Killin' Time

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Ron Caliburn

Killin' Time

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I hate metaphysics and existensial crap. I hate having to sit and wait instead of taking action myself. I hate that which can't be seen and touched and killed but has effect.

But here I am, waiting to meet with someone who claims that they can do all this and perhaps, just maybe, get some things sorted out for me.

I'm skeptical . . . not to the extent that Debunker is . . . but I am out of better options at the momment.

If this works, well the results are too much to even hope for.

If this fails, I shouldn't talk about that, in case it makes it happen.

Arrrgh, I hate waiting.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Err, you wanna clue the rest of us in?

And I agree with you, I hate waiting for or relying on mystical stuff. At least the intangible kind.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Nothing I can let slip for Op-Sec reasons at the momment.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Okie dokie.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Anyway, they're here. Time to cose up shop and get down to buisness.

Delta Sierra
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

So as to explain one of my team one Prof. Rosecrest and I were the they Ron was talking about, we had arranged a meeting to exchange some info and work out some details on a possible future Op. I will admit for a moment things were a little strained but between Prof. Rosecrest telling Ron and I we needed to turn down the testosterone and Ron's cat giveing us the ok everything setteled down and we got to the task at hand. So far everything seems to be working as planned.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Yeah, for someone stepping into the den of a person who has taken down almost a dozen werewolves, a vampire and too many ghouls and corpse critters to conviently count in the past year, she has a lot of nerve.

Not that I consider that a bad thing.

I hate having to call in help on something like this, but so far it seems like the best option. Fortunately Mr. Fluffers gave them the all clear. Actually spent most of the meeting purring contentedly in the professor's lap.

Still, for those of you that haven't met him, looking Shadow in the eyes is a thought provoking experience to say the least.

Delta Sierra
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Heh, you said something similar about me as well, as I recall... Anything I can do for you, my friend, just lemme know.

Incidentally, did I flake on our PM convo? I thought I'd replied, but I don't see my reply in my Outbox, and you haven't responded yet, which leads me to believe that I'm experiencing a blond moment... If that's the case, lemme know, and accept my embarrased apology.
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Oh trust me even thou the Prof. is technicly only reserch and support personel she has had her share of encounters as well as dealing with my crew. So she is far from a wilting Flower and willingly speaks her mind.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

KT, Most everybody seemd to disappear. Betwene the bug attack and the turkey, I figured that it was jsut a lull.

Anyway, good news everyone. We have contact.

Sorta, kinda.

I don't quite know what to make of it, but I think Shadow would be the best to explain.

I wonder what colour I should paint her room.

Shit, I better start putting up some walls.

Delta Sierra
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Ok it's not exactly contact well not normaly at least, for those who understand such things I used a power of mine called remote veiwing so as to get a idea of who I am working with that being Rhonda in this case, it also enables me to start getting some basic Intel. As some of you may or may not be aware I can only do this once a day so I will be doing this for a few more days before I try anything more intresting. By the way Ron I get the feeling Rhonda was aware of me when I did this any comments or ideas about that.
Bert_the_Turtle

Shadow, Remote viewing? Didn't the gov't spend millions (if not billions) of dollars trying to develop that sort of thing during the Cold War?

Ron, keep the color neutral with a promise to redecorate as soon as she picks a color scheme. Oh, and you might want to setup an intercom system (especially if you can rig it up to a hand unit you can carry). Coming from the situation you described, she'll either cling desperately to any and all privacy she can get (in which case she'd probably appreciate you giving her as much room as possible including not just barging in on her) or she'll be ill at ease, being used to having people around 24/7/365 and knowing your only a button push away would certainly make the transition easier.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Heh, well, Bert and the others who were in on the Devil's Night fun can attest, my wife painted a pretty good room. I've been lazy about getting pictures posted, usually 'cuz there's dishes and stuff to be done around the house.

She won't have a week off again for a while, but I'll talk to her about the possibility of her going up and doing something nice in Rhonda's room.
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Bert_the_Turtle

Yeah, that was quite the paint job.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Sorry, got a little over excited there. I've been waiting for this for a decade.

Thanks for the advice Bert, I was kinda thinking of something along those lines but I hadn't really formulated plan yet.

KT, well she's always welcome, as are you.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Well, if ya need any help with it let me know.

Painting, moving furniture, whatever.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

That depends on Shadow and if and when he can pull of his plan.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Well if the mystic mojo doesn't work we'll figure something else out.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Ron you remember when I said that I had a feeling that Rhonda was aware of me, lets just say its gone beyond just a feeling this time when I did my thing she was alone in a bedroom hers I think and she smiled and waved at the direction I was veiwing her from. Ron I think we need to have another chat.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

That's unexpected . . . and fortunately I know what you're doing or I might be a little upset about you spying on her in her bedroom.

Check PM.

Delta Sierra
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

I guess I should explain a few things, first off she was fully dressed and I think that if she is somehow aware of me she wanted me to not be able to put it off as she was reacting to someone else who was also there and trust me there was nobody else there.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Just need to make sure the peanut gallery was clear on that.

Anyway, considering the compounds "breeding program" it's not unsurprising that she would be able to detect things that aren't there . . . or maybe it is. Either way, there are a lot of wierd people in the compound.

Delta Sierra
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Ok Ron did my latest RV a few hours ago this time she was on a high point overlooking the compound at least in part I think. I,ve spent afew hours trying to make a few sketches of what I saw would like to run them by you and see if anything looks familar, and maybe start doing some basic planning. I'll try to drop by sometime in the afternoon.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

She must have done a snack run up to wha we liked to call The Stairway. We have an OP up on top and the young girls would often be sent to take food up to the guys on top.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Shadowstalker wrote:Ron you remember when I said that I had a feeling that Rhonda was aware of me, lets just say its gone beyond just a feeling this time when I did my thing she was alone in a bedroom hers I think and she smiled and waved at the direction I was veiwing her from. Ron I think we need to have another chat.

Yeah, that'll stop any Astral Voyeur in his tracks.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Bert please keep such comments as that to yourself, although if she is doing what I think she is you may not be far off. Ok fast and simple explaination for those who don't understand. First off I am not going astral I'm useing an ablity called remote veiwing this allows me to once per day get for all intent a snap shot of a persons life, where they are at and what they are doing at the time this snapshot is taken. Ok next bit most normal people don't have a clue if this is done to them, but a Psi. has a chance to detect this and sheild themselves from such prying, however a Psi. even if they detect an attempt to veiw them they normaly don't know who did it or the direction they are being veiwed from. So far Rhonda seems to not only be aware me witch is kinda disconcerting but that she also has some idea what is going on and to my knowledge no one has told her yet.
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

Bert_the_Turtle wrote:Well, if ya need any help with it let me know.

Painting, moving furniture, whatever.

Seconded.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

So she's a step beyond the norm of what even gifted people are supposed to be capable of?

Theyv'e been trying for decades to encourage the development of those who might make the best soldiers for God's army . . . I wonder if we had a breakthrough?

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

A few thoughts on that Ron:

They're so isolationist I doubt it would matter to the world at large.

If its limited to her and a few others it doesn't make extracting her that much harder.

If its limited to just her and they know it they might actively try and rescue her instead of writing her off as "damaged goods" as you previously mentioned.

If they have a few generations of super psychics in there it will be all sorts of trouble for us; our only benefit, I think, would be our people have years or decades of experience with their powers and I can't imagine those in the Compound get the kind of workout that ours get on a routine basis of monster mashing.

From the brief windows we've seen via Remote Viewing it isn't immediately apparent that she's under any tighter lock and key than anyone else there.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Well, when I left about a decade ago, there wasn't really anybody doing anything spectacular there. Dr. Lazlo states that the young have greaterpotential to manifest powers than adults do. So it is quite likely she is the first and only. Or she and other childrn and adolescents are the only ones with any greater capabilities.

I hav to look at the sketches that Shadow made again, but so far it doesn't seem to me as they have her under extra security (remember the whole dang place is pretty locked down). However, a bedroom alone suggests that she is getting some sort of special treatment, which worries me about time frames.

Delta Sierra