Bestiary Startup

A place to seek help, or to offer services, dealing with the paranormal.
The Watcher In Shadows

Bestiary Startup

Post by The Watcher In Shadows »

I believe that it is in the best interests of everyone here to keep records of any supernatural creatures encountered. I request anyone who has battled the supernatural or studies such matters to add any information you may have, absolutly anything, weaknesses, strengths, activity cycles, diet, reprduction, etc. We never know when the smallest detail may be important.

I cannot emphasize enough for you not to leave out any detail.

In return I will offer whatever aid I can to your cause, and that can be quite considerable. If there is anything you need or want to know ask me and I will see what I can do.
It is better to equip the warriors of light to fight thier own battles than to fight for them.

I ask only two things, never try to find out who I am and never ask where I get my information.
Debunker
Location: My Paranromal team is based in the U.K., but we travel world wide

Post by Debunker »

Oh boy...

More fuel for the fire, this is just what the Society needs. Start making up wild stories to create the next monster of the week.

Somewhere there is a X-files writer out of work somewhere and his skills could be wasting away here with the rest of the fabricated and imaginary monsters the members of the Lazlo Society keep coming up with.
Elliott James Tobias III
AKA: Debunker

"The truth is indeed out there...science has been pointing it out for centuries."
Elijah Sight

Post by Elijah Sight »

Choosing to ignore the words of the honorable Debunker...

May I be so bold as to submit a format for submissions?

NAME OF PHENOMINA: (Species, common designation, proper name (If applicable))
example: Boogieman, species unknown, goes by name of Thurgo
DATE OF ENCOUNTER: (Day, month, year)
example: 876 West Williker Street, Goma, CA
example: GPS co-ordinates 83, 75, 62
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: (Hairy, 10 feet tall, 8 arms, etc.)
PSYCHIC IMPRESSIONS: (Feelings of foreboding, nausea, etc. If applicable.)
PERSON(S) INVOLVED IN INCIDENT: (Yourself, allies, any others)
WITNESSES: (Anyone and everyone not affiliated with the actual action, but who witnessed events)
THREAT LEVEL OF PHENOMINA: (0 to 10, 0 being desceased, 10 being highly dangerous)
PRE-EVENTS: (Detailed description of events leading up to the encounter. Anything from an invocation ceremony 2,000 years ago, to an idiot kid prying open a coffin.)
ENCOUNTER DATA:( Vivid and accurate description of encounter, including details of the elimination (If applicable) and methods of elimination (If applicable)
AFTERMATH: (Events following the incident, if any are noteworthy.)
NOTEABLE WEAKNESSES, POWERS, STRATEGIES, ETC. (Stakes through chest prove effective. Shoots poisonous snails from it's nostrils. It is a viable strategy to avoid being impaled by its long, sharp claws.)
CASUALTIES: (if any)
IMPLICATIONS: (What this means)
example: The appearance of the Bloogle Beast signifies the coming of Greeglethank, a twelfth-circle demon. Be ready!
POSSIBLE USES FOR PHENOMINA: (Any benificial aspects)
example: Creature will clean your house if hit on the nose
example: Creatures tusks make excellent poison remedies
example: Creature possesses ability to relieve minor colds, if asked politely
"Only the mad destroy themselves and all that they have wrought. But only the Phoenix lives forever."
~Fredric Brown
Jake E.B.

Post by Jake E.B. »

NAME OF PHENOMINA: the creatures that I met in the astral plane.
example: insect like creatures standing 7 to 8 ft. tall with a black exoskeletons. Then there are at the cat like creatures that are plump and ovele with brown hair standing 4 to 5 ft. tall. There at the shape shifting lizard people thay are the most active on this planet having infiltrated our society. The classic gray aliens in league with the government providing information about the future.
The time that these creatures will reveal themselves to the populists will be in the year 2012
PSYCHIC IMPRESSIONS: I feel like they want to incorporate us into their galactic society
PERSON(S) INVOLVED IN INCIDENT: the whole world will be involved when these creatures reveal themselves
WITNESSES: the whole world will see them
THREAT LEVEL OF PHENOMINA: 9
PRE-EVENTS: the government preparing us for indoctrination.
AFTERMATH: our goal in this new society will be to teach these creatures the meaning of love.
NOTEABLE WEAKNESSES, POWERS, STRATEGIES, ETC. the power to astral travel, supra luminal flight, Time travel just to name a few.
CASUALTIES: Those that oppose the new order
IMPLICATIONS: the implications are all-encompassing
There's absolutely no inevitability as long as there's a willingness to contemplate what is happening.
The Watcher In Shadows

Would someone please tell sir Jake E.B. that this forum is only for serious discussion and not, as far as I can tell, drug induced delusions or paranoid conspiracy theories. After all, everyone knows there's no such thing as lizardmen, and them infiltrating Earth? Bah!

As well, I do not believe that he is this excellently written format in the way it was intended.
It is better to equip the warriors of light to fight thier own battles than to fight for them.

I ask only two things, never try to find out who I am and never ask where I get my information.
Jake E.B.

Post by Jake E.B. »

Thank you for your input but Im glad Im a lighthearted person and can take your ridicule. When they come all be glad that I can say that I told you so. Besides I don't see you put'en down any of the monsters that you might have seen, real or imagined. In the search for the paranormal one must look at the psychology of the person is well and I know that Im probably not the most mentally stable but at least Im willing to put myself out there and tell the world what I know. It's really up to the reader whether they take it as truth or fiction. On thes site should everything come from the RPG?
There's absolutely no inevitability as long as there's a willingness to contemplate what is happening.
The Watcher In Shadows

Information about me is inconsequiential, I to make a list of what the investigators here have encountered. And I assure you, if the creatures you say you have encountered DO arrive I will be prepared.

Bearshaman

New Species of Creature..

Post by Bearshaman »

Using the aforementioned format.

NAME OF PHENOMINA: Spider/Human Hybrid, Species Unknown: went by name Cori
DATE OF ENCOUNTER: 31/10/2006
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Resembled average human female, until ready to strike. Then sprouted 4 spider-like legs, 6 inch fangs that were dripping a caustic venom.
PSYCHIC IMPRESSIONS: Feelings of hunger/fear/self-loathing/hatred of the females
STATUS: At least one is deceased. During fight, 3 others came out of the building, but escaped. They were wounded but the trail disappeared, they apparently got in a vehicle and drove off.
PERSON(S) INVOLVED IN INCIDENT: Myself, a victim that they pulled in to feed on, and my 5 partners.
WITNESSES: Myself, my partners, of which only 3 survived the encounter. They wish to remain anyonmous at this time.
THREAT LEVEL OF PHENOMINA: 10
PRE-EVENTS: Several homeless had been disappearing from the area. Police acutally found one body, desicated, from amount of decay on body, unable to detirmine time of death.
ENCOUNTER DATA: Using myself as bait, dressed as homeless, we were canvasing different areas of town. Scented smell similar to one detected on body in morgue, tracked it to address. When rest of group showed up, we approached door cautiously. Realized that the reason that homeless were being reported was that one of the "creatures" was working as a social worker. She was poaching on the homeless, but had also been hunting young men in bars. I assumed my more fearsome hybrid shape, while the others in my group got their weapons ready. We broke down the door in time to see "Cori" sink her fangs into her latest victim. The ensuing battle attracted more of her kind. During the battle I recieved several wounds that took a month to heal, wounds that normally would have healed in minutes if not faster. Two others of our group were not so lucky, in fact, one lady seemed to be singled out for the attacks.
AFTERMATH: The body of the creature semi-dissolved into a black goo, leaving skeletal remains
NOTEABLE WEAKNESSES, POWERS, STRATEGIES, ETC.: Shooting with uzi seemed to work, long as bullets kept tearing into flesh, seemed to regenerate quickly. Poisonous fangs, fist bite paralysis, second seemed to cause flesh to liquify. Capable of generating webs from postieror, very strong...could not break free for few minutes.
CASUALTIES: David Dunn, Mary Robbinson, Jeriame Runningbear
IMPLICATIONS: Something nasty and new.
POSSIBLE USES FOR PHENOMINA: Creature could be useful for collecting spider silk for making bulletproof vests
Somethings man was not meant to know..others man doesn't want to know.
Last Moon

Re: Bestiary Startup

Post by Last Moon »

A pity this didn't catch on. With some proper organization, perhaps a searchable wiki, this would be really useful to those looking for certain repeated phenomena.
Gotham Witch

Post by Gotham Witch »

This would have been nice. It also would have been very full. Of course, it's also hard to tell when multiple people might have described the same creature, but in different ways. Or, equally problematic, when they take human form or shapechange.
"God have mercy on a man, who doubts what he's sure of." - Bruce Springsteen
Last Moon

Post by Last Moon »

Which is why a search function would have been very handy.

Return to “Classifieds”