I seen referenced in Dr. Lazlos' works.

I have fought people who could fold, bend and mutilate some of the creatures we have seen here. I always wanted to be a hero growing up, just never thought I could because I didn't see my abilities as super hero stuff. I ended up a wanted criminal because I took the law into my own hands to punish criminals no law would touch. Here I am happy to take out these things feeding on humanity.
There will always be a reason to fear the unknown, fear is a good way to ground yourself in reality, or at least the part of it that leaves you sane. ( Funny term for those of us that deal with the supernatural.)
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

I have the Power to put Foot to Ass for my species. (I really wish I'd seen that "What Powers" option.)
Just an ordinary guy who does battle with the extraordinary.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Eric Eland

Powers

Post by Eric Eland »

I do magic, sometimes, other times it does with me.
The flows of magic are whimsical today, and by that I mean they kicked my butt.
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

I ain't got no powers, Jack, but I'm crazy strong, and one of the Society's best martial artists.
Lazlo Field Agent
More Qi! Train Harder!
http://usashaolintemple.org/
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Wait, Willie, "one of"? Being just a tad bit modest, are we? *poke poke nudge nudge*

I'm the resident druid. I do a few things up there, and with practice, I could probably do a few others. Right now, my main focus is on healing and protection, though I'm also capable of the occasional major ritual, when the times call for it and the situation is desperate enough.

Which I'd say it is, at the moment. C'mon, Eric, get my wolf down to that Nexus Point...
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

My "powers" as you seem to think of them are a well trained body and mind (although age has slowed my blades somewhat) and a knowledge of the spirits that inhabit all things along with the knowledge of what rituals to use to attract and/or drive off some of those spirits. it has also been brought to my attention that my knowledge of chi is considered by some of you to be a "power". i'll leave the showing off to the next generation of warriors to fight the akuhei kami.
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Never a bad thing to learn from ones Wise Elders.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Determination, skill and experience.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

KonThaak wrote:Wait, Willie, "one of"? Being just a tad bit modest, are we? *poke poke nudge nudge*

It's possible that Razor, Bowie, or Shang Li could give me a run for my money. One of these days I'll have to meet them and see.
Lazlo Field Agent
More Qi! Train Harder!
DarKnyht

Oops slip of the keyboard

Post by DarKnyht »

My "powers" as you seem to think of them are a well trained body and mind (although age has slowed my blades somewhat) and a knowledge of the spirits that inhabit all things along with the knowledge of what rituals to use to attract and/or drive off some of those spirits. it has also been brought to my attention that my knowledge of chi is considered by some of you to be a "power". i'll leave the showing off to the next generation of warriors to fight the akuhei kami.

Didn't mean any disrespect, just a slip of the keyboard. Probably would have been better to phrase that as "What abilities/gifts?".

Trust me there is no showing off here. I was just trying to get to know those I am talking and working with a little better.
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide
SensorArray

Post by SensorArray »

I posess a skeptical and rational mind. Oddly enough I'm completly facinated by the supernatural and the unusual. I think that unless someone like me seeks out such things with the tools and rationale of today that society will slip back towards the older days when superstition had a stranglehold on society. I also belive that there are too many people who use the guise of the supernatural as an excuse for preying upon others or stirring up a ruckus. I also posess (in a manner of speaking) a corporate backer who is willing to finacial back some of my goals.
When caught in a raging river sometimes it is best to cease your struggle and let it take you where it decides.
GRIM

Post by GRIM »

I was once a The Great Destroyer, I fed upon the blood of kings, I have wiped entire races into extinction, I slayed the angelic host by the hundred, but now I do not my purpose...I have gained an insight I did not expect, nor did my former masters want me possess. I am now stronger because of it, and hunt them and there minions down every chance that befalls me. I care not for man, I make that clear, nor do I seek redemption.
I am what I am, a monster with a conscious.....
AdamaGeist

Post by AdamaGeist »

I have the power to know better than to tell everyone and their creepy uncle what I can do.

And one more thing... GRIM, it was? Don't get in my way. I know what you realy are, and if you don't want to be returned to a state more primal than you think you can be...

We all have our inheritances.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Greetin's From Maine

I ain't got no powers, magic, or special training. I don't know jack bout that martial arts stuff either like some of them fellas. I don't even have an arsenal, teams of men, or all them conections like other society folks do. I just rely on
me, myself, and I, oh and my loyal dog Duke. Heck, most things my two
fists can't hanld, my .45 can, and if I need to really make a point,
I break out Bessie. Its like I say,
" My shotgun's got two barrels, which one you got dibs on. " Thats right.

Happy Huntin'
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Everyman29

Anybody need an answer?

Post by Everyman29 »

I have a plethora of resources at my disposal, and use them to help research and determine the nature of the threats and events we describe here. I possess the gift of knowledge, or at least the means to acquire it.
I am the Everything Man
Razor

Re:

Post by Razor »

I personally have a wide range of skills and abilities. Years of self-reliance, and training, among other things have given me this. I've had to pull off stuff by the skin of my teeth because no other single person would help, or see what was right in front of them.

It's good to have friends.

Oh and Sifu Long... I would love to spar sometime.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Willie Long

Re:

Post by Willie Long »

Razor wrote:Oh and Sifu Long... I would love to spar sometime.

Next time I'm in Texas, yo. :D
Lazlo Field Agent
More Qi! Train Harder!
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

I wouldn't say that I have powers per se, but being bonded with a millenia old enchanted sword does have its perks. I can draw on the collected experience and knowledge of each and every previous wielder of Karlash, not to mention the wisdom of Karlash itself. I seem to heal a little faster than I used to, and demons just don't frighten me (they only seem to piss me off).

Still, I'll never be able to lead a "normal" life, and I'm bonded to this sword till the day I die. I'm caught in this eternal war of good vs. evil.

And I wouldn't have it any other way. :wink:
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD

Return to “Community Outreach”