Have you seen Beyond the Supernatural Game?

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
Psychic Kitty

Have you seen Beyond the Supernatural Game?

Post by Psychic Kitty »

Hello Kats and Kittens,

An acquaintance showed me a role-playing game by a company called Palladium Books. I don't play these kind of games so I figured he was showing it to me because of the subject matter. I couldn't believe my eyes, however, when he flipped to a page with OUR logo and a fictionalized version of the Lazlo Society and Lazlo Agency. Is this a problem for us? I'd hate to see a valuable resource like this trivialized in a game. Is this copyright infringement or something? Does the Agency have an attorney on staff? You might want him to look into this. Thought you out to know. :!:

I must confess, I was please by the serious tone of the book and more than a little surprised by the level of accuracy on much of the material and subject matter presented. Of course, it takes a Hollywood twist and turn, but from what I skimmed, it was an interesting read.

:idea: Could it be that one of us is freelancing as a fiction writer? Any true confessions?

Psychic Kitty 8)
Bob Trustworthy

Post by Bob Trustworthy »

Hey Kitty Kat

I'll be running out to my local game shop and picking up a copy of this game. :shock:

I used to do a little RPGing and played a few Palladium games when I was a kid (Robotech and Rifts). I really enjoyed a lot those games, though I have problems with some of the rules. I've read online that the owner, Kevin Semboda, is a power hungry maverick who can be a real jerk and is overprotective of his intellectual properties. I'm surprised he used the Lazlo Society without permission. I'll let you know what I think after I've read it.

[/b]
Bob "King Kong" Trustworthy

Anarchy is good, don't trust anyone over thirty or in a suit
A. Pendragon

Post by A. Pendragon »

"people", this is a serious site. games are not played here. we deal with forces here that are beyond your pale recognition.
Silhouette

Post by Silhouette »

A. Pendragon wrote:"people", this is a serious site. games are not played here. we deal with forces here that are beyond your pale recognition.

Normally I have more than one thing on my plate at any given time. For me investigations rarely involve taking a single case from it's beginning to it's resolution without anything else intervening. "Movie Of The Week" paranormal adventurers have it easy since they only have to deal with 'the' plot. Not a bunch at once.

At any rate for the last two months I've been looking into this RPG called "The Starborne World", by Stargods Press incidently. You may or may not have heard of it. It's your basic science fantasy type game, that kind of combines the premise of a more horrific "Shadowrun" with that "Beyond The Supernatural" type stuff.

Stuff keeps trickling down to me about how people playing this game have been acting weird, comitting crimes, committing suicide, and other things. I tended to chalk it up to '700 Club' type stuff, but recently I've been beginning to wonder.

When I first started to pay attention an aquaintence of mine who lost her daughter and blamed the game showed me something wierd. One of the pictures in the book looked exactly like her daughter, but only if viewed under the night sky. During the day time it looked like your typical piece of leather-clad cyberpunk fan art.
Lightning Plant

Post by Lightning Plant »

I've never heard of any "Palladium Books," or this game you're talking about. I've seen a game called "Past the Paranormal" from Gantrium Books - my copy came is a few days ago, in fact - but that's all.
randy_eh?

role playing games

Post by randy_eh? »

These role playing games sound intriguing. Does anyone know where I can find the "high stakes" role playing games at?

-Randy
Sean O'Neil

Post by Sean O'Neil »

I have indeed heard of Palladium books, but I don't think they have anything to do with the Lazlo Society. Oh, I'm sure a few people here and there have heard of Lazlo before but that doesn't mean anything.

If you want RPG games go to http://www.rpgshop.com. My ex-girlfriends little brother use to buy games from there.

Anyways, lets keep this forum used for talk about the unknown and supernatural.
Mr Sterling

Post by Mr Sterling »

Let me reassure you all that there is no such place as palladium Books. There is as much truth to the rumours as there is to the reality behind the Easter Bunny and the Aurora.

It is nothing more than the fanciful propaganda generated by a few individuals to ensure that those 'outwith' the realms of modern society have more to fear than human nature itself.

I even hear tales now that the so called 'Beyond the Supernatural' exists in more than one form - ludicrous.

Such is the ways of the speculating mind and the obvious flaws in the arguments of the 'so-called' original manuscripts.

Please, my friends, do not feed these foolish conspirators with more fuel for their fires.

The sooner you understand this, the safer you will all be.

Trust me.
"It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge....."
alias

games

Post by alias »

i play games, i play with my head, skittles
rainbow, fruit flavers
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

well spoken....I think. Any computer programmer elites around? My favored techie is working on a project for me. Perhaps a VR simulation could be developed for those with little experience dealing with what we do. Maybe a good training tool.
The Silence holds the answer

Never forget.....nature adapts
randy_eh?

Re: games

Post by randy_eh? »

alias wrote:i play games, i play with my head, skittles

Do you play for money? :)
My snap shot is as quick as a Wayne Gretzky slap shot!
alias

games

Post by alias »

I need money. If you wnat I play games for your money, but you have to buy me more skittles
rainbow, fruit flavers
randy_eh?

Post by randy_eh? »

alias wrote:I need money. If you wnat I play games for your money, but you have to buy me more skittles

OK. But first you'll need to learn how to play. I suggest that you start watching the Texas Hold'em tournaments on ESPN.

-Randy
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

Nah, his favorite channel is the classical channel. Besides, with his ability with numbers. Randy wouldn't stand a chance.

Lots of skittles for Alias

randy_eh?

hush

Post by randy_eh? »

That's precisely why I want him to watch ESPN's Texas Hold'em. I figure in no time he and I can enter some of these tournaments. :D
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

lol

alias

games

Post by alias »

Mama never caught me, but you can play card games on the computer for free. There are many sites. Check out this site:http://www.holdempoker.com/. I know I shouldn't but these numbers are really easy. I write to them asking to play for skittles, but they alway says no. My favorite online card game is 21 or blackjack; but they only use seven decks in their case. It's too easy. There are 21 cards of each type or .0286821 chance to get a sinlge card. 27.5% chance for a 10 spot. FHhd948fjaksdvnjda943ddcakaja. Ops need more skittles. Gotta go.
rainbow, fruit flavers
randy_eh?

Post by randy_eh? »

alias wrote:Mama never caught me, but you can play card games on the computer for free. There are many sites. Check out this site:http://www.holdempoker.com/. I know I shouldn't but these numbers are really easy. I write to them asking to play for skittles, but they alway says no. My favorite online card game is 21 or blackjack; but they only use seven decks in their case. It's too easy. There are 21 cards of each type or .0286821 chance to get a sinlge card. 27.5% chance for a 10 spot. FHhd948fjaksdvnjda943ddcakaja. Ops need more skittles. Gotta go.

I just gotta know...was the random characters at the end from your face hitting the keyword? :)
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

and I repeat.....

LOL

alias

skittle

Post by alias »

sorry, mama yelled at me for being on the computer, and I then had a sugar crash from the lack of skittles
rainbow, fruit flavers
Jimu113

Psst!

Post by Jimu113 »

Word on the street has it that Palladium is actually a holding of the Lazlo Society, and Beyond the Supernatural is actually a training manual camouflaged as a game. Keep this information on the QT.

:wink:
Son, I've seen more dead bodies than you've had TV dinners-Carl Kolchak, the Night Stalker
Brother Hotep

Post by Brother Hotep »

That Vastly contradicts the huge mythos that suggests that Steve Jackson, Kevin Siembieda, and one other person are really a triad of avatars of Evil Alien intelligences...
" I wanna live, I wanna Love, It's a long hard road out of hell. I want to Live Forever, Forever will always Be... "
Jimu113

*snicker*

Post by Jimu113 »

That's what the enemy wants you to believe.
Son, I've seen more dead bodies than you've had TV dinners-Carl Kolchak, the Night Stalker
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Send them Caliburn's way :twisted:
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Jimu113

Sa-wing, batta batta!

Post by Jimu113 »

Lining them up, so Cal can knock 'em down.
adorabilly

I actually think they may be hiding in plain sight

Post by adorabilly »

Hmmm... I'm reminded of an old gamer friend I used to have. He would often tell me that the best way to hide was to do it in plain sight. This game of their may very well outline the supernatural, but because it is so obvious, and the people who would play this kind of game would be so unbelievable no one would take it serious.

Is this an attempt to discredit the paranormal investigators further? Maybe this "game" is the full truth, but when these things are revealed people will instantly believe it is a fake, and point to this game and say it was the outline behind these wild accusations

I believe this deserves further investigation, and I question the motives of this organization, are they good guys or "dark" minions? Hmmmm.....
Do you really want to know what goes bump in the night?
Lucas Priest

Post by Lucas Priest »

Actually, if you think about it, there was a great many articles awhile back dedicated to the idea that the government would attempt to "de-sensitize" certain ideas by inundating the public with the idea in common media. Hence the massive amount of Sci-Fi movies would "prepare" the public for the idea of aliens. This might just be another example of prearing the public for somthing radical. I mean, think about it: lots of young adults would know how to kill a vampire or a werewolf simply because at least 6 out of 10 have read or seen a movie/book that describes how to deal with them. Although the application is veeeerrrrry different, TV and movies, as well as books aren't that far off. It's just the new medium we pass legend down with, we have evolved past the shaman/elder telling us the way of the world from a campfire, so to speak.
The science of any sufficiently advanced society would appear as magic to those less developed...
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Both of those ideas are really quite cynical.

I'm rather proud of you.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
ash_wednesday

Post by ash_wednesday »

Brother Hotep wrote:That Vastly contradicts the huge mythos that suggests that Steve Jackson, Kevin Siembieda, and one other person are really a triad of avatars of Evil Alien intelligences...
It's actually much, much worst..... :wink:
"She looked good in a 'take me, I'm drunk'sorta way."

"I'm not really evil, I just think in a evil way.."

"Gee officer, I thought she was 18. Honest..."

Return to “Agency Voice”