New idea for a toy/tool.

A place to seek help, or to offer services, dealing with the paranormal.
Crosshair MT

New idea for a toy/tool.

Post by Crosshair MT »

Was bored and surfing YouTube for giggles and found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g77sLmw-UcY

Gonna have to hit the work shop now, cause I want one!
There will always be a reason to fear the unknown, fear is a good way to ground yourself in reality, or at least the part of it that leaves you sane. ( Funny term for those of us that deal with the supernatural.)
Ron Caliburn

Re: New idea for a toy/tool.

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Impresive weapon that one, just watch those home brew explosive shells, they cna be a little heat sensitive and automatic fire generates heat.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
A. Pendragon

Post by A. Pendragon »

Now take that AA12 with silver coatd buckshot rounds and then go werewolf hunting!
Fear the night because the night doesn't fear YOU!!!
Something that I have learned in my life: The dead just dont stay dead.
Freedom isn't as free as we have been taught!
Holister

Post by Holister »

Not bad, but I never cared for automatic shotguns. :wink:
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Semi is typiclaly more than enough - unless your built like Willie any more than a couple of rounds at a time and your shooting the ceiling. I only switch to full auto on my Saigas at point blank when I know I'm putting all the lead into the target.

Delta Sierra
Logan

Post by Logan »

Actually that is one of the nice things about the AA12 platform, the recoil is not nearly as bad as one would expect from a 12 gauge. Fireing left handed I am good for 8-12 rounds to a burst, using single 0 buck. Fireing right handed, I can dump the entire drum on target, but since that is my prosthetic, it does not count, gyros and hydraulics make the entire forearm stable (and unweildy when the gyros spin up)

as for the rounds used in that video, they were a fin stabalized, spin armed framentary micro-grenade. I imagine the fins wrap around the round as it leaves the barrel in order to reduce heat transfer. All in all, a nifty round in the right conditions.
Holister

Post by Holister »

A shotgun is good as a "finish it off" weapon. I personally only use them when what I hit with my .50 is trying to drag what is left of its carcass away with one arm and trailin' entrails.

Even then I just prefer a good ol' 12 gauge pump {chack - chack - BOOM} end of story.

For stronger firepower I use my 8 gauge double barrel {BOOM - BOOM or BBOOOOMM} it I let loose with both barrels at once. eaves quite the mess, but I can't deny the results.

As I said automatics are for guys who can't do the job with one or two shots, or if your huntin' Godzilla. :P

8-)
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I engage at a lot closer range and in a much more mobile kind of fight than you do Ben, the weight and bulk of a .50 is much more of a hinderence, and the damage that a miss or over penetration can do in a crowded city block is too much of a risk.

Besides, I've never run across something that a .308 couldn't penetrate that a .50 would.

Also, even though I own a gun shop, 50 and 8 guage is pretty pricey stuff.

I do quite well with .223, .308 and 12 guage.

Delta Sierra
Holister

Post by Holister »

I suppose you may have a point when it comes to huntin' in urban areas, but up here inthe middle of no where, I prefer the quick kill over just wounding it, pissing it off, and have it slink off to go heal and come back later for revenge.

That dragonfly thing me and GS hd to kill, 12 gauge bonuced off it and even my M-16 rounds barely scratched it. If it was not for my .50 sniper rifle and GS swordsmanship, it may have won.

I prefer not to get into melee combat with some SupNat, that is why I make the best use of my sniper training. You Ron are a urban Guerilla....and you use the weapons and tatic that best suit you.

It all boils down to knowin' your prey and huntin' grounds.

Happy Huntin'
Crosshair MT

Post by Crosshair MT »

Well much like Ron I am usually in an urban environment, and I can usually mod a weapon to work the way I want. I got my hands on one of these that was trashed by the firm, I have built two that have single and triple shot modes, I built one that has single triple and full auto. I have said it before I am a basher, I can never leave well enough alone and have tomod it.

Crosshair
There will always be a reason to fear the unknown, fear is a good way to ground yourself in reality, or at least the part of it that leaves you sane. ( Funny term for those of us that deal with the supernatural.)
Logan

Post by Logan »

5.56mm, 9mm, .45 cal, 7.62mm nato, those are the rounds that I use most frequently. Been working on getting some weapons that can fire shotgun munitions, mostly due to the ease of customizing the projectiles.
A. Pendragon

Post by A. Pendragon »

I actually prefer getting in close. If I need to, I may start off from a distance with some sniper shots, such as when we rescued Hannah the first time from the compound.
Fear the night because the night doesn't fear YOU!!!
Something that I have learned in my life: The dead just dont stay dead.
Freedom isn't as free as we have been taught!
Logan

Post by Logan »

So what's your preference Pendragon? I find that most of my engagements start at 20 - 50 feet, escape range for the nasties depends on how concerned we are about collateral damages.

Return to “Classifieds”