Strange "visitors"

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

If it were just one or two, err, dozen, I might agree that it was some in-duh-viduals, but the sheer volume makes me think its an automated process.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Sorry about that I was not getting the proper idea of proportions. The truth is most as you have pointed out are bots, but I know from past encouters that some very few are not.

P.S. please forgive spelling errors and the like still not back to 100% I will explain later in proper forum just put it this way I have had better years
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Heh, my absence this time was for far more mundane reasons than the last time. Thanks, everyone, for your concern. ...I'm hoping someone was at least moderately concerned?

Long story short, I had a really bad cold that I thought was just allergies. Once I had it finally figured out, I got it taken care of. Until then, I was really out of it...

So, yeah, Ron... PM me with an address, alright? I'll get down to your shop. I'll wear my hair down, and I'll bring my black leather trench, so you'll know me right off. XD I'm telling my wife what I'm doing. She says no guns in the house after our baby's born, and for a large part, I agree with that. ...She said nothing about my car, where I may need them more, anyway.

I'd rather be tried for hacking apart a burglar that I've positively identified as an intruder than be one of those idiots who shoots at shadows in the dark, and takes out their own kid...or, just as lovely a thought, have my kid find a gun and play with it, trigger lock or no. 'Nuff said. Having said that, I do have quite a few places in my car where I can stash stuff where only a dog would find it...

So yeah, I'm more than a little interested in spending some time down in wherever-your-shop-is. Mind if I stash a blanket and pillow in a corner somewhere and call it home-for-the-week?
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

The PM is out bound KT. You might alws want to slip me some contact information so I can process the paperwork required to make everything legal.

I have some nice rigs for setting up in a car, I'll see what I can do for you.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Wow! You're, um...rather far out. Well, I should be able to shave a few hours off the Mapquest travel time... This is gonna hurt the gas budget, bad.

Ah, well... I'll take off in the morning. I should be in by tomorrow night. I'm PM'ing you my info, including my wife's cell phone number and my house phone number, just in case...

I'm leaving Claw here. He says in an emergency, he can work with my wife just as easily as he can work with me...

Something's bugging me, though. Both Claw and my wife said the same thing... They both told me to be careful, and that they had a "funny feeling" about this... Not about you, Ron, just about the trip in general. So I'm bringing my claymore, just to have a weapon along.

My phone has a Wi-Fi, and I may just give up and hit a motel for the night or pull over and nap for a few hours in a rest stop...so if you don't hear from me, check your PM's before you call the president.

Thanks again, I'm looking forward to seeing you in person!
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Lots of people get a funny feeling about me. I'm sure Debunker did too. Probably has something to do with living, working and sleeping surrounded by high powered firearms.

That being said, I've had lots of heavy contacts lately. Perhaps they are sniffing out something around here that's drawing them in.

Delta Sierra
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Posting from a rest stop right now... Theoretically, I'm about two and a half hours or so from Ron's. I just needed to get out of the car for a while, stretch my legs, and keep my muscles from atropheing... This calibur of a trip is hard enough as it is, but my car is stickshift (i.e. no cruise control), so my legs were starting to threaten to cramp... Whee!

Anywho, I intend to try to keep posting here daily this week, keep up on posts and stuff, let everyone concerned know that everything's alright, that sorta thing... My wife might pop on from time to time, she said this morning, so I wanna make sure she knows I'm alright.

Also, this'll be interesting... First time I've met someone in the Society! (Besides Adama, but I knew him before either of us found the LS.) So I wanna chronicle it!
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Hmm, I suppose I should organize some vittles then

Delta Sierra
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Just letting everyone know, I got in safely. Ron's got...an interesting place. To say the least. Not in a bad way, but...I've never been entirely comfortable around firearms, and this place is just ceiling-to-floor discomfort for me. But Ron's cool... May end up warding his place, for my own comfort, and for both of our safetys' sakes, if he's cool with it, but that'll be tomorrow. We had a good dinner, and I had a long day of driving, so I think I've earned my forty winks tonight...
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Ya know, I never expceted a Druid to look like that - but Mr. Fluffers gave him the once over so I kne he was okay.

Brave guy, driving through this neighbourhood with his windows rolled down . . .

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

"Brave guy, driving through this neighbourhood with his windows rolled down . . ."

I have no doubts that you'll make sure he's prepared against the physical, whether it be supernatural or mundane, Ron.

I find a kind of irony in that he's speaking of warding your place and you're equipping him. Talk about covering eachother's weaknesses. Sound plan though.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Heh, when I saw the whole thing about my appearance, I turned to Ron, grinned, and said, "So was it the fact that I was wearing a fox-tail, or the fact that I actually shower on a regular basis? It was the showering, wasn't it? I knew that was a bit much..."

Anyway, I started my daily chroniclings over in War Stories, if anyone's interested in reading them.
Last Moon

Re: Strange "visitors"

Post by Last Moon »

Thank you gentlemen.