Just took down some damn thang

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
Scotty

Just took down some damn thang

Post by Scotty »

eww wee, how yall are? yeap, got some good new 'n' some bad news. Tha good news, tha demon that was possessin' Sebastian is dead. Tha bad news, Sebastian 'as been dead 'bout seven eight years.

Now when Sebastian caw'd me up ta see if I could scrape together some folks right quick to come up thar to Chicago 'n' help look for pariah who gone missin' 'gain 'n' just so happens 'at Magdalena was up thar in St. Louis for some CSI conveention... well, eww wee, I don't balieve 'n coinsdences neither. So we had tha elemunt o' saprise. Yeap we fucked it up good 'an 'en it 'sploded inta a shower of purty purple sparklers. 'nd when our vision came back we saw Sebastian face down on tha ground. We rolled 'im over 'n' 'at's when I emptied ma stumach. Ya know a corpse 'at's been animated by holy hell for seven eight years don' look so good yall. Matter fact, it's disgustin' but it didn' bear any of tha damage we did to it with shotguns 'n' machetes. Couldn' really say it looked like Sebastian no more tho. Didn' even look human.

Magdalena said too much time 'ad past for 'er to git a good read o' Sebastian's death, but whatever she saw put 'er on 'er ass 'n' she didn' tawk for a good half hour after 'at. She also said 'at she saw lots of blue 'n' smelt some dirt 'n' 'en smelt wet ground 'n' 'en dirt 'gain as if some kinda desert rain cycle.

Sebastian's assistunt Peter got a fierce case of survava's guilt 'n' can only go on in on 'bout what he could done diffrunt 'n' all 'at. But I been goin' over Sebastian's cases cos he was still workin' cases. Tryin' ta find out tha extent of 'at ma fucker's evil doin's. Maybe 'nother goqua on tha loose. Some kinda trickster. Maybe somethin' ain't nobody know 'about. Best I can tell from tha files it all started 'bout tha time Sebastian was tusslin' up thar with 'at Mexican gang. He really seem ta change for tha worse after 'at. 'n' if Pariah ain't dead she might know somethin' but we ain't find 'er neither while we were up thar.

The demon itself was physicly strong 'n' threw us 'round a bit with psionics or magic, but Magdalena seem ta have its number. Busted us up good but we were able ta take it down like I said bafore with a few shotgun blasts 'n' a lot of hackin' once I run outta am moe.
Jack_Fisher

Re: Just took down some damn thang

Post by Jack_Fisher »

Good to hear that you were able to kill it, but it's saddening to hear that another one of us has exited the fight in such a final way.

Jack
Kermode

Post by Kermode »

Too bad about your friend(s?). I hope they are at rest now.

There's lots of stuff that can take a body and make it theirs, none of it is easy to deal with.
Magdalena

Post by Magdalena »

Thanks all for your messages.

I can give an update on the situation. We uncovered some encrypted files, broke the code (thanks, you know who you are), but can't divulge any of that information yet. What I will say is nothing secret and is OK to share on an open forum.

We now believe the demon which possessed Sebastian did so many more years before our original assessment. We tracked down some folks that knew Sebastian back in the 60s, including a guy Sebastian served with during Vietnam while in the Australian army. Sebastian always believed in the supernatural and the paranormal. Peter, who only ever knew the possessed Sebastian, says that (in hindsight), possession and pretending to be a skeptic explains many things that didn't make sense at the time. The demon never fully understood how to pretend to be human. Peter just wrote it off as a curmudgeon being a curmudgeon.

After leaving the army, Sebastian started hunting monsters down. After sustaining a severe leg injury, he became more involved in the "society" side rather than the "agency" side. In the late 1980s, he started tracking down and uncovering a group referred to only as the Coven. Despite the name, no distinct monster type claims membership.

As we connected more and more dots, we began to see the big picture. The demon which possessed Sebastian used Sebastian's knowledge and connections to take out its rivals, members of the so-called Coven. That still occurred right up to the time we killed it.

While not carrying out its vendetta, the demon seemed to take great pleasure in causing problems around here and everywhere else Sebastian customarily associated. It took on the types of cases typical in Sebastian's younger days; unhampered by the leg injury it took an even more active role in some cases. While no evidence exists that the demon ever used anything gained from its interactions with Society members, double-checking anything you shared with Sebastian is prudent.

To wrap this up, we found in the last case file names of people who officially have death certificates. We followed up on two that appeared to be the most important to the demon and, suffice it to say, finding pariah is crucial; she is in grave danger.
Jack_Fisher

Post by Jack_Fisher »

And I thought I had problems. All I had to was fight something, not play head games with it.

All I can do is wish you good luck with this struggle.

Jack

Return to “War Stories”