What it means to be from Maine

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Holister

What it means to be from Maine

Post by Holister »

Greetin's from Maine

Well, it's almost Memorial Day and I'm stuck here inside recuperatin' from a shot to the back. Hell, it wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact I had to hire Nick Stevens to open my pool this year and get my yard ready our annual BBQ. Even Kelly and the kids are doin' more than I am. Guess it can't be helped, but I reckon that I'm lucky to be alive.

I'm thinkin' bout getting some new body armor, but I'm really considerin' givin' it up and retire like the rest. I got too much to lose and I'm just gettin' too old for this. Yet every time I try and walk away somethin' happens to suck me back in. Maybe it's my hubris, maybe it's my stupid pride, or maybe I am just too damn stubborn to know when to know when to quit.

After this time though, it left me scared a lil' bit, and that's never happened before. Heck, I even missed a shot that was a sure thing and that's NEVER happened before, not to me, not ever. I picked up my .45 yesterday and held it ready, it seemed strange like I was pickin' it up for the first time ever. Maybe I do need to get out this business.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Holister

Re: What it means to be from Maine

Post by Holister »

Greetin's from Maine

Well, Memorial Day went off without a hitch, cept that we had a thunderstorm blow through that afternoon. so had to move it down to the reck room. Other than that, it was pretty good.

Have Will Cross coverin' me down at the station and Doc Chase says that I recoverin' nicely and should be back up on my feet in no time. I hate bein' laid up like this. I swear if I ever catch up to that Professor Black fella I am gonna feed him to that thing in the pit out in the north woods. Who am I kiddin', I feel like a one-legged man in an ass kickin' contest right now. Shit if it weren't for this site right now, I think I'd go insane from the boredom.

Crap, there's the doorbell. Chat later.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Greetin's from Maine

Well managed to get online tonight. Kell's back in town for a special Bridal Shower she's throwin' down at The Brick and Moll's babysitting for the Foresters tonight so I'm pretty much by myself tonight. Think I'm startin' to go stir crazy, ya'll know, cabin fever and such. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the much needed R&R, but not bein' able to do anything is really startin' to get on my nerves. Hell, I could go back to work and sit behind my desk all day, it's gotta be better than this.

I did convince Kell to at least let me have a radio so that I can at least keep in the loop and stay on top of things. The fact is though is that Will's doin' a great job of handlin' things down at the station and there's just not anything goin' on around these parts lately either. Well, maybe not exactly. I don't know for sure if this means anything, but there was some chatter yesterday bout a missing child up near Timberline.

I didn't get much of it, but I did hear something bout the kid bein' snatched right from his own backyard. I wasn't able to hear much else after that. I know it's not my jurisdiction but it just caught my attention is all. Figure if its something serious Bret would drop me a line and let me know to keep an eye out. Just bein' a dad and all, I guess it just hit close to home.

Well, those damn painkillers are kickin' in, so good night ya'll get back on when I can.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Greetin's from Maine

Another quite night here in Maine. I think the most interestin' thing that has happened since last time I posted was someone left the barn door unlatched at the Jenkin farm two nights ago and their cow got out. The guys found it walking down Main Street this morning.

I also got in touch with Bret up in Timberline to see how that missing child case ended up. Of course, he couldn't tell me much, but the kid is still missing and they are suspectin' that the mother may have been involved. He doesn't buy into that theory though. I told him to stay in touch in case he needed any help. Bein' a father myself, anything involvin' kids just rattles my cage. I hope that they find the kid soon.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Greetin's from Maine

Well, I heard back from Bret up in Timberline. They found the boy's body about 30 yards away from his house stuffed down a hole. They are now charging the mother with his apparent death. Bret couldn't give me the details, but the mother swears she is innocent, and they don't have any solid physical evidence linking the mother to the crime.

My heart dropped out of my chest when I got the news. I don't know how someone could do that to their own child. Just thinking about it makes me sick. I asked Bret to keep me in the loop, just because.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Greetin's from Maine

Oh, I almost forgot, if Ron is still alive I need to place an order for those special .45 rounds he makes. I ran out back in October and forgot to restock.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Greetin's from Maine

One more thing that slipped my mind. I hope that you still give that Lazlo Society discount. I'd hate to have to pay full price for those things. Well, I'm off to bed, so talk to ya'll tomorrow.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Greetin's from Maine

Well, I got the strangest phone call this mornin' from Bret up in Timberline.
He called me up and asked if I still knew 'bout that "strange" stuff. It took every bit of restraint to keep from laughin'. I answered yes, and he told me about the ME's findin's on that boy's corpse. He confined in me, and he could probably get into some heat for sharin' this, but this here is a safe place we can talk bout crazy stuff like this, so here it goes.

Accordin' to the ME they got up there, there is no way the mother, or any human bein' for that matter, could have killed that child. At first, it was assumed that animals got to the body afterward, but then he realized that it had to have been an animal attack of some kind. This part may get gruesome for some of ya'll, so you weak of heart can leave the room. The corpse was partially eaten, which was not unusual in an animal attack case, but the strange thing was that every drop of liquid was drained from the body, right down to the marrow and spinal fluid. As for the type of animal, that they have no idea. So despite doctor's orders I plan on takin' a drive up there today and takin's a look for myself. Maybe I might recognize something.

Wish me luck.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Greetin's from Maine

Well, I just got back from the clinic. Doc Chase says I will be out of commission for at least another two weeks. Says that I need to take it easy. The heck with that I'm bored out of my mind. If it weren't for this site and Amber stoppin' by for some brews and target shootin' I may have had myself committed to tall pines.

Oh, and since I have your attention, I learned squat up in Tall Pines. Bret let me in to see the body sayin' it was police cooperation in a possible similar case. I have to say I've seen some pretty messed up shit in my time but seein' that kid's body made me sick. All I could determine was it looked some sort of animal.

He also showed me the ME report and a brief glimpse into the case file. No surprise that the ME was stumped, but all charges were dropped against the mother because the DA had no physical evidence against her meaning no case, so it has been declared an animal attack and swept under the rug.

Bret asked me in private "if this was one of those stranger things that happen around the Cove?" I said "Yep, and it probably ain't over yet." Heck, it's all I could say to him seein' I was as clueless as the rest of em'. But one thing I did see in the "unofficial" report, the bones were gnawed on, but only on the inside. That creeped me out completely. Sort of reminded me of the brain burrower thing me and Celeste had to deal with a bunch of years back, and those were not found memories.

I asked Bret to keep his eyes and ears open for anything else out of the ordinary. He said he'd be in touch if anything pops up. So in the meanwhile, I hit up Carter for anything about what it could possibly be. He said he'd look into it.

Well now it's a waitin' game, again. So until I hear back from, well, anyone, I just have to sit here and pass the time.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Greetin's from Maine

Well, I've finally been cleared for active duty again; well, more like restricted duty so I'll be doing desk duty until August 15th.That means catchin' up on paperwork, filin', goin' through the evidence room, and answerin' the radio, but at least I'll be back to work. The damn peace and quiet around here have been down right deafenin' if you know what I mean. I probably would have been back to work sooner except I threw out my back doing adjustin' the sat dish when I know I should have gotten someone else to do it. Trust me when I tell ya' Kelly did not let me forget it, even took away the computer. But she's down in Boston on a buyin' trip and here I am. Just figured I would check in again seein' how my posts suddenly stopped last month and let ya'll know I'm doin' ok. Well I gotta get to bed, so g'night ya'll.

Return to “Community Outreach”