Something Interesting - Psychiatry & Demonic Posession

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Razor

Something Interesting - Psychiatry & Demonic Posession

Post by Razor »

I stumbled across an article this morning in the Washington Post.

The rising tide raises all ships.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Cybermancer

Re: Something Interesting - Psychiatry & Demonic Posession

Post by Cybermancer »

My god-father had a practice until he died a few years ago where he tried to help people dealing with supernatural trauma of all sorts, including various types of possession. Eventually my older sister joined him in that practice and continues his work today.

They have to be careful what they say publicly however or it can lead to being discredited. A lot of their work comes from word of mouth and personal referrals.

As indicated in this article, healthy skepticism is a requirement as the majority of even the most convincing cases have explanations other than supernatural activity.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Gotham Witch

Re: Something Interesting - Psychiatry & Demonic Posession

Post by Gotham Witch »

I've had to refer many a traumatized client to someone with more skill at therapy than myself. Ghosts and demons that actually maniest in this world I can usually make go away. The ones left behind in people's heads, not so much. I've referred both therapists (Cybermancer's sister comes to mind) or more spiritual folks depending on the person's world view.

I've crossed paths with the Catholic Church many times with mixed results. Most of them appreciate my work and I've taken referrals from them before. Other times they assume I'm the one doing the hexing.

Like I'd be that crazy - a sorceress would be the first person they'd blame the moment something unexplained occurred.
"God have mercy on a man, who doubts what he's sure of." - Bruce Springsteen

Return to “Community Outreach”