As Promised

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Phoenix

As Promised

Post by Phoenix »

Just like the title says, this post is me keeping a promise to the previous user of this account. She's left the world behind, you might say, and I have mixed feelings about that.

Before the guessing games begin, no, none of you know who I am or have met me. Probably haven't even heard of me and that's how I like it and intend to keep it.

As for my color choice for text? Well for starters I intend to set myself apart from the Mad-one. But also, even if I am compelled to just give away information on this site, that doesn't mean you shouldn't have to work for it at least a little bit.

But perhaps more importantly, it means these posts will be easy to ignore.

Besides, I just like the color black, it sings to me with its depths.

First question to pre-empt. The reason why I'm taking over this account is easy. It's a demonstration of principle. Account holders come and go but their work can be picked up and carried on by those who follow. In short, this account is a legacy and is not simple to extinguish. The fact that no one knows my name is the first line of defense. That there is another waiting in the wings and another after them still is the second.

And just as it is with the Ajax stories, there's no guarantee that I'll always be the same one posting with this account.

Not my idea. Not even Mad-one's.

So now for the meat of this first post.

There is an agency of hunters that work in northern Europe and they specialize in hunting and killing werewolves. Really any sort of were-creature. Oh sure, they'll take out other supernatural threats when they come across them but its the wolves they actively hunt. Of course they have a name but I don't think they would appreciate me sharing it here. At the very least I'm not going to share it for free. Actually, their enemies probably wouldn't appreciate it either.

Well, this message is for them (they know who they are).

Notice how hunting got suddenly slim all of a sudden awhile back? First your prey was going to ground and migrating in unprecedented ways. And then they were just all gone!

I bet you'd really like to know who got the wolves all scared like that. I bet you'd also like to know who's being blamed for their disappearance. Maybe shake their hand, take some notes, perhaps?

So long you've hunted and never accomplished anything of this scale. Does it keep you up late a night knowing that you don't even know enough to know how much you don't know?

I could put you in contact with them. For a price. Of course it would mean coming out of the shadows and exposing yourself.

They say that the enemy of my enemy is my friend. The wolves were certainly your enemy.

They also say that the devil you know is better than the one you don't. You certainly knew the wolves very well indeed.

Care to find out which proverb is the true one?
"After Hiroshima was bombed, I saw a photograph of the side of a house with the shadows of the people who had lived there burned into the wall from the intensity of the bomb. The people were gone, but their shadows remained."

-Ray Bradbury
Holister

Re: As Promised

Post by Holister »

Huh?
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

The message was quite clear. If you lack the context to properly understand it, then it's a good bet it wasn't intended for you.
"After Hiroshima was bombed, I saw a photograph of the side of a house with the shadows of the people who had lived there burned into the wall from the intensity of the bomb. The people were gone, but their shadows remained."

-Ray Bradbury
Holister

Post by Holister »

Um, ok.... So we got mysterious, cryptic, and confusing. So who knows this guy?
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

That question was already answered.

-Ray Bradbury

Return to “Community Outreach”