Agency help requested with a haunted building

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
The Watcher In Shadows

Post by The Watcher In Shadows »

Pastor Greed wrote:I want to tell you all of the Lazlo society that every one of these individuals should be commended. We dwell in a shadowy dark world few can accept much less defend, protect and survive in. The bravery and valor each member displayed is what saved this day. Seeker, Ron Caliburn, Mr. Louis Cifer, The Huntress, Willie Long, Debunker and Terrance McVay are all blessings to mankind’s cause and I can’t thank them enough for their efforts.

And now a word of warning to you all. The demon we destroyed is a loathsome one. It feeds of the emotions of humankind’s lowliest instincts and feeds gluttonously. What was thought to be a possessing spirit at first was really much worse. If you see the signs Terrance did where people lie, cheat, steal, attack, injure or even kill one another over matters of greed, lust, paranoia, jealousy, addictions or wanton excess of pleasure, take heed; a Gormaglut has taken up residence. And where the Gormaglut goes, cruelty and decadence follows on a fast horse.

Firstly, I am glad that all of you have survived without any major injuries and I am just as pleased that the dmon was banished. A Gormaglut you say it was called? I must make sure to add this to my files, please add any details you have to the post "bestiary startup" under the classifieds section.

I can only share my displeasure with the fact that I could not be there in person fighting alongside you, but my thoughts and prayers were with you. Pastor Greed, as a man of the All-Father I am sure you know the power of prayer. Had I any choice in the matter I would have helped you fight the demon in person but there are laws in place that I must obey if I am to continue aiding you as I do.

Pastor Greed wrote:Through the valiant efforts of the Lazlo society members and the will of our lord and savior, the beast has been slain; plunged back into the fiery pits below from whence it came.

The gift of healing the lord bestowed upon me can only heal so much at an instance.

I am glad that you recognize the All-Father's presence and aid in this matter.
It is better to equip the warriors of light to fight thier own battles than to fight for them.

I ask only two things, never try to find out who I am and never ask where I get my information.
adorabilly

Post by adorabilly »

I know something about some of these occurances, adn I still wonder about your Karen.

she may be a con woman, it it also appears odd from your reporting her behavior, and her ability to not be affected by the "creature" you describe. I wonder if she has links, or maybe latent abilities and was working a much larger Con than you may know.

I'd check her out in prision to see if she has any further connections. maybe you could flip her to bring these entities out in the open and further hunt them..... just a thought.
Do you really want to know what goes bump in the night?
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Hey All,

Sorry it's taken me so long to post my part in all of this. I unfortunately had a bit of a run in on my way back from La La Land and had to spend most of the last few weeks convalescing. I only finally got home and I think it's going to take me a few days to go through the backlog on my answering machine.

It was quite the time out there in La La Land. I was pretty nervous about meating sucha big group of y'all (even if I knew a few of ya already) but you all passed the Mr. Fluffers test so I knew you was cool. You can always trust a cat.

So the brainers argued theory and strategy for quite some time while the more serious of us got are stuff together. For those wanting to know, yes Huntress does look like all that and a bag of potato chips, but I gave up on her kind a long time ago and focused on making sure my kit was ready to rock.

Finalyl the brainers had hammered out somethign resembling a plan, and Greed said some words over us. I hope he don't mind if I didn't listen, I was saying my own words inside my own head.

We hit the place and Seeker immediately steers us tot he basement. Which is a neat trick I wish I could do. My tracker, Mr. Fluffers, was too scared to come in the door. Can never trust a cat.

We're on our way when all the street scum living in the palce busts out on us and charges in. Strange they weren't packing some real firepower, lucky too because we would have just been like the ducks at the fair.

Willie, Deb and Huntress held back to amuse the gangers while me and the others headed for the basement. On the way the Padre passed McVay a big ol' bag of salt, teling him to dump it down the heating vents. I couldn't figure that one out at the time, but it probably saved our bacon.

We get to the door to the basement and before I can even get my pick set out, Lou just kinda waves his hand over the lock and it popped open. Another useful trick I gotta learn

We get down there and thigns are quiet . . really quiet. We realize the boiler isn't running so we go to check it out. Empty, except for a well gnawed leg bone. But we do ehar soemthign up in the ducts. We get to the stairs to charge back up when we hear this high pitched squeal come from the boiler, followed by some banging and clanking and finally this thing rolls out the front of the boiler, it's skin steaming from where the salt had burned it.

The thing itself looked like one of those pot bellied pigs the rich and stupid have as pets, except you could tell this sucker was all mean.

I didn't have a clear shot because somebody (you know who you are) decided to make a diving grab for the porker. The result was our fight quickly turned into a pig catchin' contest. For a while the pig was wining, but finally we managed to get it cornered along side the boiler. We were jsut about to grab it when I get whacked from the side and Lou starts screaming at me about being the reincarnated Ecclesia and begins to wail on me.

Now I was busy trying to defend myself from Lou at the time, but I saw the piggy heading for a trapdoor. I yelled at the Pastor and Seeker to get it, but they were too busy beating on each other.

It looked like the beast was about to make it's escape when it made a squal and came flying back into the room. A momment later I saw just about the nicest thing I've ever seen, Huntress striding through the door with a Louisville Slugger cocked for a second swing.

About the same time Deb showed up at the top of the stairs and Louis suddenly stops fighting with me.

Sorry about the knee to the gut and the taser Louis, but I had to be sure

I roll Louis off of me just as the pig gets to it's feat again. it turns looking for the next exist but all it sees is my Piece, then it don't see no more.

Before Debunk can get down the stairs, the piggy had dissolved into a few hundred litle red spiders that scurried off into the shadows.

Can't really comment much on what else happened after that. I amscrayed before the police came, but those that stayed told me the landlord was in on the deal and got taken in by the boys in blue.

Now my drive home, well that's another story.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
mrloucifer

Post by mrloucifer »

Greetings an Salutations mates!

First off I've been in a bit of a sticky jam as of late and it kept me from delivering me side of this little moment in life.

First off, these blokes were all good egg's to take on the baddies with. I'd hunt them em anytime! And Huntress looks as tasty as ever!

Second off Mr. Caliburn, trying to tackle that little bugger seemed like a good idea at the time, aint you ever played in a greased pig race mate?

And I know I was bleedin posessed a while and all, but the gut and taser aint gonna pass me mind mate, I own ya fer that one and will collect someday.

But in the end, evil was punished, Mr. C. and I bolted like Teddy Kennedy after a bloody car accident so I didt see all the finer details either, but it dont matter. The heavy duties were done, its time to call it quits and move on to the pub. But I will say that Gormaglut bugger is nasty and its too quick to tackle so dont bother trying. Shoot to kill and keep your wits about ya!

Till next adventure, CHEERS MATES!
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Lou, just remember this . . . I reached past my .40 to pull the taser.

Delta Sierra
Cybermancer

Interesting.

Post by Cybermancer »

This has all been a very interesting series of events. We are indeed living in interesting times.

Pity I missed out on this one.

Not that I'm sure how I would have managed the situation myself anyway. Might have been nice to get out of the lab though.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Elijah Sight

Post by Elijah Sight »

Indeed... In my research, I have never come across such a thing as a Gormaglut. There are a number of phenomina which match closely the description offered, perhaps you might provide us with a list of "Aliases" or other possible identities of the creature?
"Only the mad destroy themselves and all that they have wrought. But only the Phoenix lives forever."
~Fredric Brown
Pastor Greed

Post by Pastor Greed »

Other known aliases of the Gormaglut are "The Glutton Pig" or "The Demon Lust". Its very presence induces greed, lust, cruelty, abuse and wanton excess in everything (ultimately self-destructive).
"God is always talking to you, but are you listening?"
Elijah Sight

Post by Elijah Sight »

Most helpful, thank you. This phenomina has now been catalouged in my personal databases. And again, a "well done" to you all.
"Only the mad destroy themselves and all that they have wrought. But only the Phoenix lives forever."
~Fredric Brown
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Sounds like quite a wild time. Also an important reminder of how necessary it is to keep alert, not only of external menaces but of your own mind. It further reinforces the necessity of this place as well, not only for calling in various kinds of support but because we need people to help keep us grounded, dealing with Supernatural creatures is taxing enough without them actively manipulating us.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Comming up on the second anniversary of this in about a month and a half . . . lots of voices that are silent now.

Delta Sierra
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Debunker, Huntress, Willie Long, Louis Cifer, Father Arden, Bearshaman, Tabloid Hound...

The list goes on and on.

May all the forces of Light watch over them, wherever they are.

And may are blades exact swift retribution for those who have fallen.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I just looked it over again . . . I'm the only one from that adventure in Los Angeles still up and kicking.

That's not a good sign.

Delta Sierra
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

I don't think we can write off Willie until midsummer... As my memory's coming back, I'm pretty sure at some point he was going to Asia for some very personal training of some new recruits, or something to that effect... I don't remember if it was a PM or a public message, but I think we can safely not hold our breaths on his account for a few more months.

If we haven't heard from him by August, that's when we can start worrying...except that if something's wrong, it'll pry be far too late to worry, anyway...
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Yeah, but what about the others. I know that a few months ago Huntress popped up, but almost immediately dissapeared again. As for the others..??

And I'm afraid Debunker might have found something even he couldn't debunk.

Let's all hope that they're pulling a Ghostspider and will reappear none the worse for wear.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

It's been too long with no word for my liking.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Yea. I have tried a few times contacting, too, but with absolutely no results.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Not good at all.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Yea, worrying. Sometimes strange things happen and folks resurface.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Yes . . . but hopefully it's not because they weren't properly weighted down.

Delta Sierra
Holister

Post by Holister »

They are either dead, or they quit to get on with some resemblance of a normal life. Deal with it already.
fate

Post by fate »

Agent Godhand

A lot of those names dropped off our radar a few months back. Has any one been back out to that LA location recently? I hope what ever it was didn’t decide to take up residency again.
aut vincere aut mori=Either to conquer or to die
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Holister wrote:They are either dead, or they quit to get on with some resemblance of a normal life. Deal with it already.

Not buying it.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

fate wrote:Agent Godhand

A lot of those names dropped off our radar a few months back. Has any one been back out to that LA location recently? I hope what ever it was didn’t decide to take up residency again.

I was out there in December. Everything was normal, except for the missing Society folks. Everything else came up clean. But I did not have all the time in the world either.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Once again; They are either dead, or they quit to get on with some resemblance of a normal life. Deal with it already.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

You can repeat it all you like...
Holister

Post by Holister »

Alright; They are either dead, or they quit to get on with some resemblance of a normal life. Deal with it already.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

We are going to deal with it . . . but we need to find out why and how they died.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Have we comfirmed they are KIA?
Holister

Post by Holister »

thank you.