Watch the Skies

A place where members can debate rumors and claims of conspiracies, cover-ups and secret government activities.
Ron Caliburn

Watch the Skies

Post by Ron Caliburn »

The Observer wrote:Red rain could prove that aliens have landed

Amelia Gentleman and Robin McKie
Sunday March 5, 2006
The Observer

There is a small bottle containing a red fluid on a shelf in Sheffield University's microbiology laboratory. The liquid looks cloudy and uninteresting. Yet, if one group of scientists is correct, the phial contains the first samples of extraterrestrial life isolated by researchers.
Inside the bottle are samples left over from one of the strangest incidents in recent meteorological history. On 25 July, 2001, blood-red rain fell over the Kerala district of western India. And these rain bursts continued for the next two months. All along the coast it rained crimson, turning local people's clothes pink, burning leaves on trees and falling as scarlet sheets at some points.

Investigations suggested the rain was red because winds had swept up dust from Arabia and dumped it on Kerala. But Godfrey Louis, a physicist at Mahatma Gandhi University in Kottayam, after gathering samples left over from the rains, concluded this was nonsense. 'If you look at these particles under a microscope, you can see they are not dust, they have a clear biological appearance.' Instead Louis decided that the rain was made up of bacteria-like material that had been swept to Earth from a passing comet. In short, it rained aliens over India during the summer of 2001.

Not everyone is convinced by the idea, of course. Indeed most researchers think it is highly dubious. One scientist who posted a message on Louis's website described it as 'bullshit'.

But a few researchers believe Louis may be on to something and are following up his work. Milton Wainwright, a microbiologist at Sheffield, is now testing samples of Kerala's red rain. 'It is too early to say what's in the phial,' he said. 'But it is certainly not dust. Nor is there any DNA there, but then alien bacteria would not necessarily contain DNA.'

Critical to Louis's theory is the length of time the red rain fell on Kerala. Two months is too long for it to have been wind-borne dust, he says. In addition, one analysis showed the particles were 50 per cent carbon, 45 per cent oxygen with traces of sodium and iron: consistent with biological material. Louis also discovered that, hours before the first red rain fell, there was a loud sonic boom that shook houses in Kerala. Only an incoming meteorite could have triggered such a blast, he claims. This had broken from a passing comet and shot towards the coast, shedding microbes as it travelled. These then mixed with clouds and fell with the rain. Many scientists accept that comets may be rich in organic chemicals and a few, such as the late Fred Hoyle, the UK theorist, argued that life on Earth evolved from microbes that had been brought here on comets. But most researchers say that Louis is making too great a leap in connecting his rain with microbes from a comet.

For his part, Louis is unrepentant. 'If anybody hears a theory like this, that it is from a comet, they dismiss it as an unbelievable kind of conclusion. Unless people understand our arguments - people will just rule it out as an impossible thing, that extra-terrestrial biology is responsible for this red rain.'

Seein' as mythology is littered with incidents like the one in India a few years back, what are the odds that somehow, somewhen, the cretures that fell from the sky did somethin' that has altered our development?

So what are they, who are they, and why are they here?
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

I remember there was red rain in Russia, too. Perhaps China as well.

Interestingly, a coworker has told me his personal theory... and when I remembered this story, my jaw hit the floor.

He was talking about intersecting dimensions and such heady nonsense I will never understand, but it is not too unlike the theory mentioned in The Observer.

I promised not to say anymore at this point.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Unfortunate, we could use an investigatable theory

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

He needs to confirm one or two more things.

I will bother him about it, maybe get something working...
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

That would be great.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

"It is all in the math" he would say.

I guess he is just crunching numbers.

Personally I do not understand all that Nth dimension stuff.

I do not want to either.

Just let me know what I need to know...
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Yea, it is very advanced math. Not many humans can understand it.
Наташа Крылова .:. Natasha Krilova
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

The symbols sure are pretty though:)
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

I talked to him before I left.

An update is available.
Наташа Крылова .:. Natasha Krilova
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Yea, Roma is in contact with him now about it.
Razor

Post by Razor »

So far the only dimensions I can track are six. height, length, depth, time, energy, thought. oh wait... if you count it... quantum
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Personally I am into range, elevation and windage.

Delta Sierra
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

It never hurts to know a little bit about higher math.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Thats why I have my friendly nighbourhood geek for.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Ron Caliburn wrote:Personally I am into range, elevation and windage.

Hah, awesome.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Ron Caliburn wrote:Thats why I have my friendly nighbourhood geek for.

Might send it his way. He probably would enjoy it in that geeky sort of way they do.
Razor

Post by Razor »

Range, elevation and windage are all great dimensions. Along with 167 grains of diplomacy.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Sakura

Post by Sakura »

Raaaaazooor... stay away from the guns. Last time Amarillo SWAT visited... well, it was a big mis-understanding. But still.
To see a world in a grain of sand,
to see eternity in an instant...
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Razor wrote:Range, elevation and windage are all great dimensions. Along with 167 grains of diplomacy.

There is always up-close-and-personal diplomacy, too ;)
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Sakura wrote:Raaaaazooor... stay away from the guns. Last time Amarillo SWAT visited... well, it was a big mis-understanding. But still.

Hmmm. Sounds like an interesting evening.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

For some maybe to intresting.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Yea, good thing the Amarillo SWAT are not trigger happy jacks.
Razor

Post by Razor »

Nah. Amarillo SWAT pretty much serves the entire panhandle of Texas, considering its mostly small towns that don't have their own SWAT. Even still they spend a lot of time being bored, which actually keeps them pretty calm, so when something goes down they're pretty level headed. I still don't appreciate my house and computer being ransacked though.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Razor wrote:Nah. Amarillo SWAT pretty much serves the entire panhandle of Texas, considering its mostly small towns that don't have their own SWAT. Even still they spend a lot of time being bored, which actually keeps them pretty calm, so when something goes down they're pretty level headed. I still don't appreciate my house and computer being ransacked though.

Yea, I know what you mean. But from the other side. I get to do the ransacking ;)
Razor

Post by Razor »

Yeah, well the minute you go ransacking through my house is the day I decide to rescend my 'no normal people' policy on my abilities... well excluding the sensing abilities and a few mental nudges here and there.

:P
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

If Amarillo ever falls under my jurisidiction, I will be sure to stear clear of your house.
Razor

Post by Razor »

Now if you wanna come by for a drink and hang out and all, I got no problem with that. I just don't like the mess of picking everything back up from a random ransack. Now, if you want something I have access to, like information, just ask. That will get you farther anyway.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

So I don't have to get you drunk?

Stopping by for a drink sounds good, too. Been hectic lately.
Razor

Post by Razor »

You know... I've never been drunk. The times that I do drink, if I go a little too far, I have been able to filter it right out. Same ability comes in handy for eliminating poisons, especially when I pull them from other people.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Yea, I think I remember telling me that you do not drink.

I am, uh, having a hard time keeping everyone's stories straight at the moment. Very distracted by our investigation into this spider cult stuff. Some very, uh interesting, bits of intel coming out of the questioning.