Hello.

A place to seek help, or to offer services, dealing with the paranormal.
fate

Hello.

Post by fate »

Hello good members of the society. I would like to formally introduce myself. I am Mr. Fate, a member of a “governmentally sponsored organization” that specializes in the hunting, finding and exploitation of supernatural/paranormal forces/objects. Oh my did I say member? Oh how foolish of me, what I meant to say was head director of a “governmentally sponsored organization” we just underwent a rather complicated corporate restructuring. A BLOODY mess restructuring is, the dry cleaning bill’s alone to get all that blo ….. Oh never mind all that, such tales are better kept for later times and closer friends.

I have come to the society to lend my help. Now I know some of you might be a bit hesitant to work with the “government”, but do not fear we have but the lightest interactions with the part of the government that can “put you away”. I wish to offer my organizations vast recourses to all members of the society. Why? Some of you may be asking yourselves “why would he offer such help?”, all I can say is my motives are my own and you need not concern yourself with such details.

All I ask is this. Should you decide to let me and my people help you on whatever matter you are researching, to not interfere with the way me and my people conduct our business.
aut vincere aut mori=Either to conquer or to die
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Scariest words in the English language "I'm from the Government and Im here to help"

Reagan
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
fate

Post by fate »

Ah my dear Mr. Caliburn, Somehow I knew you would be the first to reply. You know I do so admire your work Mr. Caliburn, the way you get things done is most efficient, a real cut throat approach. We could use a man with your sensibilities. Have you ever thought of a career with the government? We do hire out free lancers from time to time, and we do pay well. Interested?
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I don't do this for money. I couldn't do this for money.

I do this because someone needs to be out there, on the streets, making sure the kids get home at night.

So take that as a no.

Delta Sierra
fate

Post by fate »

I meant no offence Mr. Caliburn. I was merely extending a friendly hand. Please accept my sincere apologies.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Don't take this the wrong way, Mr. Fate, but I'm siding with Ron on this one... Government suits, whether they officially exist or not, are not entirely people I trust...

My father did some work for the NSA, once. I won't go into details on what or how, because I'm not even sure I'm supposed to know that he did it... What I do know is that he was brought from the airport to a limo, blindfolded, taken to a building that had everything on the interior covered, then told he had to work on the job he'd been asked to do without being able to see most of what he was doing.

Yeah, I trust that kinda setup about as far as I can throw the building it was in. Consequently, I don't much trust any government agencies, "real" or not.

No offense intended to you directly, of course, Mr. Fate...
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Celeste Darken

You and me

Post by Celeste Darken »

You and me both, Fate. Don’t take this the wrong way, but . . . we are very similar, if only in our circumstances: we must earn their trust. There are very few people indeed that want us to meddle in their affairs, but when we don’t, and tragedy strikes, they clamor for the reasons behind our absence and lack of response. Be that as it may, I will meddle. I have powers that set me apart from others, and so I must use them wisely. You are in a unique position; don’t take it for granted or let others make you think you cannot help. Just give it time and do what you can.

Consequently, I have never believed in fate, but if I am ever proven wrong . . . I would like to think my fate is to help Humanity survive, not be a part of their downfall. And just for the record, I don’t trust you yet, either. Again, you’ll earn that with time. As a human, I was woefully ignorant and indifferent of what “Uncle Sam” provided. Now that I have reached the other side . . . I can only think of laboratory experiments. No offense meant, but I am in the most precarious position of all on this boards. It seems to me the world either wants to exterminate my kind or cut us open to see what makes us . . . “tick.”

So, go to, sir. Prove your worth. My bet is you will earn the board’s trust before I do.
Death isn’t a state of nothingness. It’s a journey. What path are you forging?
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

I wouldn't bet on that Celeste I think more people would trust you first.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Yeah. Having been a soldier I trust Celeste more quickly and more strongly than any gov't agent.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Willie Long

Re: Hello.

Post by Willie Long »

fate wrote:Some of you may be asking yourselves “why would he offer such help?”, all I can say is my motives are my own and you need not concern yourself with such details.

That ain't reassuring, Jack, anymore than your "exploitation" of paranormal forces.

I'm not interested in talkin' to the Director, but I'm willing to hear from Mr. Fate. You always a suit, or you an operator once?
Lazlo Field Agent
More Qi! Train Harder!
http://usashaolintemple.org/
Ron Caliburn

Re: You and me

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Celeste Darken wrote:So, go to, sir. Prove your worth. My bet is you will earn the board’s trust before I do.

Well the more rational members of the board anyway

Delta Sierra
fate

Post by fate »

Have I always been a suit? Of course not we all start at the bottom. I would suppose you all would like to know the story of how I came to find myself on the path I now walk. It is a lengthy one and more than likely best posted in the war stories area, but I will tell it here. Read it or don’t it’s up to you.

I started of my career with one of your standard three letter organizations, in of all places there human resources department. One day I was approached by senor management. They came to me and said “they had a new career opportunity that was on the fast track to bigger better things!”. After taking a few personality tests (standard for all career advancements) I was found to posses an “extreme moral flexibility” that would allow me to fit a very important role in the organization.

One little anecdote about my training, during sniper school, I found myself spotted by my instructor, an mind you this was his last chance to find me, if he did I failed and if he didn’t I passed. So there he was walking right at me, I thought I was done so I put my face in the ground and began to think “I wish I was the grass!” over and over aging. I could hear his foot steps coming closer and closer…..an then he stepped right on my back and said “damn, I know I saw him.” I kept quiet and kept thinking “I wish I was the grass!” and he step off and gave the all clear sign, I had passed! Well as you can imagine, the look on his face when I popped up was priceless. An ever since then if I get into a situation where I didn’t want to be seen I would just think “I wish I was…..” with the utmost intensity and people seem to look right past me. You know I never really thought anything of it until just recently.

Flash forward about oh 5yrs and a few political restructuring later, we now find me behind a high powered scope mounted on a PSG-90, sitting in a hot jungle in South America staring at the sweaty forehead of a Columbian warlord who went south on a business proposal. I squeezed the trigger so gently it felt squeezing air. After I reacquired the targets body I could see he was still flailing around on the ground. That seemed quit impossible considering most of his face was gone not to mention that his brain had been relocated out the opposite window of his hut. So as I was preparing a seconded shot, I saw something that has stuck in my mind tell this very day. A large black insect (the size of a small dog) crawled out of the man’s face cavity and scrambled away. Well can you imagine me telling my handlers this story? Shortly after I was approached by another organization who said they could use a man like me to help them acquire certain "items" from around the world. Some in the possession of very bad men. An as I found some in the possession of the right people. That’s when my organization began to turn its head towards the society and its members. That’s when the original Director made the plans that eventually brought about his own death at my hands.

Oh my I have gone on haven’t I. I’m sure you all stopped caring about the story some time ago. The rest of the story is covered in blood and betrayal, and I’m quite sure none of you care to hear it……….even though is dose involve a few of the society member’s and they don’t even know it. I hope the tale was what you were looking for Mr. Long.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

fate wrote:So as I was preparing a seconded shot, I saw something that has stuck in my mind tell this very day. A large black insect (the size of a small dog) crawled out of the man’s face cavity and scrambled away.

...The Namtar are back? How in all the seven hells did that happen?

This is bad news. The Namtar were slave-drivers for the heathen god Baal. They made constructs fashioned like human bodies so the slaves would be able to understand them and follow Baal's orders. That they might have returned may mean that Baal has risen again.

Or, worse yet, that someone more sinister has risen again. After all, in the stories, the constructs of the Namtar had no eyes... How did this one make such a flawless construct as to fool its would-be assassin?
fate

Post by fate »

This thing had eyes and could sweat. The only odd thing was his movements, just slightly jerky but he was on in years so I thought nothing of it. If they are as bad as you say then you should know there have been more then 15 encounters in the last 10yrs according to our records.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

That's...very, very bad news. I'll have to check with some of my contacts and see what they think of this...
fate

Post by fate »

I can send you the case files if you like.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Thanks, but...no thanks. I appreciate it, but unless you can send me electronic versions...I'm not really all that comfortable just giving out my address to anyone.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

fate wrote: I was found to posses an “extreme moral flexibility” that would allow me to fit a very important role in the organization.

And he wants us to trust him.

Delta Sierra
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

fate wrote:An as I found some in the possession of the right people. That’s when my organization began to turn its head towards the society and its members. That’s when the original Director made the plans that eventually brought about his own death at my hands.

Plans involving us.

KonThaak wrote:The Namtar were slave-drivers for the heathen god Baal. They made constructs fashioned like human bodies so the slaves would be able to understand them and follow Baal's orders. That they might have returned may mean that Baal has risen again.

Baal. I've run across that name before.

There was a town called, fuck, uh, someplace where the Russians made steel. The blast furnaces are never shut down, and were used by Stalin to kill dissidents. Supposedly their ghosts haunt the ovens and are part of everything that rolls off the line. :roll:

The book also said that children have been thrown in to the fires, like the Phoenicians used to do when worshipping Baal.

What was the name of the place! Geez, hmm. . . Magnitogorsk!
Lazlo Field Agent
More Qi! Train Harder!
http://usashaolintemple.org/
fate

Post by fate »

I could have them sent by e-mail…..but then you would miss out on the thrill of the spy game! I’ll have the documents dropped at a location of your choosing, just name the time and place.

Mr. Caliburn if it hadn’t been for my moral flexibility, you and other key members of the society could have ended up hurt or worse, by people far less moral bound then myself. The risks I took and risks I continue to take so that you and your people can continue your work in the hunting and killing of these monsters, you will never know. I still have to pick the dried blood of the former Director off my desk, a man I killed with my own two hands to insure he never followed though with his plans. Or perhaps you wanted to be brainwashed Mr. Caliburn, and sent after those you’ve worked with in the past. As I stated earlier, some of the supernatural and paranormal monsters and there relics should remain in the society’s more then capable hands. I aim to make sure that is how it stays. I put myself at great risk for you all, though the reasons may not be clear yet, that is the way it must be for now.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Alright... Near Stratford Square Mall in Bloomingdale, IL, there's a place called CTS. It's on a road called Covington, one block east of Gary Ave. Around back of the CTS building, there's a garbage dumpster. Have the files left there anytime between 8 and 10 AM, morning of Saturday the 9th, one week from today. I'll arrange to have them picked up, and brought to me.

If anything happens to the person picking them up, know that, government or no government, you will be the one to pay the price.
A. Pendragon

Post by A. Pendragon »

Just to toss this out there, but I, during my investigations of the Cults of Night, have heard reference of these "Namtar" being associated with said Cult.
Fear the night because the night doesn't fear YOU!!!
Something that I have learned in my life: The dead just dont stay dead.
Freedom isn't as free as we have been taught!
fate

Post by fate »

An it shall be done. I’ve put all the files on a laptop, the packets are quite thick, so putting them all on a computer was much more efficient. Don’t worry there are no GPS tracking systems in the laptop, but feel free to rip it open and look for your self. Let me know if you require anything else. As far as your courier is concerned no ill shall befall him.

I’ve also decided to allocate more man power to find out more about these "Namtar" nasties.
Bert_the_Turtle

You couldn't just burn it all to a DVD or a CD?
fate

Post by fate »

Fine on CD then. You know you people turn down gifts left and right.
fate

Post by fate »

A bit of information for you all.

In Mesopotamian mythology Namtar was a hellish deity, god of death, and the messenger of An, Ereshkigal and Nergal.

Namtar was considered responsible for diseases and pests, because it was said that he commanded sixty diseases in the form of demons that could penetrate different parts of the human body, and offerings to him were made with the purpose of preventing those illnesses. It is thought that Assyrians and Babylonians took this belief from the Sumerians after conquering them. To some the they were the spirit of fate, and therefore of great importance. This being was regarded as the beloved sons of Bêl. Apparently they executed the instructions given him concerning the fate of men, and could also have power over certain of the gods. In other writings they were regarded the personification of death, much like the modern concept of the Grim Reaper.
A. Pendragon

Post by A. Pendragon »

KonThaak - I will be in the area that day. I can arrange back-up for you when you pick up these files. Let me know what you think.
Fear the night because the night doesn't fear YOU!!!
Something that I have learned in my life: The dead just dont stay dead.
Freedom isn't as free as we have been taught!
Bert_the_Turtle

fate wrote:Fine on CD then. You know you people turn down gifts left and right.

Yeah. Ya know the Trojans were big on accepting gifts from strangers...
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Pendragon: Thanks, but I won't be picking it up myself. Nevertheless, despite the fact that the people I'm sending to pick it up are trusted and will have magical protections on them, any and all backup would be appreciated. Therefore, I think I'll take you up on your offer. As an admin of this forum, I have no reason not to trust you.

Fate: If I'm not mistaken, Baal was a Sumerian "god", and the Namtar were his servants. Given their emaciated and eyeless appearance, it shouldn't be considered surprising that the Assyrians and Babylonians made such conclusions.

All: It appears that Baal is once again moving. It's unclear how or where, but my runes have said as much. My sources are digging; I'll let'chall know when I find something.
fate

Post by fate »

So much paranoia. Tell you all what, I will make the drop myself, so all you people can get a good look at me from the shadows. Now do you think I would place myself into mortal danger? I would think not. You will all see there is nothing to be afraid of.